Reviews for Pressed Into Service
GirlNextDoor chapter 5 . 11/27/2007
Wow. I think you're a really great writer. And you definitely know the characters. You write Sam well, sure, but this has got to be the BEST Dean I've ever read. Great, great job - it's easy to see how you have 161 reviews for only 6 chapters.
kwater chapter 6 . 10/1/2007
So glad I read this in one shot. You really helped to make the season three countdown go a bit faster. Great story and as always thanks for the read - K
kwater chapter 5 . 10/1/2007
but it was everything that Dean had thought and felt since making the deal. Sam had his whole life ahead of him now and Dean wouldn’t see any of it. The demon was gonna come back and kill him and that would be that. - I love Dean's justification and as a mom I can completely agree. The best, in my opinion, point that you make in this story is that the only regret Dean has is leaving Sam... Really nice job and I look forward to the wrap up.
kwater chapter 4 . 10/1/2007
Given the chance the overgrown gorilla would simply overpower him. - Can I say HA! love that. Also, Santa flipping you off,just a terrific image - K
kwater chapter 3 . 10/1/2007
Okay no quote this time, I'm still simply too appreciative that she had the guy made into a diamond...lol. nice to know I can wear the old hubby on my finger if I so choose...lol - K
kwater chapter 2 . 10/1/2007
Sam shook his head and he got that scrunched up I’m-trying-to-pass-a-stone look he wore when he was feeling guilty. - LOL, I had to pick a quote, and chose this one, it was a near thing however cause. "Just our semi-annual, Sam Gets Possessed Weekend Jamboree.” is also a classic...lol. Moving on. - K
kwater chapter 1 . 10/1/2007
“I think we’ve established that I wasn’t listening,” Dean snapped.

So very Dean, great line and great beginning. - K
heather03nmg chapter 6 . 9/28/2007
This was my absolute favorite chapter. Angsty, fluffy, goodness just makes my heart all warm and happy.

Lots of favorites in this chapter.

Made me laugh,

“Cause if this ever happens again, those eyes of yours better be pink and it better be the freaking Easter Bunny come to visit. You got me?” Dean nodded for emphasis and then winced. His head didn’t seem to be doing him any more favors than Sam’s.

“Got it. Fictional figures only,” Sam said.

“Fictional figures easily turned into stew,” Dean corrected.

More giggles,

“At least I didn’t shoot you again,” Sam said.

Dean laughed and did his best to hide that the movement had jostled his ribs. “Where does a decorative tray rate on the points scale? Below a shooting, but above general taunting, I guess.”

Best snark,

“At least I didn’t shoot you again,” Sam said.

Favorite scene of the story,

Sam gave a short huff of laughter, then stood, pulled the comforter off his bed and limped toward the other bed to drape it over Dean. His brother didn’t even realize it was there, but that was all right. Dean was a shield to everyone around him whether they were aware of it or not. Sam at least knew enough to appreciate it. A blanket to keep the cold away was a small thing to give in return.

Love overprotective Sammy and determination to save his brother.

Amazing story! Sorry I didn't review later but work has been stealing all my free time away.

Double batch of cookies for you!
heather03nmg chapter 5 . 9/28/2007
Aww this was the angsty chapter. Loved the parallels between Dean's life and the soldiers. You're breaking my heart over here.

My favorite scene,

“You’re kidding, right?” she asked doubtfully. “You’re barely conscious.”

“Places to go, possessed brothers to save,” he said, annoyed at his own slightly slurred speech. “Just the usual.” He stumbled toward the front door, ignoring his pounding head and the blood he could feel trickling down the side of his neck.

“I don’t know what this was, but… thank you,” he heard her say. “I think.”

“Save it,” Dean replied. “Just… do me a favor.”

“What?”

Dean turned back and gave her the full benefit of his patented smile. “I’m about to steal your car. I’d appreciate it if you could wait ten minutes before you call the cops.”

Yummy, hurt Dean...I'd let him steal my car too!
heather03nmg chapter 4 . 9/28/2007
My favorite chapter of course. I appreciate that you beat Dean over the head with a decorative tray two times. You're too good to me!

Loved this scene,

Dean put his hand to his head and hissed. “You hit me with the tray.”

“Sorry,” Sam said simply.

“Dude, who uses a tray? I mean honestly?”

Poor Dean, never even saw that second hit coming. You're awesome!

Snickerdoodles for you!
heather03nmg chapter 3 . 9/28/2007
You have some creative ideas when it comes to disposing of human remains, very clever actually.

This is awesome, love this lady!

“I saw an advertisement in a magazine one time for a service where they take your ashes and make them into a diamond.” Mrs. Conrad held out her hand so that they could both see the ring she was wearing, the one with the big diamond Dean had noticed earlier.

“You…” Dean blinked, staring at the ring.

The woman laughed humorlessly. “I bought Brian a stone. Pretty, don’t you think?”

You amaze me!
heather03nmg chapter 2 . 9/28/2007
Another awesome chapter. Love Winchester fights...two hot boys fighting, maybe shirtless, getting all sweaty...wait what was I doing again.

Back to the review. My favorite scene,

“You ok?” Sam asked quietly.

“I’ll make it. You?” Dean asked in return.

“Headache.” Sam felt his neck as if it were sore. “You knock me out?”

“Shoulda seen it,” Dean half-grinned. “You were flinging yourself around so much, I had to latch on like a spider monkey.”

*Giggles* A spider monkey, the mental image I have right now.
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 9/28/2007
*Hangs head in shame*

Here I am reviewing the story, better late than never, right...umm right?

Loved the chapter, Dean getting yelled at on a cave tour makes me laugh.

Loved this scene,

“The elevator,” she said, though she was frowning at his tone.

“There’s an elevator?” Dean said in disbelief. They were more than an hour into the tour and deep inside the cave.

“I told you at the beginning of the tour-”

“I think we’ve established that I wasn’t listening,” Dean snapped.

Great job!
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 6 . 9/13/2007
Oh, I really loved this story. Fantastic Dean and Sammy whumpage and hurt. LOVE it. Thank you for sharing.
Karialena chapter 3 . 9/11/2007
OH! That is just so wrong...and so funny. Revenge is best served cold and Brian is now ice, LOL. Sorry, couldn't help myself. I can't wait to see how you get our boys out of this one. And how poor Dean will cope with Sam/Brian without resorting to too much violence. My Boy definately is on the short end when it comes to causing Sammy pain, and we all enjoy the angst when Sammy doesn't quite 'feel' the same. (I know Dean, it's not Sammy, it's the demon of the week...really.) I love the humor you have added so far, keep up the good work. I'm waiting for the next installment.
192 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »