Reviews for Masters of Manipulation
JD SPARKS chapter 21 . 7/15/2018
Ugh.. Yup, totally cried over this. Glad the Dumbledore moment happened, I do love your Dumbledore too. Wonderfully cryptic in all his responses. Tom having that epiphany, the pivotal moment where he understands love is always fantastic.
JD SPARKS chapter 19 . 7/15/2018
Ah-ha! I knew waiting and letting things play out would eventually explain that sort of time jumpe withing the time jumping that happened around ch6. Once again my compliements to your story. I am so happy Hermione was able to do an awesome stealth mission to nab something from Grindlewald, and having Tom show up to help her escape. Not to mention them finally hooking up! Hooray! I do love these two when their relationship is properly developed and I feel like your characters have such an interesting dynamic. Your young Tom is great, and his interactions with his old self are golden. He usually has a bit of a stick up his butt in most fics I've read, but your sort of down to earth version, though still sort of twisted and evil is refreshing to read.
JD SPARKS chapter 15 . 7/14/2018
Gah sorry I haven't reviewed for a few chapters was in a spotty Internet area, also tbh some of the time-travel was breaking my brain a little. Like how would they go forward to like the Gringotts stuff then go back and not remember doing that, they still age from age normally so like if they went there then went back, that future was still their past... But yeah again that was leading to a little confusion on my end so I just kept reading to move past it.

I loved the trip and encounter with older Voldemort. Also I love their arrangement and how much time they are sort of forced into due to trying to solve the puzzle of the books. I definitely love the blood-binding charm though that to is a bit confusing, but I can't help but laugh at this "side effect" they keep thinking is affecting them as a result, which sounds to the rest of us like a case of teenage hormones. The idea of them being the bookish nerds that don't recognize it as such, that it could never happen to me thinking is amusing if that is what it turns out to be.

I also love the humor in your story. I don't think I mentioned it but all the physical harm that befalls young Tom always has me bursting out laughing. The chandalier, the several times he's been hit by a body bind or stupefy and just hit the floor or lain unconscious, and the whole bit of him being tossed around trying to break into the founders section of the library. Fun stuff but also makes him feel like a person, and also younger and more vulnerable.

I am curious about that crazy void/emptiness felt by Hermine when they did that weird mind-meld. Is that really how he feels all the time, that's so depressing. How could anyone function like that?
JD SPARKS chapter 6 . 7/14/2018
Oh my gosh. I love this plot so much. I wasn't sure how they were going to be racing, but I live the mystery of them trying to master the books, and the Lore you've added to Helga Hufflepuff! So excited to think obout her gifts and how they might have been twisted into the unforgivables, what a brilliant idea. Also I can't like tell you how much joy it brings me that you have Hermione/Tom popping in an out of time like Primer or other tales that utilize time correctly. I love that you are playing with the idea of time-travel and it's capabilities beyond just sending her on a one way trip to the past.
JD SPARKS chapter 4 . 7/13/2018
Oh my god, I need to sleep but this is so good! I loved the exchanges between Tom and Hermione in these past couple of days. The switching of the books, and Tom already starting to harass and assault her. But now the chandelier I'm gonna have to keep reading! Unputdownable indeed.
JD SPARKS chapter 2 . 7/13/2018
Oh so many things to mention, wish I could jot stuff down on the fly. I love Hermione lecturing the crabbe/gold duo on not having taken her advice.

Also I loved your Dumbledore's no-nonsense response to Hermione having the book, and using Legillimency right away to make sure she wasn't a threat. I know it's kind of against personal boundaries but at the same time he's responsible for a bunch of kids safety. I like that he has to be sure before just letting any old person who appears, start roaming around the grounds.

And I really liked Salazar, usually he's sort of the creepy bigot but I like that you've knocked him down to just a normal person who's actions were misconstrued. Same with Minerva, so glad to see she's kind of completely different in her youth.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/13/2018
Yay, devouring all the Tomione fics I can now that I've discovered this pairing. I can't believe English was not your first language, this was very well written! I like your Tom he seems very much his age here, and your Hermione is great too. I love time-travel fics. I don't thing they will ever get old for me, very excited to dive into your story!
YourVeryOwnRandomCatLady chapter 25 . 3/21/2018
oooh shit! this is wonderful! looking for next now. thabks for sharing this!
Nanouchy chapter 2 . 2/20/2018
OOC hermione Bad actor tom Do not read story. Sorry, not my cup of tea
brume42 chapter 25 . 2/15/2018
I just L.O.V.E.D your story !
Perhentian chapter 25 . 2/4/2018
Hey, I just finished this story and it is just fabulous. I love your Tom and your Hermione, the way you managed imbricated time travelling. What I found the best is how you can make Hermione credibly hate and love Tom at the same time, while still being a "good" person. You are writting very well and your story is very pleasant to read. I also read MoM2, si I will post my comments on the epilogue on my review to MoM not to spoil :) Thank you very much for writting and sharing this story.
Guest chapter 2 . 2/2/2018
Hermione chose to lie about transferring from Durmstrang is not wise. Honestly, she cannot speak Bulgarian or Russian just by talking to Krum. Do you expect people to believe that they speak english and not Bulgarian?
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2017
Team Bermione lol
Aeonmaster Aeroza chapter 1 . 5/4/2017
I agree with that person, but I give it a 8/10
L chapter 25 . 4/15/2017
I loved this story so much, the writing was perfect, the description of Hermione and Tom was perfect and I am glad I read it until the end. However I must say that on the last chapter you lost me. I mean I cant understand why Hermione married Krum. It just does't make sense to me at all , they even had a kid? What? I mean what about Tom and Hermione? I loved how you describe them together. They were perfect together and they liked each other right?
It is your story and of course you can do what you want with it but I want to be honest and I must say that I didn't like how you separated those two in the end. I mean they both survived and I was so happy that they could finally be together(I thought that one of them would die so I was relieved) and then I read the last chapter and I just couldn't understand why they weren't together anymore.. As I said I might missed something but it just doesn't make sense to me.
So I dont like the last chapter at all but all the previous chapter were amazing and I didn't regret reading them.
As for for the sequel I dont thing I will be staying, I might check it out of course but I prefer to read stories that Hermione and Tom are together.
You are a really good writer with unique ideas and I want you to know that I really respect your work. Everything I wrote above is just my opinion and it is strongly affected by my obsession with tomione and my dislike to see other people getting between them. I just love that couple so much, I think they compliment each other so well and it makes sad when their romance and affection dies in the end. I just love good endings and an ending that Tom and Hermione aren't together is just so sad to me.(When I read about Hermione married Victor you kinda broke my heart, I wont lie. But at least she didn't married Ron which I dislike tremendously.)
550 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »