Reviews for Son of Laius
Don'tMessWithAFangirl chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Great story! I loved the concept and the writing was also very well-done. I really enjoyed reading that. :)
The Crushinator chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
This is one of the best insights to Kyouya's character that I've read so far. It's wonderful to see a character piece in this relationship-obsessed fandom (and Kyouya is one of my favorites).
AccountInvisible chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
Awesome;)
Shu of the Wind chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
Wow. You don't see too many in-depth looks of Kyouya's character. Kudos.

You not only managed to keep all the characters in character (which, to me, is very, very important - except, of course, for Purposes of Humor) but you portrayed Kyouya's relationship with his father without making it too angsty or abusive. Very, very good. Congrats.
Shirakawa Myself chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
I really like this; although there are many fics from Kyouya's point of view, this is quite original in the sense f him being quietly appreciative of Tamaki's influence. Also, it's nice to take a few more steps into Kyouya's family life, which really adds character depth, I think.

A very good job indeed ]
HimeHeenim chapter 1 . 5/15/2008
This was a wonderful retrospection on Kyouya's character.I love the friendship tinge that you wrote.

Oh,and would it be out of character for you to possibly write a KyouyaRenge fic? I find it interesting to see Kyouya having the prospect of being in love (although not with Haruhi because Haruhi is strictly for Tamaki in my personal eyes XD)

A job well done! I'll be running to read your other fics~
lu.e3 chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
That was very interesting. I have never considered this before. You explain/portray Kyouya's relationship with his parents/Tamaki very well and it makes good sense. I can't believe how meticulous you have been in exploring their characters so deeply. It was great and very different to anything I've read in the OHSHC fandom.

Cheers,

lu.e3
To think To link To sing chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
How you managed to show his craving for psychological independence from his father by inserting the thought into the minute details, such as Kyouya altering the shape of his glasses, was quite interesting. The use of quite sophisticated language was interesting.

The chronological ordering, combined with the subtle differences in your descriptions were superb-every detail seemed 'foggy', amorphous, and then as time passed, slowly nearing the present, the details grew clearer.

This story would be one of my favorites.
Kirah Ruth chapter 1 . 10/17/2007
I've kicked my twin out of the review because we get far too silly when both of us are around, but that means this needs to be short (I give her five minutes to figure me out, as a high estimate). Anyways, I love that it's written from Kyouya's point of view; I haven't read many things like that, and while I almost need a dictionary to understand it, I love it none the less. In particular, I love it because it involves Kyouya and Tamaki in a form that isn't yaoi (I have nothing against yaoi, but...). Their relationship is one of the most interesting in the show, and one of the most understated.

I think Ruth figured out I was trying to get her to go away. Bye now.
Goddess Evie chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
Your delving into Kyouya's psyche is so spot on! I don't think I could write a good Kyouya. He's so comnplex! But you capture him so well, deepening his character while staying true to Kyouya! I love these explorative kinds of pieces, and you handled this one well. Great job!
Riana1 chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
I haven't the manga but anime!Yoshio struck me as a dyed in the wool wanker.

Lovely story by the way- Super Kuma-chan was priceless.
Erilin-chan chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
Its really good, love it!

I like it all, especially the way you described kyouya and his father's relationship, and also tamaki and kyouya. Really good!

Well done!
ChocoboBebop chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
This was well worth reading. I've been denying myself of rampaging around for a while and this was just the thing to get me back.
Evenstar Phoenix chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
I have been wondering for the longest time what the relationship between Kyoya and his mother is like, or if there even is one. I always thought the relationship betwen Kyoya his father was more akin to that of Alexander the great and Philp of Macedonia, as opposed to anything Oedipal. I guess that's why the title kinnda weirded me out a little. It was a nice look into Kyoya's thoughts and what influenced him. All in all, well done.
ice illuser chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
this really was pretty unique. but i don't get what kyoya wants to be now. good fic!