Reviews for Wary
Catherine Wheels chapter 1 . 2/15/2011
This. Is. Perfect.

Just... This.

I don't even have words for how wonderful and in character and perfect this is.
insaneprincess chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Beautiful! There are ties between these two, and things they know about each other, and it makes the relationship between them so powerful. I love the line about him being the object of her disgust and her being just some woman who can't make a good cup of coffee. That was perfect, the way it brought you back to the surface, or what they consider to be reality. I loved the way you explored the watch too, and Vidal's need of it. Also, the final lines were perfect. Lovely.
ArgyBargy chapter 1 . 9/28/2008
People tend to forget the people in this fandom. Which is stupid because they're the most interesting bits. However, you haven't and instead have written this lovely fic, so good on you. It's great to see that you've managed to keep things snappy from start to finish instead of degenerating into endless postulating, and the writing suits the character very well.
Raihu chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
This is the thing about this fandom: it's easy to love the fantastical side, full of myth and ambiguously happy endings, and to dream up new branches of the fairy tale. But the human side is just so -unbelieveably- human that all the emotion and violence become more real somehow, and though I can empathize with those characters, I shy away from them a little too. Because they seem so true to life, and there's nothing more difficult to write than the motives and ruminations of another "real" person.

I think that's what you've done here. In your hands, Mercedes has a remarkably clear, determined voice, and it really suits her beautifully. The bitterness and pride that lurk in her otherwise nuturing personality come through in just the right measure, and I love the way you make her think. Appreciative of something as simple as sunlight, reflexively judgemental, alternately doubting and confident. It's really great, really excellent to read. Thanks for this one.