Reviews for The Wizard of Silence
great story hope you finish. it July 25 2015
ToddGilliss chapter 21 . 7/17
more to come?
thebetawholived chapter 21 . 6/26
Not a bad ending - by the time we got to the end, it was about what I expected. Except for the blue-point calico . . . that was a nice touch.

I'm beginning to think that Penny is close to writing Hogwarts off as a bad situation. Dumbledore has proven himself to be manipulative and untruthful repeatedly, and I can't imagine her tolerating that. It will be interesting to see if the contract changes things, but I suspect it won't in the long run.

Good Story! Looking forward to a sequel!
thebetawholived chapter 19 . 6/26
Again, canon but with a delightful little twist!
thebetawholived chapter 18 . 6/26
Well this is a delightful new twist to the forest/unicorn detention!
thebetawholived chapter 16 . 6/25
Well written. I think the author is doing a good job of interleaving events from canon. characters, and personalities with the characters from Charmed.

I wonder how Grams will react to that little stunt that Dumbledore tried. It should be interesting. And while I understand that Snape will revert to normal, I wonder if it is the second of three strikes for him. I hope so!
thebetawholived chapter 14 . 6/25
I'm frustrated that Snape is out from under the jinx. But I bet, knowing him, he will receive a permanent version before the end of the story.

I liked the activity after Halloween dinner in the great hall. It's similar in the book but enough different to be plausible.
thebetawholived chapter 11 . 6/25
Type your review for this chapter here...
thebetawholived chapter 10 . 6/24
The story is beginning to diverge: Harry answered a couple of Snape's questions, he's already met a house elf, and he has a lively appreciation of Ron's limitations already. I'm very curious where the story will go next, and I've enjoyed it so far.
thebetawholived chapter 9 . 6/24
Pro forma trip through 9 3/4, the Express and a sorting - not much unusual or noteworthy.
thebetawholived chapter 7 . 6/24
That line about 'arrangements for his future care' is ominous. Makes me wonder if McGonagall is rotten. Snape is his typical self, but it's too early to infer much else.
thebetawholived chapter 6 . 6/24
Well, this was an interesting chapter! I can forsee a series of low-grade but escalating conflicts between Grams and Dumbledore, worsening when you add a dash or two of Fudge's brutal stupidity.

I have the feeling that both sides are in for some surprises, one of the big ones when Dumbledore meets Leo.

I haven't seen an episode of Charmed in almost a decade; I wish my memory was better.
thebetawholived chapter 5 . 6/24
Hmmm . . . bully . . . reptile house . . . boa escaping from enclosure . . . sounds familiar!

I could do without Mrs. Cawston though. She's a real piece of work. Still in the Charmed world, but Harry is approaching Hogwarts age.
thebetawholived chapter 3 . 6/24
Most of this chapter seems to be from Charmed . . . I think the story will stay in that world for a long time. It looks like Harry may be facing some unique challenges, and I'm looking forward to read how the author develops this story line.
thebetawholived chapter 2 . 6/24
The author is still trying to weave the crossover together at this point. So far, this story has real potential.