Reviews for Balance of Power
Brlliant!
highlander348 chapter 5 . 7/17/2016
A very good story! Well done! I missed that cartoon! I used to watch reruns of it a few years ago. :)
sarista wow chapter 5 . 12/7/2015
Ah this was a brilliant self contained what if, you did a great job keeping everyone in character while allowing them a greater amount of freedom the shows confines never would have.

You got us into their heads smoothly and excellently, conveying their sense of alienation, their changes since they'd last been home, as well as their sense of tone in conversation. Additionally I loved both how clever, but not flawless you made all the kids, getting the interview, paying bail the machine all of it was brilliant.

The entire cast felt In character as I said, DM suitably guilty about what he was forcing everyone to do, Venger with somehting resembling a sense of honour, Hank's heroic self sacrifice, Shiela's protectiveness and quiet strength, Diana's passion, Bobby's impetuousness, Eric's fear combined with his willingness to do what's right, eventually, and Prestos creativity and helpful nature. Everyone's reaction to Eric bribing their problems away along with his own behaviour was fantastically done.

This was an awesome story
Guest chapter 5 . 9/30/2015
This was so incredible! Such a basic, but effective plot! Everyone is flawlessly in character, and the twist near the end with the jail break was perfect in its simplicity.
twitchy witch chapter 5 . 9/17/2010
Awesome! I'm so happy I stumbled on your ffn account, there's all sorts of goodies here I haven't read yet! I love this premise and thought you pulled it off very well!
JennyJade chapter 5 . 2/6/2010
By far the best fanfic on Dungeons & Dragons section. Congratulations.
The Watcher chapter 1 . 9/9/2008
A very well written story and everyone was in character! I especially liked the tension created with Venger in prison. Was Old Horn Head planning something or was he actually powerless? I would have thought that no prison on Earth (short of Azkaban!) could have held him. As for the bat wings being part of Venger's cape, I really never gave that too much thought until now. But if you think about it, it would be very difficult for him to get dressed in his robes if they were actually part of him. YOu really gave your story a lot of thought and it shows.
The Gandhara chapter 5 . 6/24/2008
Great story. The dialogs were excellent, and you have a wonderful grasp of all the characters. I liked how they remembered everything they had learn in the realm to achieve their goal.
magdilen chapter 5 . 5/3/2008
Good job- everyone was very IC, especially Eric.
LadyKatherine29 chapter 5 . 1/8/2008
This was pure gold. hats off. loved it. Great plot, excellent flow. just a great fic all the way around.
wulfgarfang chapter 5 . 11/6/2007
oh, wow! authentic indeed! it was really nice to see eric come through for his friends. and i liked how venger let the kids go with their weapons - it was very fitting. i really enjoyed reading this. you nailed everyone's personalities perfectly. kudos! - wfang
wulfgarfang chapter 4 . 11/6/2007
eric saying he was going to get a mop was priceless! okay... did eric post bail for venger? i need some answers here... - wfang
wulfgarfang chapter 3 . 11/6/2007
ah, dungeon master! wasn't expecting to see him which is a bonus for me. really enjoyed everyone interacting with each other. wish i could remember the episode you're referring to with sheila and bobby, but i haven't seen this toon in a really long time, neway, onto the next chapter - wfang
wulfgarfang chapter 2 . 11/6/2007
story is getting even more intriguing! and it was a good thing that hank parked his car somewhere else - glad you thought of that - wfang
wulfgarfang chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
excellent beginning! your portrayal of hank is simply spectacular as is the storyline. awesomely done! - wfang