Reviews for Dead Like Us
TheBeanButCallMeBee chapter 8 . 10/15/2012
Wonderful!
TangerineTea chapter 8 . 1/28/2011
Maybe it's just the awful weather and the stressful week I've had, but I teared up a little at the end. You captured Allen's boundless empathy and frustration at his powerlessness to keep Leo from dying perfectly, not to mention John's devastated but resilient naivete. "Mr. Angel"...children understand some things so much deeper than adults do. John knows that an angel doesn't have to believe in Heaven, or belong to a god. I love the little added details faintly reminiscent of canon, too, like Lenalee being a fast runner. All in all, this is one of the most promising AU fics I've seen in a while-you've set up a coherent scenario in which all the characters react reasonably and believably to their surroundings, laid out the foundation for major character development in Allen, reinterpreted the characters in a way that recreated them and yet kept them in essence true to canon, fleshed out their relationships...if I had one tiny complaint, it would be that there hasn't been much Lenalee in your story. Even when she is there, her personality seems to get easily overshadowed by the more flamboyant characters around her, which unfortunately seems to be a recurring problem for her in fanfiction.

All in all, wonderful job! I'm sorry to see that you haven't updated this story in years. I hope you haven't decided to discontinue it wholly.
CallMeAWota chapter 8 . 1/5/2011
NEXT CHAPTER PLEASE? INSTANTLY "FELL IN LOVE WITH IT" (ish..? XD) AFTER READING IT TOWARDS CHAPTER 4! Allen dying by a dinosaur is hilarious though. XD And still brooding over it after a few days (or weeks, or months.. or more)

FAVED!
Seinakyou chapter 3 . 8/3/2010
So your story rocks so far, but reading this, I was suddenly struck rather hard over the head with an epiphany.

Is it just me, or does Timcampy look like a Golden Snitch?

Oh well. Like I said, great story. And a rather new idea, at least for this fandom :D

Keep writing!

Seina
TeenageNeko chapter 8 . 5/26/2010
DUDE! You have to fnish this! Its so freakin' awesome!

I saw the date you last updated and exclaimed, "WHAT THE HELL!" Please update sooN!
Soulfightersu chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
Ha, Allen seems pretty fixated on the the fact that his COD was death-by-dinosaur. I think you're doing very well with the humour, and (for this chapter at least) you've avoided using american slang with Allen's speech. (I'm sorry, it's a pet peeve for me that british characters are written using non-british slang or whatever words beyond neccessary speech. It's a british thing ;)
MitarashiiDango chapter 8 . 3/19/2009
Wah, allen did his first reaping.

Wow, mr. angel sounds really really cool

you ARE going to update this right?

...

right?
Allen-Is-Mine chapter 8 . 12/23/2008
*sobs* I love this story!

and I absolutely LOVE the fact that a dinosaur killed Allen!XD its so ironic!XD
Hidari chapter 8 . 12/19/2008
Wow! This is really really good. Original too. I mean the concept of Shinigami has been done before but the way you do it is so intriguing. Looking forward to more.
Arynus chapter 8 . 8/11/2008
::Just read all current eight chapters sequentially::

Mon ami, that's deep. I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes at some of the things Allen said and thought - particularly at the 'angel' scene. They are almost like angels, in a way, I guess. [-]

I can really envision the scenery and characters from the detail put into this, plus that bit of reader's imagination really adds to the effect. And Lavi's character in this is priceless! Plenty of scenes where I had to stop and just laugh. Keep up the great work; hope to see more chapters of this soon. [:D]
Estrella85 chapter 8 . 7/12/2008
I've only seen one episode of Dead Like Me, but I think you placed all the characters well. _ Very well writte, I hope to see more soon!
DarkDragonRhapsody chapter 8 . 6/16/2008
Wow amazing and beautiful story! You're one talented writer that's for sure XD
Timcanpy chapter 8 . 4/24/2008
that's a sad story... but i didn't cry though. poor John...
Taking Up More Server Space chapter 8 . 4/24/2008
Amazing, I love how your writing flows. Great sense o' humor you got there, I love the wit( you don't get much o' that now a' days). You keep the characters at a steady emotional pattern, fitting to the current medium; you keep them in character in a less animeish way, you splay their emotions out in a very even and human manner throughout the series(or so far it has gone). You also seem to be tying all of the original characters(or nearly) into the story, AU to the max! :P

YAY! Not a cliff hanger! xD

Keep up the awesomeness! Please, update soon!

'till then,

AKFGdork

PS - I've been readin' your fan fics for a while, though, I haven't been able to comment 'till now... Sorry.
Thieving Fox chapter 8 . 4/10/2008
ah it's gunna make me cry! *wants to hug John*

great chapter! keep up your amazing writing!