Reviews for Son Rise
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 2/27/2011
*sniff* That was sooooo beautiful! I'm just speechless...honestly...

I LOVE NARNIA!
The Owl's Pen chapter 1 . 3/27/2009
*sigh* That was PERFECT! Very very Edmund, and I love Kehl going from the formal "Your Majesty" to an annoyed "ED!" Once again, going in my favorites!
Aubrey chapter 1 . 11/25/2008
I thought for a moment it would be the white stag, and that would set off the ending. Great job, though!
Starsy Skye chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
Oh wow...*basks in the mental image of the Great Lion surrounded by the golden rays of the rising sun*

*chuckles* You gotta love Ed in the morning. :P And Kehl is great, too! *grin* Another lovely fic! It's great that it was Edmund who got to see Aslan, if only for a moment. :)

There's something wonderfully warm and secure about the words "my son" and "my daughter"...

Starsy Skye
Gracie chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
words won't work.
TastyAsItGets chapter 1 . 10/28/2007
Kehl's awesome! You've really captured the joy of Narnia here.
Galandria the Vampire Queen chapter 1 . 10/3/2007
aw...so sweet

Aslan calling back to Ed was very cute
Dearheart chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
Wow, this was just...wow. All four of these stories are so full of life and color and magic and beauty and joy...oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to write like that. TO MY FAVES! You've officially become one of my fanfiction idols! (Any tips you could give a baby writer like me?) :-)
Beth chapter 1 . 9/5/2007
This is the best, well made, PERFECT FANFIC THAT I HAVE EVER READ! I liked everything! Do not change a thing!
Andi Horton chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
Oh, this was a simply lovely close, both to the story itself and to the . . . quartet? Quadrology? All four of them, anyway! To end with Aslan's words, and Edmund's and Kehl's joy at seeing him; that was just perfect. As always your use of language is superbly fitted to the situation, and as I read it I felt there was a sort of radiance to it all, as if Aslan being there gave an air of celebration to the sunlight. Just divine!

Edmund's relationship with Kehl was fun as well, and as fun as the duialogue betweenthem was, I was even more drawn to the fact that Edmund is so close with a dog; the fact that he is friends with something so regularly regarded as a symbol of fidelity seemed especially fitting.

I did wonder about Kehl's lack of dignity; while his traits were all technically doglike, the way in which he manifested them seemed very puppyish rather than like a grown dog, especially a talking one. It wouldn't have struck me at all, actually, had his exchanges with Edmund near the start not given me the impression they had been friends for some time, suggesting he would most likely be an adult dog by now. I wonder if even clarifying his breed might explain some of his loquaciousness; a Pointer, perhaps, or Setter? Members of the gundog group tend to be slightly less laid-back than other breeds, and I can imagine them being more excitable and chatty than others. It was only a small thing, though, and certainly not enough to diminish my enjoyment of a lovely and fitting close to four truly well-written stories :)
lightsabermaster chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
That was amazing. Brilliantly done. Love the line about Kehl liking to think that he got Edmund, LOL! And Aslan walking into the sun... ooh the chills! Love it!

-LM
floppyearsthebunny chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Inspired Simply beatiful. These short one-shot fics have been great.
elecktrum chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
This was wonderful - lyrical and joyful and fulfilling all at once. It makes me want to be there in the story with Edmund and Kehl! Bravo Zulu!