Reviews for Our Waltz
The Crushinator chapter 1 . 2/16/2011
Lovely and subtle. Before I read this, I was certainly a Kyoya/Tamaki and Haruhi/Tamaki shipper, but now because of this wonderful symbiosis you've written I've got a new ot3 that eclipses my old preferences. Bravo.
RandomDream chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Confusing at first, but still tastefully done. I am new to Ouran fanfics, so I am glad that I'm reading good things to start with.

It's encouraging.

Thanks!
terrorofthehighway chapter 1 . 12/23/2008
Small mistakes:

1) "made up them while sipping Ootori merlot"- should be "made of them".

2) "should they say anything the Suou have something to fear from him should they object." - this sentence doesn't make sense no matter how it is read.

Otherwise, it is very well written, although more could be expanded on why Tamaki got kicked out and what he is doing.
missbrownie chapter 1 . 9/17/2007
Hmm... I was sorta confused at parts, but all in all... this was a pretty good piece of work. I liked how you illustrated all 3 characters. Thanks for sharing!
Lady Silverhawk chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Nice. _
Goddess Evie chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
YEA! Why should Haruhi have to choose between Tamaki and Haruhi? Why can't she just have them both? Another excellent story, well written while staying true to each character. I love the theme you used of the waltz, it worked so well. I just love your little Ouran one-shots. I always get so giddy when I see the notices for them in my inbox! Thanks for another great one!
Riana1 chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
I love how you framed the triad- how for each of their own reasons it falls apart without the other one there.

Not many writers get that about OT3.

Tamaki took all semblance of moderation and buried it under sentences so long and shining that one might have to wade through the combined word count of a dozen Russian novelists before finding it again./

This is the most brillant word picture I have come across today.
EpsilonZero chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
You completely nailed it! All of them are characterized perfect, all of the hints about what they did after school are in line with canon-Kyouya beating his father, Tamaki being rejected, ect. The explanation of the KyouyaxHaruhi section fits them and makes sense, which is where I see a lot of writers stumble. I love the waltz metaphor, and the shifting perspectives do a great job of showing all the different facets of the relationship without becoming confusing or leave gaping holes. It has a sort of unity despite the constant POV shift, and it even has a sort of ebb and flow to it, like the dance that you compare it to.

Oh, and I love how Kyouya shields Tamaki with the "gatekeeper" position. Very clever, and very believable.

I guess I love this because if feels like Ouran. It feels like this could conceivably happen later in the series, not only because you keep your facts straight, but because it keeps with the general theme of "unconventional roads to happiness" that is at the center of Ouran.

Great job, defintely the best KyouxTamaxHaru I've read so far. _ 10/10
Just A Reader chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
I loved your understanding of the characters themselves & the relationships which form between them.
Evenstar Phoenix chapter 1 . 8/22/2007
I'm not sure how well I like this "pairing"; I strictly ship cannon couples. You justified their relationship though so I guess it was more acceptable. Very well written.