Reviews for Dreamgirl
RoseQuartz1 chapter 1 . 2/14
Wow, this is actually really good. :D Like, really good. X) People should write more about background characters. They can have very interesting perspectives on events happening to the protagonists. I like this characterization of Dean. :)
Lag111 chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
I love this story. Nightwish is so amazing and I agree with you about the music in America. I am so happy that you wrote about them. It's us so cool! I fan-girled!
SpunSilk chapter 1 . 7/26/2013
Ho, ho now! That was fun.

Is this what it looks like from inside a guy's head to fall for someone? Fascinating. I feel like I've been given a de-coder ring, to better understand the grand mystery that is the male mind. A little peek, at the very least.
Gals' minds work differently.

Well written, good detail, very nice weaving in the music to the story – like a thread through a tapestry; unifying, accentuating, improving.

My favorite lines:
"But you're not even playing anything," Neville went on.

"That's not the point."

"Then what is the point, mate?" Ron's brow furrowed.
Priceless!
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 1 . 3/19/2011
Sweet!

You seem to have a talent for bringing JKR's minor characters to life. This seems a lot more believable than her story where Ginny plots to make Harry notice her and get jealous over her by her having a fling with every boy in his dorm and the DA, except her brothers.
Twisted Identity chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
This is adorable. I really enjoyed reading it. I thought it was hilarious when Neville and Ron during the air guitar part thought they looked like idiots.I guess they would from an outsiders point of view. Thanks for recommending it.
glistening moon chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
Woo! go nightwish!

high five to another nightwish fan! i know what you mean about nightwish being outside the main sort of genre for music on the radio and stuff, it's the same here in australia, it's good to know other people like nightwish, not just me.

also, good story, i like Dean, he is cool.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Aw ... I loved it, I do not speak English, and taking into account that fanfics are declining in Spanish, I began to read them here, and do not regret because I found yours *.* You must feel proud, I don't usually review in another language other than mine, but I had to, you deserve it.

Yes, google translate help me :B
Folaan chapter 1 . 7/17/2009
I hate sonfics with a vengeance and though there's an awful lot of mingling lyrics and background, as sonfics are wont to do, you managed to make a decent job out of it. Made me read it till the very end, well done.
violettay chapter 1 . 6/26/2009
Wow, I really did like this story. I think it was great that you based it off of a great song. Plus, Dean and Ginny are a cute couple anyways. I liked how you portrayed them. Dean being all shy is so cute, lol.

Also, I agree with your author note at the end. Music is America sucks a bit. I am American, and I can't stand the radio because it's always rap garbage and whatnot.
Jazzcat chapter 1 . 3/13/2009
*laughs*

So I was scanning your list of stories and, rather randomly, I picked this one. I'm glad I did.

This was a great piece. I have a deep appreciation for classic rock - Yes, Boston, America, Kansas, Led Zeppelin, and more. Nightwish, however... I need to brush up on them. Anyway, I thought your literary tribute to rock 'n roll was very fitting and very beautiful - and very, very well done.

I love how you described playing air guitar from the eyes of an outsider via Ginny: "It looks like you're having a fit."

Isn't it funny how music can become torture? There really is a soundtrack to life. I love how you brought that into play here.

This story was chock full of endearing details, such as Dean's mental remark about counting the freckles on Ginny's face.

Beautifully done!

Jazzcat
AddictedToPotterAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
I liked this one, it was cute! I'm beginning to like Dean more and more btw. Listened to "Ever Dream" while I read the story and it fit well.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot chapter 1 . 6/16/2008
*small voice* . . . I kinda like American Idol . . . :-\

That said . . . there was just so much I bloody loved about this piece. Zeppelin, the very appropriate use of the song, how much Dean's attraction to Ginny was kind of like how Harry figured out that she was the girl of his dreams.

Your love for Nightwish is . . . um . . . obvious. Now I'm curious to check them out myself.

Once again, you show your skill and adeptness with characterization and dialogue. This story is humorous, romantic, and very much told in a "boy's" voice. It never got fluffy, and, unlike several songfics that I've come across, the use of the lyrics was tres appropro. Kind of reminded me of that Wayne's World scene with Garth daydreaming about the hot chick to Hendrix's Foxy Lady. Which explains why I had a big damn grin on my face!

Excellent work here!
5redroses chapter 1 . 5/26/2008
Ah, the cheesy romance of it all :) It just occurred to me- isn't it ironic how both Harry and Ginny's exes found comfort in each other's arms? Nice story, loved the air guitar bit, I can totally imagine Ron reacting like that, just like he did with Dean's football poster.
Visible chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Not just good, but a wonderful story. I always did have a thing for Dean/Ginny and you wrote it more interesting that JKR ever could. She wasn't too great on the whole Ginny characterization thing. But you've got them all planned out. It was a great story with some pretty good motifs. Great job and keep up the wonderful writing!

-Lylian
btyrhrtout chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
I'm not familiar with Nightwish (Led Zep, of course, is another story), but I'm glad they helped Dean out a bit.

Very nice story, I'm looking forward to reading more.