Reviews for The Wizard of Silence
BillBrink chapter 21 . 8/2
Second time was just as enjoyable. Thanks for sharing. Would hope you would do the sequel some day.
Khatix chapter 8 . 7/15
Sucks to seem him getting his cannon wand when he has more power than cannon so the wand should be different to match his extra power.

The whole amulet thing to "speak" to cast is glaring plot hole, its effectively a radio transmitting and playing what it picks up so it shouldn't work as spoken casting. So technically he should be able to do full silent casting easily as others spoken casting. Otherwise his inability to speak as a major plot point is moot if he still needs to "speak" to cast and can't easily silently cast.
MissManga08 chapter 21 . 6/12
Hi !

I really enjoy the fanfiction. It was a wonderful crossover. When do we have a new year ?

I agree with one of your reviewer : Harry will be always back at Hogwarts, Dumbledore will win. But Harry should rest in San Francisco at the end, his family matter to him like you said on the beginning and Ginny may be influenced by Dumbledore to make Harry leaves his family. Also, I hope Sirius'll not die cuz Harry and Penny can help him (with some spells and travel).
However, I'm so disappointed about the way Mcgonagall threats Harry, she's so different from the books but I understand cuz it's a necessary in your fanfiction. I was hoping that we'll be able to see Phoebe, Piper and Prue go to London with Penny and Harry for the new year or the fourth/fifth years. It's should be fun.
In the fourth year, with Voldemort's return, I'm wondering if Leo can make an apparition in Hogwarts to heal Harry cuz he is his wightlighter and the Elders want him heal Harry.

Well, I'm off here. Good luck for the others one shots and fanfics !

XOXO

(Ps: I'm French, so I really hope my grammar is not that bad)

MissManga08 aka Caroline
alia00 chapter 21 . 5/22
It's very nice
Roostertheking chapter 9 . 4/20
You started beautifully with unique plot but then u went down the hill...same thing from books and harry did 360 turn to book harry...its past three chap and I am reading the same " yes I know I am quoting from book but good stuff will come next" ...its boring...
plums chapter 9 . 4/11
Very very disappointed to find this story, see all the great changes you’ve done, and then have the canon story firmly slam back onto the standard plot line with Weasleys and Gryffindor in this chapter.
Veronica McClure chapter 12 . 4/10
Grams' revenge IS colorful! I never did like when Snape visited his revenge on Harry just because of Harry's Father, and Dumbledore let him do it by taking Shape's word over Harry thereby tarring Harry with the same brush like the other teachers; I really think that was canon Harry's problem at Hogwarts: Snape was not the only teacher who looked at Harry and saw only his Father, he would've a lot better off if the teachers who taught James, had looked at Harry & seen his motherhood eyes.
AsashiDakuKitsune chapter 8 . 3/29
Already hate it.
Lunanimes chapter 21 . 3/28
I like your story. I loved that Harry wasn't raised with the Dursleys. I love his relationship with his family and how close they are. I also love how Harry doesn't take everything at face value and his more of a deep thinker than in the books. I like that Harry is willing to learn things and is more coolheaded. I also like his friendship with Neville. I also like how you didn't do character bashing! Thank you for that! You made Dumbledore more manipulative than it is said in the books, but not in a way that doesn't fit his actual character. Like the changes in Harry's personality make sense since he was raised in a different environment, but he is still Harry. Dumbledore's manipulative character can be seen as reaction to changes to his plans, but still Dumbledore who does care for his students even if not competently with his blindness and biases.

I did have a bit of issues about how much events stayed the same as the books simply because it made me think to much of fate and very little free will if the future is preset. I am also sad Harry is going back to Hogwarts because a contract doesn't garantee his safety. Like it's not much of a threat if Penny just keeps agreeing to send Harry the next year and let Dumbledore win. Next year the basilisk happens and then back to Hogwarts after chewing Dumbledore out again? Rinse and repeat until Harry defeats Voldemort and Dumbledore is dead and has achieved his goal. Plus if Harry ends with Ginny, then Dumbledore does get everything he wanted in the end, since Harry would probably stay in the wizarding world with his wife, like Lily did with James. He might keep in contact with his family but he wouldn't be close to them anymore. Then nothing really changes, once again that whole predestined thing, no real free will. Plus Dumbledore wins, which bugs me more, honestly.
Darlarose17 chapter 21 . 3/9
GO PENNY! times like this, she reminds me of my mom, when they get angry like this, they're like a rottweiler with a ham...please write the sequel soon, ooh, maybe get Aberforth in to side with Penny, that'd be freaking awesome! Stupid Dumbles totally needs to have his (as quoted by Paige) "testicles orbed into a volcano"...at least I think that's how it went, its been a while since I've seen "Necromancing the Stone", I know she talking about orbing the Necromancer's testicles, but I couldn't remember if she said into a volcano or not...have Penny go after McGonagall and Tonks next! have her tear them a new one too!
stephenopolos chapter 13 . 2/13
You're railroading. It's fine, its just it'd be fun to see him do something different for once, likeaybe refuse the quidditch position instead of just meekly going along with it.

Or maybe him repeatedly telling Ron to shut it.

Or possibly even him managing to not let Ron pull him along on the farce of a duel, because hey, filch having spent all night on a stake out of the trophy room means he would be extremely upset with Malfoy for the false lead and suspicious that it was just a ploy to keep him occupied while Malfoy did mischief elsewhere.

As for grams punishment, too public, should start with something that causes him private embarrassment. Or even pain. Perhaps a positive reinforcement curse, if he punishes inappropriately then have the curse give him pain, if he then reverses an unfair punishment or gives an appropriate grade/reward where he would normally have not, then give pleasure. Of course it might take him a while to figure that out.
ScarletRainbow1 chapter 21 . 1/23
I have enjoyed this story, but you ended it in 2007 and there's no indication of a sequel as you said would be coming. Please, it's been 10 years. Reconsider and continue this saga.
stevefocus chapter 21 . 11/15/2017
Good story but too much from canon for me. Hopefully you change that on the second story.
Mitsukini Haninozuka chapter 21 . 10/30/2017
Please let me know when the sequel will be out. Looking forward to it,
Child of Dreams chapter 15 . 10/24/2017