Reviews for Poppy Juice
JolieBlack chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
Thank you for that hilarious mental image of Cadfael sitting quietly on the bank of the Severn with his fishing rod, maybe nodding good-day contentedly to Madog of the Dead Boat as he passes... one would wish him a few quiet moments line that, really!
The Lady Nightingale chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
I laughed and laughed - this is great. I did wonder about the poppy juice, too. I wonder what kind of fish you'd catch in the Severn?
TardisChic chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
This is hilarious! I love it!
Walks-in-Shadows chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
This story is just absolutely lolworthy! I just have one point to make: although you do see poppy juice used a LOT in the TV series, it isn't used nearly as often in the books the series is based on. Just a point of interest.
Kushera Knez chapter 1 . 1/27/2012
Excellent! Loved it. Can just imagine giving into temptation Where teh Prior and jerome are concerned.
Gabion chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
I love it! You've caught that quick dry humour, and the completely innocent ending!

I honestly didn't realise there were Cadfael fanfics on this site. Great stuff.
lilBlueDragon chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
Oh, this was so very excellent! The Cadfael novels are some of my favorite stories, and the movies, with Derek Jacobi, are superb. I've read several of your stories already, and they are incredibly good. This one in particular is a sweet little story...poor Cadfael, it's about time he got some peace and relaxation!
ShakNali chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Of course he wouldn't really do that, but I wonder if he was ever tempted... Love the ending. Thanks for sharing.
Cassandra A chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Very cute, I enjoyed it.
Jo Z. Pierce chapter 1 . 1/31/2009
Cute!
kamelion chapter 1 . 11/29/2008
LOL! You have to wonder if he's tempted to do that...lovely!
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 11/15/2008
This was delightfully amusing! My Aragorn uses poppy juice,but sparingly I hope!
Seraph chapter 1 . 11/10/2008
I wouldn't be suprised if the writers stole your fanfic to end their episode with. But now I am going to bed.
Yemi Hikari chapter 1 . 3/12/2008
Lol - I enjoyed your fic very much. It does explain it humerously, though I can explain it within actual context of the series. This took place before Catholisism was banished from England by King Henry. Poppy juice would have been the highest known pain relief at the time and was actually used by healers during this time frame. Of course, if one used to much, they would poison someone, or so I believe.
Obi's Second Cousin chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Aha! That explains so much!