Reviews for Where I Belong
The Friendly Cannibal chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
This is amazing! I truly admire the way you use the whole game plot to build and harness emotion. Really. Congratulate yourself for this achievement. If I had written this, my mother would cry.
KoolKat SuperStar DareDevil chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
I hate the MD endings they always make me tear up. :'(
rioluaura chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Waaaaaaaahhhh! Well written and sad.
pkmnfan11 chapter 1 . 12/25/2011
This story was so sad, I loved it.
Thoughtless7 chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
*cries* Sniffle...so sad! But great one-shot!
Damned Lolita chapter 1 . 4/15/2008
I cried during this.

I was sobbing in the end of mine, because I actually named my Charmander partner after my BF... so it was like leaving him again. And it was HEARTBREAKING.

Anyways, this is a really good short story, and quite detailed, very true to the game. Lovely job!
A Handful of Words chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
It's kind of odd that as I'm listening to this, I'm also listening to Utada Hikaru "Be my Last".

T_T The song kind of fits the mood, this was a good one shot!

Nice job!
Ms. Ely Sium chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Oh my... This is so sad!
Nightsnake chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
That was so sad :) Very nicely written.

-Nightsnake
Scarlet Pikachu chapter 1 . 9/22/2007
*Bawls* Loved it! It was soo sad! I choose the same characters and genders also! I've watched the ending over 5 times! And every flipping time I cry. This fic also made me cry! 10/10 'cause you rock!
Leper Gnome chapter 1 . 9/14/2007
Beautiful... just... Wow. I can't think of anything better to say.
Kitty Otaku chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Aw, no! I liked it! Don't feel bad! Besides, if it gets your juices flowing with creative energy, then you'll be able to write more! *nudges in ribs...gets BBQ sauce on elbow* So, just keep working. *laughs* and here, have a truckload of candy! Pick out our favorite candy, and I'll send an entire truck of nice, yummy *insert favorite candy here*s. So get working!
MadeUpFigment chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
I loved this, so emotional.

I saw the ending twice, and cried twice. It was the saddest ending to a kids game I have ever seen (well, until they let you stay anyway).

I love how you made Pikachu and Cyndaquil fall in love, or just Pikachu. Though I'm a bit disapointed by the lack of names.

I noticed that in the game it did seem like your partner falls in love with you, kind of funny actully. Too bad the friendship kind of dies after the man story plot. There I go, rambling again.

Anyway, good story!

-A crappy reviewer
Shiguya Retomasi chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
One thing must be said before my actual review...I cried. It wasn't just the obvious angst of being torn away suddenly from another you've grown so close to, it was the way you wrote it. It felt like...you didn't just write this to make a quiet comment on a game's ending...it felt like I was there...like the Pikachu in question was telling me these things, pouring her heart out to a passing stranger.

Anyway, enough of that sappiness. In all honesty, I only read this because it has the same title as something I wrote (yes, I'm shallow that way), but I'm glad for it. This story...it proves that no matter how sappy the game felt, or how tacked on the 'you can stay anyway' ending felt, that a true gem can still come out of that coal pit. I'm...speechless as to what else can be said; mindless praise is tasteless, there were no major errors to point out, and the overall story...was great.
kiaronna chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
This reminds me SO much of my own game's parting! I almost cried when I left, it was so sweet and cruel... Although I picked different pokemon. WAH! This is awesome, and I LOVE it!