Reviews for The Bittersweet Taste of Victory
Iheartbooks394 chapter 21 . 2/7
OMG Sally is Hermione's grandmother isnt she!?
Dragomir7 chapter 3 . 8/16/2015
Not sure if you're still around to look through reviews. I'll still post, though.

Perhaps it was due to the fact that I used to read this story in the late nights with the media player on, I have a very strong connection between this story and two particular pieces of music, from the OST soundtrack of the Chinese film "Hero". (See YouTube video codes 6Q6i41srJc8 and HMLVAUldN1g, or search for titles "Hero OST 5: Longing" and "Hero OST 8: Love In Distance").

The first tune is very melancholic, seemingly drawing the inner feelings of Hermione at the start of the story very aptly, as a victim of war who has seen her closest friends fall, the country descend into chaos and darkness, and being forced to exile herself whilst longing for love. Eventually, as she returns to confront her mortal enemy Voldemort, neither could resist the gradual but sure pull of attraction (first and second tunes) and she begins to doubt herself and her own identity, even when the emotional desires eventually triumphs logic and reasoning. Until they couldn't bear being separated from each other.

Admittedly, there are differences between this story and the film's plot: the film illustrates a pair of martial artists that met, challenged each other and fell in love during the warring period of Zhou Dynasty, and both believed that it was their mission to eliminate the powerful and invading Qin kingdom to secure peace for the land and for their love. A rift in their ideologies eventually doomed their mission and indirectly caused the man's death, but the lady couldn't bear to live in solitude and the guilt that caused their disagreement, and committed suicide beside her lover's body. The story doesn't have the looming of war during which love blossoms, but the feelings of solitude and attraction are tense and powerful enough to attract me, as well as enable me to make the connection with the music.

From a reader's point of view, I would really encourage you to listen to the music, perhaps even watch the relevant sections of the film to attune to the feeling of loneliness, longing and attraction that is so beautifully and sadly painted by the music. Lastly, I can't express my appreciation well enough for this story that has taken me on one turbulent journey of emotions. May your stories forever be beautiful and inspirational. _~

Dragomir7
Kim chapter 31 . 8/14/2015
I really liked this story. I found the plot very fascinating and unique. I was occasionally frustrated with LV's abuse of her and I wish she had gotten the upper hand more often, but overall it was excellent! Thanks for sharing such a great story. :)
DianneBaquiran chapter 31 . 5/10/2015
I totally fell in love with this story!
lexicon63738 chapter 31 . 4/15/2015
This is one of two of my very, very favorites (and I've read HUNDREDS of ff stories) I am so glad you've written this. I know its a story I will read numerous times
Suzie chapter 6 . 2/22/2015
I love your writing and these are some the best Tomiome fics I've come across. Just wanted to let you know that 'Legilimency' is the actual thing and to cast it you would have to say 'Legilimens', just for future reference.
Jehilia chapter 31 . 2/13/2015
Wonderful story ! Thanks a lot ;)
I loved the whole story, while a bit puzzled in the begining of her custody with the Dark Lord. But then... Well, quite a very good Tomione ! I read only about this shipping in HP universe so you know and I'm very difficult with ! Sometimes the story is good but the end is not as good and it taints it a bit. Often Hermione and Tom are totaly wrong in their behaviour, or the writting is very poor. Here, this is the most incredible and terrific ending I ever read. I was fond of "Tearing at the fabric" ending, but you took the crown out of it, good job !
I was completly baffled by the fact you're not a native english speaker as I believe I read in one of your notes. It's funny because I think you'll become one of my favorite fanfic author (I can't wait for reading the other stories you have in stock) and the other author whom I love the stories isn't a native english speaker either (Winterblume, btw). Perhaps it's because I'm not english either, dunno xD

Well, see you soon in another story !
Abbey Whitlock chapter 31 . 12/14/2014
god damn, that was interesting. I do feel like I missed how she fell in love between crucio's. Well written.
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 5 . 12/10/2014
I really like the humor coming from Voldemort, though morbid and dark it may be sometimes, it's still funny X)
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 4 . 12/10/2014
Well, oops.
Another awesome chapter!
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 3 . 12/10/2014
I hope she does what I'm thinking she will do! Another great chapter!
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 2 . 12/10/2014
Awesome chapter again! I enjoyed reading about the time when she stayed at the monastery. I love the phrase, "Love, truly and utterly is the Origin of Magic." It gave me goosebumps when they had that conversation.
o0SapphireMyst0o chapter 1 . 12/10/2014
Very good chapter and I love how Voldemort is in character. Very nice!
How910 chapter 1 . 11/28/2014
Wonderful, exactly how Lord Voldemort should be portrayed, in his godlike manner with people fearing his mere presence (only read 1st chapter)
Guest chapter 31 . 11/16/2014
This was such a great read. There were a few things that I was a bit unsure about. For example, I wasn't sure about the communication with the horcrux... But then it kinda grew on me. I also found some of what you wrote really confusing. But that might be because I read really quickly, so I was having to re-read certain parts to GET it. But all in all, it was really enjoyable. I'm glad you ended it like that... Happy yet with an ominous ambiguity. I hope you've written more with this pairing!