Reviews for The Monsters Come at Night
flikaroo chapter 1 . 1/2
A great perspective on a scene from this episode. I thought they took it too easy on Leo in the episode, after all he did shoot his own brother! That has to shake him up at least a little.
meganechan720 chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Wow. I always thought they never did enough with that scene. I mean, Leo isn't the type to just shoot his own brother and not have any kind of reaction. He was so calm and collected, it had to be eating him up inside. Great story!
Do a Barrel Roll chapter 1 . 11/23/2010
The last sentence was fantastic.
Megan McAlistair chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
poor poor Leo

so much for Good Genes...

some things never leave you
Second daughter of Eve chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
Poor Leo.

Eve
Leepet chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
Wow. That sends a different light on it. Poor Leo. Great job! I really liked that. Very nicely written. I like how you only really say it's Donny until it's almost over. And very nice foreshadowing on who it is!
saralinda chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
I like the tenderness you bring out in Don. I feel I wanted a stronger ending...

I like all your work, though!
Suit of Storms chapter 1 . 5/22/2008
Wow. Poor Leo. Everyone thinks he's so perfect, I'll bet most people don't even consider him still having nighmares.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 2/23/2008
Beautiful and chilling perspective of Leo. I loved how you showed us the tormented side of Leo, who was forced to use the gun on an infected Donnie. The guilt and self-loathing Leo has for himself was written wonderfully.

/Quietly, I tell him—command him—to say my name again, just so that I can hear his voice form words and not screams./

The part where Leo *commands* Don to say his name really brought shivers to my spine. But I also love the psychological part of it where Leo needed to hear Don's voice and not his screams.
SassandraS chapter 1 . 2/14/2008
wow

original

very deep

last sentence held a lot of meaning

poor leo

he always was an angsty type

I just adore post Good Genes fics

great job!
sunbune chapter 1 . 10/5/2007
*gasp, agonized scream:* No Leo you're not a monster! ! ! ! !

*weakly climbs back into chair*

You've done it again, DB, you've totally overwhelmed my fangirl senses. I mean, wow... this is "drabblish", you say? Well then I say this is some seriously powerful gives-me-goosebumps drabble. OK, bear with me here...

I admit I have an extremely discriminate liking for shonen ai (once you've been a fangirl for so long, it's kinda inevitable...) and the thought of Leo climbing into bed with Donny pushes a few of those buttons... but not too many, thank goodness. As long as they're just cuddling and sleeping NEXT TO each other it's all good. And I do mean good. So good! *cries, babbles incoherently, hugs adorable sleeping Leo/Don sandwich*

But aside from all that, what I LOVE about this was just that it dealt with Leo's reaction to what I've always thought was one of the (if not _THE_) coolest Leo scenes in the whole series. When Leo is walking determinedly forward, shooting monster-Donny again and again and again... jeez! when I first saw that, I swear my jaw just dropped and I was like, "waa... coo oo ool... Leo is such a badass! ! !" because earlier in the episode he was the one telling Bishop not to shoot Don, not to hurt Don, etc. but when it came down to it, he was the one willing to do what had to be done. If you close your eyes and squint you can see the Leo of SaiNW in that, as well as the Leo of MNT Gaiden... the Leo who made the choice to put down/abandon/kill one of his family members. Certainly not an easy choice, but one that Leo made and acted on, shouldering all of the responsibility for it. Poor Leo! The fallout from making such a choice probably would be pretty severe for the guy. Hopefully not quite as severe as you've described it, but, you know, in the ballpark at least.

I just can't get over how cool it was when Leo actually shot Don and took him down! Man... it was just so awesome! I'm really really glad that you wrote this one-shot dealing with the psychological aftermath of that scene. I will say that Leo kinda creeped me out just a little bit "commanding" Donny to repeat his name and then "hating" him for being so gentle. I mean, Yikes... I'm tempted to get the feeling from this that Leo is one sick puppy. But I really don't think that's the case. He's just suffering from nightmares and guilt... he'll get over it, I know he will.

You did an outstanding job with this! love love love love love!
Princess Tyler Briefs chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
I must look ridiculous, sitting at my desk at work and trying so hard not to let the tears fall down my face. I have to tell you, I *adore* this. I feel like there is so much emotional turmoil in those episodes that NEEDS to be explored, but wasn't because it's only a half-hour long kids show.

What you had Leo feeling, dreaming, it was all fantastic and so real. I can't blame him for what he felt, at all, but I can understand how he would hate himself for it. This is a fantastic story, I love it!
nightwalker3 chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Wow. That's painful but brilliant.
emrysmile chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
That was fantastic! At first I was seriously freaked out about Leo dreaming that he was killing one of his brothers but near the end when everything came together it was just SO good! I have no advice because it is the first story I have ever read and been unable to find a fault!
Spiritual Stone chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
Aw... this is awesome. It makes real sense, and is incredible. I love the character development you put through this and the hinting and all that.

Brilliant.