Reviews for Shade of Blue
Child of the Gypsies chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
*Stares at story for a few minutes, mouth agape*

This is AWESOME! There really aren't enough Dark Turtle fics out there, and this has to be one of the better ones out there, including non-DT TMNT fics! Everyone is in-character, and your explanations of the other Dark Turtles' personalities and daily lives were well thought out and interesting. You really ought to do more like this! *favs*
Megan McAlistair chapter 1 . 10/12/2010
I've read through this entire thing in one rush now and all I can think is:

Poor Dark Mikey

if it's true I...

I just want to cry

I want to write a Fast Forward Raph/Dark Mikey friendship story right now

after crying

how can they be so cruel?

maybe I should watch the episode again and let this mental injury be healed by the image of Dark Leo sharing with his brothers, all of them

I guess that's the only way for me to get over this

you, sunbune, are a genius

evil, but a genius
rip chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Well The Story Is Ok But U Really Dont Know How 2 Potray Raph But Then Again Raph Is The Most Hardest 2 Understand. Also Raph Does Like 2 Kill Which Is Why They Label Him As A Rebel Cause He Rebels Against Splinters Teach Ings Which Is Not To Kill But Choose A More Good Morality Life Path
Muria chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
I actually already reviewed this... 'An Impressed Reader'... anyway, I still love it! So... disturbing... And you describe it really well, because I understand what's going on even though I never saw that episode...
an impressed reader chapter 1 . 12/25/2007
So sad! This is really well-written, but I want to see more of Dark Mikey... and rescue him! The poor thing! And the others are such tragic characters, though the thought of a cruel Donnie is scary... He'd be so dangerous... Will you write more on these four, like do some one-shots (or long stories if you're willing!) of their lives and relationships? It's fascinating.
Winnychan chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
Oh, I really enjoyed this! Very intriguing way to continue those events, which was one of the better episodes of the series. Before that I would cringe when I saw it was a Dark Turtle episode because they'd taken such a neat idea and done such impressive, ho-hum things with it I felt... But this episode really did more of what they should have done about it all along. It won me over.

This is such a great exploration of all the stuff they only touched on by comparison in the actual cartoon. And I understand why, being a kids show and already pretty dark even as they aired it. I was especially annoyed that the toon finally got the Dark Turtle stuff right on the episode RIGHT before the series ended, giving us no closure at all. This made me feel a bit better about that. I mean he's still not vanquished so it's not over yet, but you explored all the things I was most interested to hear more about after watching the show.

Wow, huge rambles. Lemme just say one more thing specifically, before I wrap up. My favorite aspect of this fic I think was Dark Leo's spooky insights into what his dark brothers were like. Just loved it!

Loved that Dark Leo thinks the most pathetic thing about Dark Raph is the fact that he's so loyal, and thinks it is his biggest weakness.

Loved Dark Don described as being the cruel one.

Especially I loved your Dark Mike: abused, physically and emotionally starved, their constant whipping boy and in some twisted way still desperate for their approval, their company. The only one who weeps...

Oh, yeah. Good stuff!

XOXO

Winnychan
Jessiy Landroz chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
As much as I nearly laughed my head off with Mike interupting the little 'chat' and flicking the lights on and then off, (and god knows what he saw 'exactly' in that hyperactive imagination of his) his bolting to get the rest was a good thing, cause I think D!Leo would have laughed his shell off at how Raph's face changed colors XD;

The character insight was spot on and I liked how you made D!Leo blunt, yet still deciving! Raph saw right through him, but he didn't see that fight coming... the taser bit made me cring, though x_x; it takes a lot to make Raph pass out, and a huge turtle sitting on you wasn't exactly helping...

I agree with the points made about Dark Raph and Don, thoguh I'm not too sure dark Raph is like our Raph, I hadn't really been able to 'read' him well enough, he barely got much of a role in the episodes 'n'; I'm not too sure about dark Mike, either, he seemed pretty Mikey to me, but the explination why he's yellow instead of orange does make sense; sort of.
Kyaserin Marii chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
I've seen the episode, and this story blends well with it. I cracked up on the part when Mikey found Raph and Dark Leo. That was just too funny.

One of my favorite parts of the episode was when Raph said "Give him an inch and he'll take a spleen!"

Anyway, well done! I really liked this story.
Okami1 chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
*snickers* Leonardo junior. *snickers again* That little comment just got me chuckling. :D

Very nice story. I had thought of writing something similiar but I think you did much better than I could have. So kudos to you. _ Although, that part about Dark Mikey really made me sad. The poor little guy. *huggles Dark Mikey*

And the other guys too. They were born and bred-so to speak-to kill the original turtles. It must be hard for them to realize that their only purpose in life is to kill, or be killed. So on that note *huggles the rest of the Dark Turtles*

Excellent story. It's definitely being added to my favs. _
Chevy Nova chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Pfft! Poor Dark Leo nothing! Can't forgive after learning what Raph has about Dark Mikey. Now that's poor Dark Mikey!

Anyway, extremely interesting! Wonderful job. :)
Nekotsuki chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
Oh, wow. I really love this scene - Raph doesn't get much time in Fast Forward to show his real colours (strongly loyal, temperamental, hot tempered) and you've done such an awesome job showing them here. _ This is great. Thanks!
KriStALKaLEi chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
I haven't seen many FF stories...I liked this. Ya made me wanna go youtube the epi :)