Reviews for Better Be Slytherin!
aGnamZer0 chapter 38 . 12/8/2021
That a milestone chapter, Harry voluntarily confiding to Severus.
aGnamZer0 chapter 37 . 12/8/2021
While Albus as a character is someone I like a lot, if only due to his complexity, it's however – as contradictory as it may sound – a character I also hate when I read a HP story. But here, today, he went way too far. Not calling the aurors for what Avery did is unacceptable.
aGnamZer0 chapter 36 . 12/8/2021
I'm going to kill this Gaius. He better be expelled by the end of the day. What did he do to Harry. Just how far did he force himself on the boy? Kisses? Sucking? Caresses? Blowjob? This makes me sicky. I almost want to throw up. Just how much misery will Harry live before he can finally finds peace and happiness?

I really hope the rapist won't get away with it, because a fifteen years old boy – or from any age truly, but that's not the point – raping an eleven years old one inside a school where he should feel safe and protected and that may not even fare retribution despite having been taken in the act is disgusting.

On another topic, personally the only pairing I'd enjoy – and one that is basically inexistant – in time travel fics to the Marauders era is Harry x Regulus.
aGnamZer0 chapter 35 . 12/8/2021
Harry has such a great friend in Theo. Honestly, he's the best friend Harry could have ever asked for. He notices things, from the first day he noticed and udnerstood a lot from Harry. But not once did he ask questions or pushed him to confide. Instead he was just there for him, his presence cuddling with Harry and using actions instead of words to help him.

I know you said you didn't want slashes in the story because you wanted to stay as canonical as you could, but it would be criminal not to pair them together.

Anyway, what Gaius did really revolts me. It's quite frightening too imagining what he could have done.
aGnamZer0 chapter 34 . 12/8/2021
I know I'm rambling by this point, but it's just I LOVE this story! I love how Teddy looks for Harry and sneaks and plot for him, I love how Severus tries to finally understand Harry and his homesituation more clearly and protect him and I love how the Baron serves as a confident for Harry.
aGnamZer0 chapter 33 . 12/8/2021
Severus played it smartly, great!
aGnamZer0 chapter 32 . 12/8/2021
Not easy to gain Harry's total confidence, huh? But then again, when you do get it, it will be unshakable.
aGnamZer0 chapter 31 . 12/8/2021
You know, each chapter I read I'm awed by how accurately you manage to depict Severus and Harry's thoughts. Harry's especially are difficult because understanding the mind of an abused child – whether emotionally, physically or both – require deep empathy and imagination. And yet, you manage it so well. I love this story.
aGnamZer0 chapter 30 . 12/8/2021
It's the first time I see Harry brighten so much in this story and it was a marvelous sight. I hope he'll be able to do that more often, to trust Teddy and Millicent enough for that.
aGnamZer0 chapter 29 . 12/8/2021
Your ideas are really interesting and original. I've read a lot of HP fics believe me, but it's certainly the first one where the Baron becomes Harry's friend and confident. In fact, I've never seen a story where a ghost possesses a student, much less to help them. As for Harry remembering some of the spells used, I'm not surprised. But anyway, I really enjoy this whole thing between the baron and Harry.

Also, I'm glad Harry has such awesome friends that stick with him no matter what.

"He wondered if this portkey was regulation, but decided not to ask. If it was, he would look like a fool who thought his teacher would do something illegal, and if it wasn't, he'd be in on the illegal something. The situation was a no win, for him, unless he kept his gob shut." Spoke like a true Slytherin! I love seeing Harry embrace this part of him.

When Severus thought Harry had no self respect and self worth, and he said he would go with Harry somewhere, I knew immediately it was Harry's parents graves. Admittedly, when he was about to use the portkey, I briefly considered Godric Hollow, but then I discarded the thought since it would also be wrought with many terrible memories: the night of their death.
aGnamZer0 chapter 28 . 12/8/2021
Thanks for the small mercies. Indeed, reading italic or bold text just because they are directly from canon is not very enjoyable. Glad you didn't do that.
aGnamZer0 chapter 27 . 12/8/2021
Truthfully, at his age Harry is already much better than me at understanding people's reactions and emotions, socialize and read between the lines. It's sad he developed that skill to survive, but it will serve him well.
aGnamZer0 chapter 26 . 12/8/2021
Did I mention just how much I love this fic? Because if not, I really need to. This story is absolutely fantastic!

I don't know how you manage to portray Severus so well. I never knew how to use sarcasm even though I certainly know how to enjoy it, so I'm amazed how faifthful you are to Severus' cutting personality.

To be fair, although his sorting already changed him a lot from canon, you also kept Harry's canon personality while still making him more hardworking, diligent and intelligent – no doubt due to the absence of Ron at his sides replaced by the positive one of Theo who likes to learn new things and Millicent he feels he needs to help.
aGnamZer0 chapter 25 . 12/7/2021
Ah, I could watch the beautiful, sweet and marvelous friendship between Harry and Theo for days on end. Seeing them interract with each other is always such a balm for my heart. I'm so glad they found each other.

The broom is a little concerning however. Quirrell will no doubt take the opportunity to curse the broom beforehand and then the blame will be laid at Snape's feet because it's him who gifted it to Harry. I can see it coming already.
aGnamZer0 chapter 24 . 12/7/2021
And so he went from detentions to private tutoring. So still no time for his friends. I'm unfair, I assume the lessons don't last four or five hours like the detentions did.
8,545 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »