Reviews for The Other Word for Sorrow is Joy
Guest chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
It's really good
solysal chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
Oh, Vincent. This was wonderfully done. The way you drew Vincent and Sophia, the *strength* they show (both in similar and unique ways), and Vincent's almost ironic self-awareness- the partnership it paints is just so intricate and bittersweet.

The afterimage of the war in this fic hits quietly, but hard. The way their personal and political lives mirrored each other was especially nice to see: what the two of them have been through cuts across boundaries like that.

Thanks for writing this!
anon chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
Brilliant. I really liked the way you handled Vincent, and Sophia both. Vince was magnificently done, and the way you handled the description of the court mechaniques was great, especially when you mentioned all of the officials, with their sick calculations. I did like Not-Irene, even though his part was rather brief.
Demeter1 chapter 1 . 1/3/2009
Beautiful; you really caught Vincent's voice. The way you described the wedding, the delicate steps and boundaries required of such a marriage, even the way she had a child and how the ministers were calculating whether letting her live or not would be a good thing? Awesome. ) Love this!
Ayame Harushino chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
Not-Irene, short his part may be, is cute, haha! Vincent is as charming as ever; I loved this fic.
Kanchou chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
This story is wonderful! One of the best I read on Last Exile. A very good sequel. It's sad, but Last Exile is sad too. Poor Vincent! (I'm writing from Italy)