Reviews for Because
emeralddarkness chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
Very, very nice little songfic and an excellent capture in time. I think you got the characters very, very well. Very nice job.
Gamekatt101 chapter 1 . 4/23/2008
Beautiful; just beautiful.

The song flowed seamlessly with the story, and how you cut off that one sentence?

Really gives a meaningful impact to the lyrics following afterwords.

Its funny; I can almost hear the song playing in my head, like Yugi is singing it or something, yet I've never heard it before. Strange.

Katt
limonade chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Oh, shit. You made me cry. T.T

This hurt so bad, but in a good way... oh, it's so bittersweet, my HEART, omg, it BROKE. *points to shards of broken heart on floor*

This is so amazing. You should be very proud of this fic.
Shiraume chapter 1 . 11/24/2007
You know, the ending always made me wonder about how each of them REALLY felt about the decision. Undeniably, it would have been somewhat...cruel to have them go on as they were, but still. T_T This fic captures a lovely moment. Great job!
MyAibou chapter 1 . 10/8/2007
WOW. Very poignant. And so very true to what they both must have been feeling in those last moments.

This line is wonderful: "Without a single ill intention, Yuugi knows Yami is holding him back, an older, wiser self always willing to offer up advice when needed. But Yuugi needs to find his own way, and he cannot do that with Yami always there."

YES. This is why this was the only way the series could have ended. A friend of mine who is an author was talking with me once about the death of Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars, and how Alec Guinness was really mad about bit, but my author friend said as a writer, he knew it HAD to be that way. The mentor MUST pass on in order for the hero to truly become himself. It's interesting that in YGO, this only happens at the end of the story, since the journey is for the mentor as well as the hero (and that isn't really their roles anyway), but it's also interesting that in VO at the end, Yugi talks about how this is the BEGINNING of his story.

Well done.
Isis the Sphinx chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
*cries* Now only if they had done it like this. So gracefully written. Great job. Keep writing!
Jenivi7 chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
*small sigh* that was beautiful, and sad, and awesome. and *sniffle* very sweet!
olesia.love chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
... you're good at this Yami/Yuugi introspective character development.

The song lyrics don't seem to add anything substantial to the story.

I do like how you left Yami's end open-ended by cutting it off, and his fears about not being able to reach the afterlife without a body is something I've not yet encountered in 'fic', but probably would have been a big internal anguish for the pharaoh.