Reviews for Son of a Preacher Man
TrentonPwiu130 chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Let me start off by saying that I did really like what you wrote, and I do like Tim Roth. The idea to take Pumpkin's background and somewhat model it after the Dusty Springfield song in the movie was fantastic. The style is pretty Tarantino-esque, and you did a good job of emulating it. Most people would have just thrown in a lot of sh*ts and f*cks and called it a day. It is a little sad that we get no background on Pumpkin. I like that you compared Pumpkin to some scared, little kid because that's pretty much what you become when somebody points a gun at you. There were some small things. I didn't particularly care for the paragraph of his assumption of Jules, right before he said, "You read the Bible, Ringo?" Also, I'm pretty sure Jules used a .45, not a .44. But like I said, these are small complaints. Overall, I really liked it.
TrentonPwiu130 chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Let me start off by saying that I did really like what you wrote, and I do like Tim Roth too. It really is too bad that we didn't get any background on Pumpkin. The idea to model his backstory somewhat after the Dusty Springfield song from the movie was fantastic. Your writing was very Tarantino-esque. Most people would have just thrown in a lot of sh*ts and f*cks and called it a day, but you went way farther past that. Actually integrating it into an event in the movie instead of making it stand alone was definitely the best way to go. I like the idea of comparing him to some sort of scared little kid because that's pretty much what you become when somebody points a gun at you. I just had a few small complaints. I didn't particularly care for the paragraph about his impressions about Jules right before being asked, "You read the Bible, Ringo." Also, I'm pretty sure that Jules used a .45, not a .44. But like I said, these are small complaints. It was fantastic.
Velcro chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
Holy crap that's beautiful, you really got the tone of the film down.

Er... I think I'll leave this here now since I don't have the words to do this piece justice.
Sad eyed Lady of The Low Life chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I know its about eleven years too late to be reviewing...(ok more like 3) but this was brilliant. Great back story and so well written... well done! added straight to my favourites! :)
thegirlfrombarcelona chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
That was really good. I loved the last line!
VirendraLione chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
Wow. This is awesome. Really sounds like Tim Roth. Maybe more Mr. Orange than Ringo/Pumpkin but still cool ;)

Really wish I wasn't a one shot, would love to read more.

Vi.
ayandsee chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
We quite like this one. You've done a good job with two tricky areas: writing in dialect and inventing a believable backstory. The end really makes it.

Cheers,

Ay and See
Sanaryelle chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
Hi there,

This story is excellent! I love how you give Pumpkin a real character and backstory in so few words. It's a crying shame there aren't more stories in this fandom.

I loved Tim Roth's Liverpudlian act in this movie, and he was excellent in Reservoir Dogs. If you hever ave any more stories for this fandom, I'll check them out.

Cheers.
CaptainMajor chapter 1 . 4/26/2008
OMFG! This is AMAZING! I absolutely LOVE this! :O Your writing is STELLAR!

I love Tim Roth too! I like to say that I'd love to do stuff to him, but well, that's awkward because he's kinda old now :S

But anyways, this story is AMAZING! I love your writing style! I've never see Pulp Fiction, but i heard that Tim Roth was in it, so yeah... anyways. Keep up the good work, please! This is Awesome! :D

*Isabeau