Reviews for He Handed Down A Death Sentence
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
What a well written, angst-filled, tragic story. You made this sound so believable. And while showing how scared and upset Mello is you kept him in character. I can see him blaming everyone but himself.

Good work with writing this in second person. It helps put the reader in the character's shoes. The saddest part has to be when Mello believes the disease will turn him into nothing.

The writing is beautiful. You managed to take such a dark subject and write it in such a lovely way. "But there's nothing, you can't remember half these people's names and damn it, there is no revenge for you." That's such a unique way to write that and it fits Mello's character perfectly.

You did a fantastic job with writing this story.
Star Jinin chapter 1 . 8/22/2008
I was shocked, SHOCKED that he would even tell Near...and even MORE shocked that Mello would even care. Hell, he knows in the mafia, he'll die anyway.

Aww...those words must mean a lot when it's coming from NEAR of all people.
saidtheirnevers chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
I always found fics about STDs to be the humor kind, but this really is kind of sad. Not "OMG-cry-your-eyes-out" sad, but sort of melancholy, because Mello gets so worked up about this whole business, and it's not what he ultimately dies of. Unless this is AU and off-storyline, and in that case, I don't find it sad at all. Serves him right for being young and naive. Like you said, he would've mocked and abused the person had it not been him, and I will take the time to mock him since he there's obviously no one in Death Note that will.
Keehl-River chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
TT_TT por Mello
ToNightIamgone chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
So beautiful, it made me wanna cry. I really love that it is in second person, it feels so special that way and your language is really great.I am also very thankful cause this gave me an idea to a little story of my own:)(Dont worry, I didntsteal your idea, its not even a death note story,I just wrote it in second person.)
Micuko chapter 1 . 10/31/2007
It's so good, I love it But it's sad (:
Shin-Ora chapter 1 . 10/11/2007
Oh my, I loved that. For some reason, I always saw Mello getting an STD. He was really the only one I could think would actually get it. Hmm. Anyway, I love the way you wrote it. I even enjoyed the POV, strange enough. Keep up the awesome work. I truly adored this.
Zamochit chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
very well written. it made me sad reading it... Mello is the best character to use in this situation, and it was very believable. congrats
chiisana-inori chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
(Sorry this is late!)

Well done! I was never much of a Mello fan, but this got me to really sympathize with him and understand his personality better. You tackled such a huge subject wonderfully with his reaction and eventual acceptance. Again, great job!

write25 chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
Beautiful and touching. I read about it in FFrants and had to check it out. You kept Mello in character, threw in a mention for Matt, and overall authored an effectively sad, real, story. Kudos for being one of the few talented writers in this place. ~Mariah
CenterCitizen chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
O, nicely done O.O

When I saw the description I was like, "HIV, wth? Is this some kinda crackfic?" but you suprised me!:) Mello having an STD is actually sadly beleivable...

You should write more chapters!
A Soggy Sandwich chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Lovely story. I liked it a whole lot C:

can't wait to read more, it would be interesting if Matt had contracted HIV from Mello. But that's just me because I am such an angst whore ;
klxzz chapter 1 . 8/24/2007's good... but it could be God... *shrugs*
klxzz chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
I SAY MAKE IT MULTI-CHAPTERED! IT'S GOD! I really like it, and so I will be checking when you update.
LawliPop chapter 1 . 8/23/2007
I love fics that deal with the nitty-gritty of real life. And the fact that you chose to write about a character having an STD is exceptionally unique.

There are not many people who would want to write or read about such a depressing and serious subject matter, but I for one love to see characters thrown into such real-life situations. It makes them seem more... relatable, somehow.

I was actually thinking of writing a story that contains one of the DN characters having a fatal illness (though I wasn't going to use an STD) and when I saw this I knew I had to read it, and I was so pleased to see that I'm not the only person who likes to throw the characters into these sad situations. '

This was really great. I like that you wrote it in second person but still managed to capture Mello's personality effortlessly through it. He was a great character to use in this type of scenario. Amazing job!