Reviews for Once More with Feeling
IansInsane chapter 11 . 5/14/2015
PILOT THE EVANGELION! Or the kitten gets it!
...
...
Fanfiction.exe chapter 17 . 5/5/2015
A new account and a year plus later, this is one of my favorite story's on this site. Just wanna let you know that I check this thing daily! Anyway, can't wait to hear you update again. Thanks in advance
Minirowan chapter 17 . 4/29/2015
This story is just amazing. So much has changed already! Not just because Shinji knows the future, but because of his new attitude. How different would the show be if Shinji had been able to stand up to his father? If he was firm in his beliefs instead of changing them every second?

Asuka is already more likable than she ever was in the show. Rei actually has a personality. Misato is more grounded. There's a lot more I can say but then this review would never end.

I really hope you'll continue this story.
Valikdu chapter 5 . 4/3/2015
"as if daring anyone to say anything"

Needs Evabridged Shigeru here. :D
M.J.P. Smith chapter 17 . 3/6/2015
Such is life, I suppose, that an enjoyable piece of fiction must end. All things do, but the best things especially. I enjoyed this work, wish there existed more, and look forward to rereading it.
guts chapter 17 . 2/19/2015
Please keep writing this awesome fanfic, you have made me addicted to it. Thank you for creating this masterpiece
still-guns chapter 6 . 2/8/2015
I am so upset that this fic is dead. I really loved reading it, but after a year, appraoching two, there was no further updates.. It had such potential, was utterly fantastic to read and it died. A great shame.
donald7777 chapter 17 . 2/5/2015
This has been an amazing story,
The growth of Rei
Asuka's emerging friendship with Shinji
Misato's motherly concern.

I am looking forward to the next chapter.
Guest chapter 17 . 12/20/2014
I can honestly tell that your story is one of the best Peggy Sue Evangelion fics that I have read, one of my favorite Evangelion fics and one of my favorite fics, period. And I have been reading fanfiction since the beginning of the millennium! (Do you remember the long-deceased SDAT EVangelion archive? I do). It is in my Top 5 time-travel Eva fics, together with Higher Learning by Strike-Fiss, Re-Take, The Second Try by Jimmy Wolk and Unbroken by Donderkind.

Some people thinks that all Peggy Sue Eva fics are the same: Shinji returns, somehow turned into a badass that defies Gendo and starts to fix everyone's troubles. Your story proves that tropes are not bad and that concept can be well done and an engaging story can be built upon it.

Your storytelling, grammar, spelling... are excellent. I love how you get in the head of the characters and analyze their feelings and emotions. I also love your portrayal of Shinji, Asuka and their relationship. Proper characterization is very important to me, and your Asuka is simply perfect. You are depicting the character right like she is in the show (stripped of the fanon ugly distortions created and spread by bashers and haters), with all her good and bad traits, and showing why she is great.

My only gripe is your portrayal of Gendo and Yui. In your fic he is an irredeemable bastard that never cared for Shinji, and she is a saint that wanted to save the humanity. In canon Gendo DID care for Shinji but was afraid of him, and Yui was on board with the Seele plans since the beginning (I ask why she wished that Shinji was present to watch the test where she dissolved. Hmm...). Honestly I think that post-Third Impact Shinji would simultaneously resent and pity both.

Anyway I am afraid because your fic has not been updated in one year and half. However it went through a way longer hiatus previously. I pray for you manage find the strength, will, inspiration and free time to finish your fic and sooner or later we will see a new chapter.

Please, do not give up on this story. It is marvelous.
FelipeFritschF chapter 17 . 11/28/2014
Epic. Oh geez, just epic. Without a doubt, the best Eva Peggy Sue fic. Characterization is flawless, and Shinji makes realistic and good usage of his knowledge, particularly in dealing with Asuka, whose scenes and development is simply priceless. Goddamn, I'll be dammned if SHE doesn't propose to him in two or three chapters :P.

This story manages to retell NGE in an comprehensive, enganging way, with well-written... well, everything. In recent chapters Shinji's action have begun to have deeper effects now that he's seaked out Kaji and his interview/interragation with Seele has created suspicions around The Old Men, creating some very interessting prospects for the future.

I do have to say however, that I think the author spends waaaaaaay too much time with some waffy chapters, the shopping trip and the quadbike race being prime examples - these are roughly 50k words alone, was that really necessary? I have nothing against waff, much to the contrary, in fact, however I do get frustated when the plot takes too long to keep going.

Nonetheless, I EAGERLY await for the next update. Goddamnit author, forget about your life already and write. :3
Shinsuka fan chapter 17 . 11/26/2014
Now I'm not the first one to say it, and I certainly won't be the last to say it, aaand it probably won't make a difference but I just gotta say it. That story is just too good to be true and too great to be left unfinished, the characters are really well written, the side stories are really cool, and while the relationships are still building, they are allready very complex and captivating. And the whole wibbly wobbly timey wimey is just fantastic. There isn't anything else to say, I really hope it will get updated at some point in the near or not too distant future.
Toaneo07 Ver2.0 chapter 17 . 11/17/2014
mmmmm nice fic, when you have the next chapter?
TempestTroper chapter 17 . 11/4/2014
Honestly, it's unlikely this review will change anything, and this will still be a dormant fic. But those words-'dormant fic'-are infinitely better than the words 'dead fic'. And that's got to count for something.

So. The review.

Out of all of the NGE Time Travel fics I've read, this is probably among the top 3. Considering that I found this off of TvTropes, and there were several hearty recommendations, I thought I'd check it out.

This fic is magnificent. You've done one of the best jobs I've seen planning through the effects of the time skip, and because of this your fic is spectacular.

The fact that you're an awesome writer only compounds this.

I sincerely hope that this sleeping giant will wake up once more.

Troper
Daigo Himura chapter 17 . 10/21/2014
nice story! i wonder if u're going to continue the story coz i like it very much!
Zak chapter 17 . 10/14/2014
For all of those asking about the fic being dead or not. This story has gone on multi-year long hiatuses in the past, so it may come back. Sadly there is no way to know until it either updates or the author says something...
616 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »