Reviews for Better Be Slytherin!
briturnealmasd.net chapter 2 . 8h
Snape is being way to rude not even giving the boy a chance always assuming the worst making fun of him and worst of all not noticing the sighns he is supposed to be his teacher act like it
cncman chapter 51 . 10/17
I loved this story, it's a truly excellent portrayal of abuse and starting to overcome it whilst still staying true to the original characters. I liked that it doesn't excuse Snapes awful behaviour whilst still giving context to it in a way that depicted him as the traumatized individual that he is. Much more nuanced than Rowlings depiction where we are never given a good reason to like the man save for his final act, as if that could excuse the years of abuse he piled unjustly on Harry for the sin of looking like his father. It's a shame this never got the sequel it deserved but I treasured reading it anyway.
Steve-Arkarian chapter 22 . 10/16
Finally Severus pulses head out of his arse!
Steve-Arkarian chapter 21 . 10/16
I know sleep is generally not an idiot even though after all he has found out he's still being a complete jackass towards Harry. And I know he's not an idiot like I said so how does he expect Harry to get along with his fellow classmates and not have them alienate or hate him more than possible when he's never there especially during their study sessions and if he has them in detention every night when does he expect Harry to get his homework done let alone any studying? He's not an idiot he's not stupid is he just not thinking or does he just not care?
Steve-Arkarian chapter 10 . 10/16
Even though Severus knows Harry's situation or at least part of it there really has been no improvement and how he interacts or perceives him and at this moment Severus is still a dick.
Steve-Arkarian chapter 3 . 10/16
After reading this chapter I am both confused and mildly irritated. I don't expect Severus to be all nice and nice at this point in the story. And I realize that he hates / dislikes Harry cuz he expects him to be exactly like his arrogant father or whatever. However, not only was Snape a spy previously but he has eyes in his head and knows how to look at things so when he pulled Harry out of the shower Harry had previously been thinking while in the shower about aches and pains and bruises. If Harry is covered in bruises or even just has a couple Snape would have noticed them he may not have come to the right conclusion right away but bruises are obviously visible. So I do not know what happened with all of that business.
Steve-Arkarian chapter 2 . 10/16
I'm pretty sure I read this story before and even liked it most likely. and I'm guessing especially since it's a longer story that eventually if not sooner than later Severus becomes much more human and helpful in what not and is no longer such a massive dick like he currently is.
Moose188 chapter 51 . 10/11
Can I just say: you are an amazing writer. You honestly strike me as someone who could write professionally because of the way your words just flow off the page! Thank you so much for this story!
Kayleigh J chapter 1 . 9/16
It makes me sad to assume the writer most likely isn't coming back. I don't think I've ever wanted a sequel to something more in my entire life. (
How you write victims of every kind of abuse is scarily accurate
Kayleigh J chapter 51 . 9/8
Oh this was so GOOD. SO GOOD! I really enjoyed your spin on this great tale, so much so I fear the sequel that will never be. You haven't written anything in a while, I noticed, and while I'm sad that means the likelihood of this series continuing past this story is slim to none, I'm at least happy I found this fic. I had a great time. I hope you DO return to writing, becouse you have amazing talent.
Kayleigh J chapter 25 . 9/7
I'm really enjoying this story so far. I always hated how little everyone seemed to care about Harry's abuse, and I understand that J.K was aiming her book towards children, so, especially the first one, Harry just seemed to get over it really quickly becouse he was so happy to be in Hogwarts. I like that you've actually adressed the issues, and how he may have been feeling.
I noticed that the description of the story says YEAR ONE COMPLETED. Does that mean you plan to continue this storyline into the events of the next book. I haven't finished the story yet, but I'm actually sad that I'm already halfway through. I really like this, and I hope you do continue. Chamber of secrets would have been a far different story with Harry in Slytherin.
marvynthephoenix chapter 14 . 9/7