Reviews for Quicksand
Poaetpainter chapter 2 . 9/1/2007
Wow awesome fic so far!
pandora jazz chapter 2 . 9/1/2007
You have done a very good job of describing Sam's pain and feelings of loss over the death of Jessica. His goal of finding their father, finding answers to what killed Jessica are what is keeping him moving forward.

Dean is doing a good job of trying to help Sam deal with his loss, but like he thought while looking at burnt apartment, he is just glad that he was able to return in time to save Sam.

All Dean can do is '...just be there and ...hope that would be enough.'

Thanks for sharing your story with us and for the update.
mmyy chapter 2 . 8/31/2007
YOU are an EXCELLENT writer - please please please update soon! chapter 2 . 8/31/2007
Great chapter, you could really feel how heartbroken Sam felt and going back to the apartment only made things worse, and all he could rescue was a photograph of him and Jess. And poor Dean, so concerned for his brother but feeling so helpless and not knowing what to do for his brother. What Sam needs is just Dean, being himself, being there for him, a constant when everything around him is falling apart! Interesting though, Sam's thought about needing to find his Dad as he'd know what to do, usually he would not listen to him!

Loving this story, you've pitched it just right!
Master Li chapter 2 . 8/31/2007
yay for drama! Can't wait for the next chapter, update soon!
daisymaygirl1 chapter 2 . 8/31/2007
Just loved this chapter again. I loved Sam's heartbreak and Dean's helpless concern and I really loved Sam's blind faith that John would know what to do. Despite his troubled relationship with John he still held a childlike belief that his dad could make things better. (Like his faith that John...'Dad'll know what to do'...would find an answer in IMTOD.)

And I'm really looking forward to the drama coming up.
friendly chapter 2 . 8/31/2007
great job... that was really good..
LadyVic chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
That was amazing. You did an incredible job with the emotions. They were raw, and real, and very much in character. This part brought tears to my eyss:

"They sat in silence for several minutes and all Sam could hear was the rapid thrumming of the blood in his ears, and his heart pounding in his chest. The pounding rhythm was taunting him, the beat that no longer sounded within Jessica’s chest."

You've captured grief and presented it to us eloquently. I know I'm raving. It was that good.
TammiTam chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Your writing in this is absolutely superb. You tend to add just enough detail to give great imagery, but not too much to lose the reader. The story is unique, and intriguing. I can't wait for more, for you seem to have captured the brother's interactions wonderfully. Awesome job!
Spellb0und chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
YAY! I always wanted to know what went on during that time in-between. Oh, I am so glad you picked this prompt! I cannot wait to read the rest. Poor Sam, all bottled up and hurty like that.
jensenfan4ever chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
great start!
BreakingSerenity chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
Hey SoP!

Great start to this fic! Im already lovin it heaps! )

Nice job describing Sam's feelings and emotions inside.

Very talented indeed xP
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
Always happy to see a message telling me that you have posted a new story.

Wonderful job on the descriptions of the brothers. Dean not knowing what to say, yet willing to initiate a chick flick moment at the motel.

I liked how Sam for a moment felt comfort in the Impala before the memories of Jessica overwhelmed him. Nice ending as Sam acknowledged that he knew Dean was there for him.

I also liked how you threw in the reference to the deleted scene - Dean's watch stopped so he came back to check on Sam, though I've also liked thinking that Dean just knew his little brother was in trouble.

Did see you chose to go with the four year version vs Kripke's two years at Stanford.

Enjoyed your first chapter.

Thanks for sharing a new story with us.

Take care.
Ada C. Eliana chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
I like it so far, there aren't many fics like this out there.

I just have one thing to comment about though. You wrote that Sam and Dean hadn't seen each other in four years, but it was actually three. In the pilot, Sam was in the beginning of his senior year, he hadn't graduated yet.

Anyway, good work!
JJ Phoenix chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
I'm with the reviewer who said that post-pilot fics are her favorite - mine too! I can't get enough of 'em. Keep it up!