Reviews for My Mistake
readmered chapter 1 . 6/11
I freaking adore you for writing this. You captured the brooding, regretful side of Ten really well!
AManDuhhhhh chapter 1 . 4/25/2014
This is quite possibly the best GITF fanfics ever. I love your writing style; I love your take on the episode; and mostly, I really love your take on what was going through the doctor's daft head! And though I do love a happy ending, it's frankly stronger this way. (Although I would definitely like to be in his head as he tries to put what he broke back together again as well).
Guest chapter 1 . 12/8/2013
aww. this was perfect in so many ways...
greeneyesCutie chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
I wish you would have taken the next step with this writing and shown how he would fix his Mistake. So I will say that it is a lovely start. :)
vannadear chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
It's so perfect that I need to excuse myself now so that I can go stitch together the open chest wound where my heart used to be.
PardoxPixie chapter 1 . 11/25/2011
nice
sonofafluffymuffin chapter 1 . 4/5/2011
O: ...sequel...? .
bite-me-im-irish chapter 1 . 1/26/2011
:( Stupid Madame de Pompawhore :( I wonder if RTD realises the hate he has caused this woman! Great fic, so sad.
KirstenLavransdatter chapter 1 . 7/15/2010
See now, I like your explanations for Girl in the Fireplace - that the Doctor is occasionally a prick. Who perhaps believes that he doesn't deserve to be happy. So he sabotages himself.

Besides the fact that the Doctor had no way of knowing whether the fireplace really was a gateway to 18th-Century France (and there were plenty of historical inaccuracies to indicate that it WASN'T), my problem was the faintly nauseating combination of nostalgia and decadence that permeated the whole story - tinkling music boxes and all.

And it got me to thinking that maybe the Doctor has developed some decadent tastes over the centuries - that he doesn't really want love, he wants Lost Love. He doesn't want the future: he wants the past and regret: he'll even travel to the future so that he can put it in his past. He doesn't want forgiveness: he wants guilt because it makes him feel important. He doesn't want a living rose: he wants a rose dried and pressed between the pages of a musty book.

Sometimes I think he gets off on the pain. Or he wouldn't keep doing it. Going through the fireplace, he wins either way. 'Cause either he gets to enjoy the guilt of blighting the life of Reinette (a woman he has admittedly known only about 6 hours) or the exquisite guilt of leaving Rose and Mickey stranded forever.

So that's why I like your explanation better.
Peregrinate chapter 1 . 3/12/2010
Serves you right, Doctor. :'(
T'Be chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Interesting insight for the Doctor's motivations with regards to Reinette. Would love to see a story that relates how the Doctor explained his feelings and was able to move his relationship with ROse forward again.
Jen89 chapter 1 . 8/14/2008
This was good. You explained it very well.

Jenny
Clockwork Mockingbird chapter 1 . 7/10/2008
I need to read a happy fic now, because I just watched the finale and got all sad... but I liked the story! Meep!
Playing Passerine chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
There are so many stories from gitf but it's still fun to read and get the varying points of view on it. (There will be no story coming from me on it, seeing as my initial reaction was 'wow where can I get a necklace like that' then 'I knew I liked 9 better for a reason' No story there. maybe a necklace someday...

Besides, anything you write will be brilliant.
Star-of-Chaos chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Yep. Boy did he screw up there. Thanks :-)