Reviews for Masters of Manipulation
Megan Consoer chapter 9 . 9/13/2007
I really like this story alot. Can you please write some more chapters?
cyranothe2nd chapter 1 . 9/12/2007
Ahh, ye olde Hermione/Tom/time-bender fics..I LOVE these!

OK-funny stuff-you actually made me research Hermione's name because I was sure her middle name was "Jane". Turns out you were right, in canon it's "Jean".

I though her telling Tom not to "have a cow" was funny as hell. And I wonder what Parseltongue writing looks like, "S..."? LOL

Nice beginning but (not complaining, just observation) you need a beta rather badly.
Bamboolotus7x5 chapter 9 . 9/11/2007
Humm I don't know what to say. I'll just wait for chapter ten to ask more questions. I liked the chapter, but it was more food for thought than anything else.
blindfaithoperadiva chapter 9 . 9/10/2007
Ah, another fantastic chapter from you, my dear. Thank you so much. I read this earlier, but I had to run to rehearsal and was unable to review, so yeah ... Here I am! It was a perfect touch to my long day. Heh ... You lifted my spirits, that's for certain. Remind me never to be in an opera again. Gr ...

I'll be looking forward in reading more, my dear, and I loved it! As always.

Cristina
killtheenviousmoon chapter 9 . 9/10/2007
i wonder what the effects will be after telling everyone and their mom that she is from the future. but she does need all the help she can get. i wonder if the potion will work, it just seems to easy. and where is tom? can't wait for the next update!
Magick chapter 9 . 9/10/2007
Oh very very nice. Not a hugely thrilling chapter in and of itself, but it sets everything up so well for later! It's exactly the type of chapter that brings all sorts of questions to mind, not in the least being "where the hell is Tom?" Because you know, with your Tom, we have to keep a very close eye on him.. Can't be trusted, that one ) Still, a really excellent read.
Raven217 chapter 9 . 9/10/2007
Muahaha...lovely conversation between the lot of them, especially between Ernest and Hagrid about this Crumple-Horned Snorkack. I so can see that! *g*

Okay, now I finally understand why Hermione is so happy about how the unbreakable Vow turned out for her..didnt get in the first place. Hopefully it will really work out. Or is Tom going to ruin it somehow again? Gs...

Hm, about the link. Strange, it should work, actually. Its correct so far, unless...there are two "w"s missing in the "w." , did you insert them when you tried to open it? Or probably the "/" behind the last word (thornbird) ruined it..

Try again:

.de/members5/thornbird

Okay, now Im waitung whats in store for Tom in the next chapter..May I "bwahaha" a little bit , or is Tom going to succeed again...? *gg*

Greetz

Raven
Raven217 chapter 8 . 9/9/2007
Hi Nerys!

YES..gimme Tom for my private war...muahaha...well, actually, my own boyfriend is sometimes evil enough...*gg* I had a nice weekend, came back and enjoyed your latest chapter! Thanks! :-) This was a fascinating meeting between Tom and Hermione. The unbreakable Vow? A perfect idea! But I have absolutely NO clue at all what actually happend in the end..hmm.. Oh come on, tell us! :-) Are the now connected in a special way, I mean, apart from the vow and apart from this strange thing with the books which they can fully read only when they are toghether? Did the umbreakable vow play a trick on them? Did the founders? Oh, many questions, no answers...

Oh by the way, I finished the picture, you can find it

HERE:

.de/members5/thornbird/

Greetings from a person who know the disadvantages of being underpaid in social jobs *winks* ( Im a former educational health therapist,a mixture between caring, nursing and education, and KNOW about certain low digits...oh well...)

raven
killtheenviousmoon chapter 8 . 9/7/2007
wow, tom and hermione are in for a wild ride, aren't they? i have a feeling something will go wrong with the unbreakable vow... maybe because tom used "tom marvolo riddle" instead of "lord voldemort" but in his mind he isn't tom. i don't know if that made sense, but it's just a speculation. i can't wait for the next update!
Bamboolotus7x5 chapter 8 . 9/7/2007
I like the story idea, and that fact that you are using all of the books to come up with what your are writting. So I would like to see how you will make this story fit into that pease of shit J K Rowling came up with. Great work on the story, and I can't wait for the next chapter.
Magick chapter 8 . 9/7/2007
A deal with the Devil is never a good idea, even when both you and the Devil are in far over your heads.

This story is incredible! I sat down to read the first chapter, because I really do have a lot to get done thing morning, and I couldn't stop reading until i was finished. Amazingly enthralling, it just drags the reader in!

Chapter 6 was an evil, evil teaser of what might come later, just for the record. And in ch7, I have never thought I was would be so grateful to see Minerva! Breaking Tom's wand, oh that was just priceless!

I can't wait to see more of this, dear, because Im adding it to my favorites list. So far it's right up there with 'Have You Ever' in my mind, making it possibly one of the best fictions I've read in a long while. And considering it isn't finished yet, that's really saying something.

I love your Tom, by the way. I think it's funny that our versions of him are so different, and yet they can coexist in the same person quite harmoniously. I see it as being the difference between being on his good side, and his bad side.

You are a really unbelievably talented writer, and even more so that it's out of your first language. If I only have half your talent ) Oh, and you dont have to answer this if you don't want to, but I noticed something, and I was wondering if your first language was French?
blindfaithoperadiva chapter 8 . 9/7/2007
Wow .. I see a flaw in this vow ... They didn't say "the entire conents of x book without lying or withholding any information". Granted, it's implied with the "entirety of the book" part, but yeah ... Haha

Crap ... Gotta relieve and groom my guide dog. Me musg go pronto. Great chapter! It wasn't boring, by the way.
Emriel chapter 7 . 9/7/2007
Wonderful chapter yet again. It was full of action and it definitely needs more reviews... I mean the plot is great even though it's confusing. Either way, on to the review.

So I've read over the first paragraph and this seemed to be another of the flashbacks... hmn.

Tom's getting violent already... and now I get the point that there's nothing that would turn the boy back to being a normal being since Tom is already Voldemort and being so, he would be unforgiving. He's not for saving so I guess, it's free for Hermione to go and kill him? But that would be close to impossible... The boy and his reputation, plus the slytherin hierarchy behind his back aand the favor of all the other professors except for Albus... Haha

Yep, I dunno if I mentioned it already before but clearly, the story needs more interaction with other people and you've probably began to resolve that... but Minerva's suggestion... ? I'm not exactly sure if I ever want to follow that. Yes... it would be easier if more of them knew - the more the better, as everyone says... but the sheer harm it would do to the timeline...

Well, given the fact that the "nothing is ever going to change" ideal is applicable in HP (as denoted by the time travel that the trio did before... in saving the life of sirius) - this is pure chaos. Argh, but I leave you with that. I just don't understand the system that much.

Now Minerva declares war with Riddle.. and I'm expecting that there would be a war... and Hermione is the one who will suffer.

Oh... and another thing... I could see the relationship progressing! In the forms of crucio and cruelty... such sweet macabre love.

That might be the excuse of Tom for pushing Ron instead of Harry... Yeah... because it might be that Tom saw "Ron" as the object of interest that Hermione has.. and because of which... it was his automatic response to push the boy away - instead of his eternal rival... the-boy-who-wouldn't-just-bloody-damn-die, thinking of Hermione as one of his possessions... You did give a hint that Hermione is in fact binded with Tom because of their shared blood in Slytherin's book.

Oh. and in fact, I was thinking it over again. If such events had already happened... like Tom Riddle going through all that and becoming voldemort... then that would mean that it was destined for the book to go to Hermione's hands because what else would simply be the reason for Voldemort to tell that the book was from an old friend if it wasn't really like that. And why didn't he just kill hermione and harry with a curse and etc if he could easily send the book away and such. It would just mean that if ever Voldemort wanted Hermione to meet him in the past then that would mean that he already experienced the whole thing and gave her the book knowing that she would be using it and she would really be able to figure it out.

Now the only thing that I would want to ask is if Voldemort knew of Hermione...? then why didn't he just... oh yeah... it's a lost cause... because if he ever told hermione... then hermione would lose the animosity and then there was this little thing of the curiousity that can be satiated. (in the case of Hermione)

Nevertheless, even if I want to ponder more on those topics... I kinda have to go.

ja.
killtheenviousmoon chapter 7 . 9/6/2007
tom is one twisted kid, isn't he? well he does grow up to be voldemort so maybe that explains it. i know i was just imagining it, but i thought the torture scenes were suprisingly erotic. i was mad when minerva interrupted it! looks like i'm the twisted one! anyway, great update and i'm looking forward to the next chapter!
blindfaithoperadiva chapter 7 . 9/6/2007
Wow ... Action packed! I can't wait to see if they get the books and how they get the books. Heh ... Stupid Tom. He really is loathsome. i love the way you portray him. It's very true to his character.

Cristina