Reviews for Ordinary people
QG chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
I know this fic is a few years old, but I couldn't NOT review it. What a beautifully written story! I feel like not enough attention is called to what happens after saving the world in most media, so I was delighted to read this. I thought the characters were portrayed very accurately - and I thought the note Hikari threw to Daisuke was an honest touch - and I loved the pacing of the story. Wonderful job - a favorite for sure!
mirai3k chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Let me just say that I am so deeply touched by this piece. Not only was it so very well written with excellent diction and the overall tone, but the overall themes here are those that I wrestle with in my own interpretation of the series and really, you got at the things that made me love these kids in the first place. Ken's gentleness and perceptiveness and Daisuke's hard-headedness to stay young at heart and never change-you make these boys glow, both individually and together. I appreciate that they recognize the lack of fireworks or parades, and the realism in everything.

Also, the entire post-saving-the-world notion...I think this is exactly how it would have played out for all of them, especially since these kids experienced something collectively that the rest of the world could never relate to.

Anyway, thank you so much for this.
winter faerie chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Wow. This was such a *lovely* story. You gave a different spin on the "post-apocalyptic battle" setting: a more subdued tone, with all the awkwardness of real-life explanations and the sense of "back to normal day-to-day activities" that contrasts so much with the action/fantasy in the actual series.

I think you did a *wonderful* job with Daisuke & Ken: you realistically showed how they matured through their adventures, but you still kept in mind that they were *children*, a fact which many of us seem to forget when we're too caught up in the series. You kept Daisuke's stubbornness and rebelliousness and love of fun, as well as Ken's uncertainty in himself. I also liked how you mentioned Kari as well, and how Daisuke thinks/reacts.

Thanks again for such a great read! _
boronia chapter 1 . 7/9/2008
Wonderful short story. Lovely, and a perfect ending. I adored it.
Meredith T. Tasaki chapter 1 . 3/25/2008
Fantastic.
Sairyn Arishi Ringtongue chapter 1 . 12/2/2007
that was beautiful. Great story!
dragen545 chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
I really liked this story. It was just what I was looking for! Good job. Although I'm not sure it really fit the story to have them kiss at the end. The story was seemed to be more about them as friends than lovers. The story wouldn't have been harmed if you had had them just stay as friends without any romance. Just my opinion, so you don't have to pay any attention to it.
Hearts.Pocky chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
This was (despite being a _bit_ too flowery a times, though that may just be me) beautifully written. It's extremely original and kind of sad as well. Everyone's in character and I can imagine that if the series had shown what had happened directly after the defeat of MaloMyotismon, it would be something like that. The end was very cute; sweet without being overly sentimental.

Great story.
TrippNessa chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
I like this story! Good job _
Ichijouji chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
It's really Nice _ I love it ...