Reviews for The Wizard of Silence
Simianpower chapter 12 . 10/16
Yeah. Bored now. You're just rehashing canon word for word and adding a tiny little change here and there. Not even the NAME of this story is accurate. "Wizard of Silence" my ass. The amulet totally ruins the entire story premise, which was interesting until that came up. A telepathic but mute Potter with Charmed magic. But that way you wouldn't be able to copy all the dialog that JKR wrote, so you quickly reversed the mute part. And blindly copied all of her text. I'm out. This story is about 3/10, mostly just for the idea that got squandered around chapter 6 or 7. A mute Potter would be lame, but with the telepathy it had some potential. With the amulet, in Griffindor, doing and saying exactly the same things as in canon? Not even a little bit interesting. G'bye.
Simianpower chapter 11 . 10/16
Rehashes of the same stuff that happened in the last chapter... This whole chapter could've been reduced to "Harry wrote letters home detailing what happened in his first week of school." There, I just saved you 700 words or so.
Simianpower chapter 9 . 10/16
This was mostly copy/pasted from JKR. To the point of plagiarism. To the point of boredom. You can't at the very end of a chapter say "Oh, and by the way I copied a lot of this from the original author" and be forgiven for it. It's still a very lame way to write, and still borderline illegal. It's still plagiarism. The next time I see anything like that I'm out of here. It's usually a sign that a story will suck because the author has nothing of his own to say. The first few chapters felt a lot like Harry Potter and the Elder Sect, and this one's transplanted from canon. What's next? Copying the first episode of Charmed word for word?
Simianpower chapter 3 . 10/15
So... crippled, pre-Hogwarts, 5-year-old Harry. Who is mute for life... and thus unable to use both Hogwarts magic and Wiccan rhymes. Honestly not seeing the point of this fic so far.
Cassandra30 chapter 3 . 10/10
Superb story idea.
Cassandra30 chapter 2 . 10/10
Superb! I do like the idea of a prison sentence but that was definitely terrific!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 10/10
Wow! Excellent beginning! Do the Dursleys get their comeuppance?
kuraitja chapter 18 . 10/5
harry said norberts name before hagrid told them de name of the dragon.
I think her revenge fits, actually. It doesn't actually hurt Snape, just humiliates him like he does the students he torments. Teach him to watch his attitude, and he'll lose the rainbow hair.
Magic29 chapter 21 . 8/2
Looking forward to the sequel when it comes out please let me know
Prisci chapter 21 . 7/29
Hola saludos , me gusto muchooo , la historia , espero que sigas porfis , espero que el viejo entrometido , come caramelos , sufra por la negligencia hacia Harry , por entrometido en meterse en la vida de otras personas , es capaz que hasta le intento robar , si es de la luz pues no parece ...
user51s2r chapter 6 . 7/12
I already liked this story, but this chapter made it even better. The characterizations are well done. The writing style is pretty good! There are a few word choice/typo errors, but they are easy to ignore.
user51s2r chapter 2 . 7/12
This is a very interesting crossover! I am enjoying it so far!
I LOVE your story! I can not wait for the sequel! More PLEASE! Thank you for your hard work!
JewBrow94 chapter 1 . 6/19
my issue with a story is that after the first few chapters you're basically repeating what JK wrote word for word with only a few minor changes in between