Reviews for Pressed Into Service
brighette chapter 6 . 9/5/2007
Ooh, I love a possessed Sam and him whumping up on Dean :) Great story, I loved Dean's empathy with the old soldier.
rholou chapter 6 . 9/2/2007
wow, yet another great story. i'm starting to think you're lying and that you do own them really. after that story kripke could at least let you borrow them for a while.
purehalo chapter 6 . 9/2/2007
Such a great ending to such a great story!

Once again you've managed to interlace the humour and angst with an awesome story!
inzane73 chapter 6 . 9/1/2007
I really liked how the boys thougths mirror each other in this chapter. It was a very nice touch.

I liked how you tied Dean's deal into this fic without beating us over the head with it. Thank you for that.

I love how your stories come across like an episode of the show. Not too long, not too short. (Not that I have anything against long epics or oneshots.)

Until your next story!

~Inzane
inzane73 chapter 5 . 8/31/2007
I love how you can combine humor and tension so well. The humor seems to make the tension more, well, tense. I also love the connection to the deal that Dean made, and Dean's insistance that Abel made the right choice, because that's how he feels about his own choice. You work through those AHBL issues all you want!

Some lines that I loved:

'Nothing like your trusty sawed-off shotgun sidekick to make you feel better when your trusty geek-boy sidekick had been possessed and run off on you.' Hee!

'“Are we talking in the grand scheme of things or more like… dinner plans?”' God, how I love snarky Dean! Season 3 needs more of snarky Dean!

'dying for the people you love… I can’t think of a more honorable death.' Oh, Dean! *sniff*

Still playing catch up with my fic alerts, but long weekend, yay!, I should be able to finish this weekend.

Catch you next chapter!

~Inzane
devonshire64 chapter 6 . 8/30/2007
i really liked this. i didnt get any alerts for it for some weird reason, i'm glad i found it. i love the way you have sam and dean thinking alot of the same things, even in the same words. this was just wonderful, and i loved everything you wrote about dean's deal. very, very nice.
Sashadragon chapter 6 . 8/30/2007
Great wrap to a wondeful story! Once again the brotherly banter is just spot on including some favorites-

"Cause if this ever happens again, those eyes of yours better be pink and it better be the freaking Easter Bunny come to visit. You got me?” Dean nodded for emphasis and then winced. His head didn’t seem to be doing him any more favors than Sam’s.

“Got it. Fictional figures only,” Sam said.

“Fictional figures easily turned into stew,” Dean corrected

Loved that just so Dean! as was this little gem-

"The cave was running a two for one sale,” Dean sighed. “Did I mention how much I don’t like this place?”

Perfect! and Sam filling Dean in on all the details he ignored while on the tour, loved Sam's comment on dean's system-

Dean shrugged. Only one shoulder, Sam noticed. “Why mess with a perfect system?”

“How’s that system working out for you?” He gestured toward Dean’s swollen cheek and eye

Yeah sam in full mother hen mode checking Dean for injuries knowing Dean would never admit to being hurt.

Loved the way the boys thought about each other both worried and how they mirrored each other when they saw the other smile, that they where going to get through another disaster

"Sam focused on the screen, ordering himself to concentrate on the task at hand. If he kept thinking about another day lost he’d have a breakdown in about two minutes flat. Dean first. Breakdown later."

I wonder where Sam gets that attitude from, it was great how you potrayed just what they are both prepared to do to protect the each other, you really get the characters, how they speak and you can imagine them thinking the way you write them! Brilliant look forward to your next story, by the way i really loved -

“At least I didn’t shoot you again,” Sam said.

Dean laughed and did his best to hide that the movement had jostled his ribs. “Where does a decorative tray rate on the points scale? Below a shooting, but above general taunting, I guess.”

Sam smiled and Dean was glad to see it. If Sam was smiling, then it was going to be ok. Sooner than some of the disasters they’d been through."

Like I said death by tray just so not Dean! thanks.
Stand In Girl chapter 6 . 8/30/2007
Very good! Great way to wrap it up, and an amazing concept, as always! Thanks for posting!
Savage Shade chapter 6 . 8/30/2007
You always wrap your stories up so nicely, with the boys' smart-assery and hysteriousness intact, no matter what. You write their banter and snark so well, I always look forward to the next story. Keep up the good writing.
Ditzyleo chapter 6 . 8/30/2007
Loved this story! Especially the banter between the boys- taht is what makes them them! Great plot, fab character moments and even better execution! Can't wait for your next story
Ash8 chapter 6 . 8/30/2007
Loved it! You definitely write the best banter - which, for me, keeps them true to their characters. Also loved the way you weaved in The Deal - it will plague them this season - it will be interesting to see how it's handled. Thanks for an entertaining read. Ash.
Hazgarn chapter 6 . 8/29/2007
This was a really good story. The last chapter was great. Hard to say exactly what made me like it so much, though the banter between the two brothers was excellent.
pandora jazz chapter 6 . 8/29/2007
Wonderful end to your story.

Dean may have been a mess, but he had his brother back.

Had to feel sorry for Sam as he tried to deal with knowing that he had been possessed again.

Can see Dean going to a barber and Sam a beautician, cute.

Liked how at the end, Sam went back to reasearching a way to save Dean after remembering the day.
Loki19 chapter 6 . 8/29/2007
As usual, great job! I'll have to check out some of your other stories now!
EagleGirl6 chapter 6 . 8/29/2007
Well, I loved how you ended it. The parallel thoughts were great, and you always sum up the angsty issues so succinctly.

You always come up with the best lines (on top of the fabulous story of course):

Dean was a shield to everyone around him whether they were aware of it or not.

I still wish you'd write a longer, more involved story, but I'll settle for these gems:) Thanks, you're the best!

Kelly