Reviews for The Bittersweet Taste of Victory
lakelady8425 chapter 31 . 2/20
Positively epic in scale and so well done. I binge-read this on AFF and enjoyed it thoroughly. Thank you.
HubrisBrutus chapter 31 . 1/20
I FUCKING LOVE THIS!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/3/2016
بہت خوب
SakuraYukino chapter 31 . 8/30/2016
️️️️️️️️
Neil chapter 2 . 8/21/2016
Nope, lost interest as soon as you introduced Yoda the wizard monk. Stupid.
Guest chapter 31 . 7/7/2016
Fantastic story,... damn crappy Epilogue. Its like.. no matter what happens they lived to have a 100 children... feels like total lack of imagination in Epilogue. Just like Epilogue in books/1000s other Harry Potter fanfics... and lived to multiply.

Also, you should put the Romance part somewhere in there... not simply Drama/Angst. (scrap one put in Romance)

Now... waiting for part 2... How will Hermione deal with darkness over next 1000 years? or maybe just 10. How did Riddle survive afterall?
WannaLove chapter 31 . 6/25/2016
I'm so glad people like you exist and write thos kind of fics for us, that was an amazing story you gave us and wow thank you you have so much imagination. This one is now one of my favs, for sure. Thank you so much for this!
Guest chapter 31 . 5/16/2016
I really enjoyed rereading you story! Thanks
Guest chapter 13 . 4/27/2016
*Giggles* So pretty much like the weasel bloodtraitors
then..multiplying non stop until you start to eradicate the problem...
Guest chapter 24 . 3/17/2016
*Sneer* And what was your filthy bloodtraitor parents excuse for giving birth to an whole nest of future bloodtraitors?..
Guest chapter 31 . 3/16/2016
What an fantastic story!, an mind-boggling epic of an saga, great job!.
LoveLifeForgetProblems chapter 30 . 2/14/2016
Lol I hate how ffn only allow one review per chapter but whatever. Sorry I forgot to ask if there'll be more for this story? I cannot express how much I loved this story, it was so interesting and the plot so intricate that I couldn't put this story down until I finished it at like 3 yesterday morning. Hence such a short review last night. But my goodness there are no words for this Tomione/Volmione story. And the ending? This last chapter it made me so happy yet I'm left with so many more questions? I mean this last chapter was a great ending but I'm just selfish and want to read more about these two. Oh and your other story the prisoner, I loved that as well! A good Tomione/Volmione is my guilty pleasure, I'm just so shocked at how little reviews these stories get because they're absolutely brilliant! I literally cannot ship Hermione with anyone else the way I ship these two. Tomione/Volmione just make sense to me. So thank you so much for writing these amazing stories, I really appreciate it as a Tomione shipper.
LoveLifeForgetProblems chapter 31 . 2/14/2016
That was just so great! Thanks!
Iheartbooks394 chapter 21 . 2/7/2016
OMG Sally is Hermione's grandmother isnt she!?
Dragomir7 chapter 3 . 8/16/2015
Not sure if you're still around to look through reviews. I'll still post, though.

Perhaps it was due to the fact that I used to read this story in the late nights with the media player on, I have a very strong connection between this story and two particular pieces of music, from the OST soundtrack of the Chinese film "Hero". (See YouTube video codes 6Q6i41srJc8 and HMLVAUldN1g, or search for titles "Hero OST 5: Longing" and "Hero OST 8: Love In Distance").

The first tune is very melancholic, seemingly drawing the inner feelings of Hermione at the start of the story very aptly, as a victim of war who has seen her closest friends fall, the country descend into chaos and darkness, and being forced to exile herself whilst longing for love. Eventually, as she returns to confront her mortal enemy Voldemort, neither could resist the gradual but sure pull of attraction (first and second tunes) and she begins to doubt herself and her own identity, even when the emotional desires eventually triumphs logic and reasoning. Until they couldn't bear being separated from each other.

Admittedly, there are differences between this story and the film's plot: the film illustrates a pair of martial artists that met, challenged each other and fell in love during the warring period of Zhou Dynasty, and both believed that it was their mission to eliminate the powerful and invading Qin kingdom to secure peace for the land and for their love. A rift in their ideologies eventually doomed their mission and indirectly caused the man's death, but the lady couldn't bear to live in solitude and the guilt that caused their disagreement, and committed suicide beside her lover's body. The story doesn't have the looming of war during which love blossoms, but the feelings of solitude and attraction are tense and powerful enough to attract me, as well as enable me to make the connection with the music.

From a reader's point of view, I would really encourage you to listen to the music, perhaps even watch the relevant sections of the film to attune to the feeling of loneliness, longing and attraction that is so beautifully and sadly painted by the music. Lastly, I can't express my appreciation well enough for this story that has taken me on one turbulent journey of emotions. May your stories forever be beautiful and inspirational. _~

Dragomir7