Reviews for Kings to You
Rinhail chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
I don't think I've ever seen a story from this characters point-of-view.

Anyway, I really liked this. You did a very good job with his characterization.
Procrastinating.genius chapter 1 . 10/14/2013
LOVE THIS!
Ed Harley chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
An excellent picture of the dark hearted fisherman, well done.
clickytheclickster2.0 chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
This was interesting...you nailed Fernand's use of speech. I could hear his voice narrating easily. Great job :)
Allen Skylark chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
"I am told by the poltergeists of some unknown force of night that my nobility was cheaply begotten" - Genius. This whole piece is genius.

Eloquent, raw, and poignant. I think you chose well writing this in 1st POV. I love how Fernand begins with the definitions of "nobility", how he is almost gloating, yet it turns out he tries not to despair that Edmond was the truly noble man. And how insightful, that Fernand is haunted all those years by the "echoes" of Edmond. Beautiful wordplay. Profound insight.

And simply brilliant how you finished this. I hope to see more work like this from you!
Allstrangewonders chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
Very nice study of Fernand and Edmond's characters, and the difference between noble men and noblemen (interesting too how F. started out as a humble fisherman and worked his way to the top - through less than noble deeds)

... not sure if dear Fernand could have figured all that out in his own arrogant little head though... ;)
Barcavolio chapter 1 . 8/25/2009
I love this. How although at the time of this Edmond is still in jail but still nobler than Fernand who's been made a count.

I'm very glad to see you spelled Edmond's name right - so many people spell it with a "u"!

The book is not just a book between me and my mother - it's a person, and a truly amazing person at that *huggles Edmond*
Knighted Fantasy chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
I thought that this was excellent! I recently watched the movie, and decided to check out some fanfics...I'm glad I chose this one! The word choice, the emotions, were perfect. You caught the character, and that is often a hard thing to do, especially in a story as deep as this one. Great job.

Kings to you.
Alice-In-Wonderland101 chapter 1 . 6/9/2008
this is so well writen i love the way that you tried to stay with the style of the book yet gave it your own twist. Very deep and thoughtful.

Alice
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
I've heard it said that guilty consciences never sleep. I think this story captures that well. He is trying so hard to justify himself, and yet cannot. He only succeeds in making himself feel more guilty. He calls himself a coward, and in the end, his ultimate fate showed that as well. Good story and a fine attempt to get into Fernand's head.
monkeyleo3 chapter 1 . 11/18/2007
This is really good. Poor Dantes. You really got into Ferdiand's (sp?) head, and got an undertone of pity for Dantes at the same time. Awesome, awesome job!
zero percent chapter 1 . 11/7/2007
That was so good! you captured Mondego's attitude and personality perfectly.

Bravo