Reviews for Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
Elaine chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
wonderful.
darkdranzer chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
the begining part was a bit confusing, but overall i liked it. the troy was nice if a bit dark. eh~ poor lorne. liked the last part.
ShaViva chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Hi

I have no idea when you published this story - I stumbled across it today in someone else's favourites list. Anyway, just wanted to say that I enjoyed your portrayal of a Lorne troubled by his past ... it fit with how I at least see the character and felt right to me. Sad too of course but I always did wonder at the demons these people carry around and how they manage to deal with them so they can get on with the job. Not something they ever covered on the show! So ... great story.

Cheers.
Space1Traveler chapter 1 . 1/31/2008
I have been so use to reading about Sheppard that I was hooked before I realized it was about Loren. On the show, Loren seems to have very little personality. No arcs or plots in regards to himself; so this was an excllent character portrayal which I will use as backup for the show. It really fleshes him out. I enjoyed this so much, thank you.
JennK528 chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
Lovely. Very well done. I can so see Sheppard in that last scene - you really caught him.

Thanks for sharing.
Ammanalien chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Absolutely breathtaking... beautifully written. You got them both so well.

Lorne and painting and whump and Sheppard and angsting!

What more is there?

Thankyou...
Skates Hawkes chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Oh yes... This is what I've been craving for a few weeks now-a fic that explores both Lorne's mind and his relationship with Sheppard that just manages to suck me in and doesn't have me mentally correcting the author every few sentences.

So, first of all, thanks for the great read and well done for managing to transport me to another world (oh, I love that fly-on-the-wall-feeling. And I've missed it).

Secondly, I love how you 'preserve their [i.e. Sheppard and Lorne's] masculinity', so to speak. No heartfelt baring-of-souls, no ice-cream-tub-at-four-in-the-morning type of meetings... Because that just wouldn't be fitting, wouldn't tie in with what we've seen about the characters on the show. Sadly enough, a lot of writers miss that particular point... And so, stories like yours are a most welcome relief. :-)

Thirdly (talking in bullets tonight because my brain's mush) I like that... Ambivalence towards the end. It's unobtrusive and subtle-and yet manages to hit you like a sledge hammer.

And fourthly-Lorne!whump and exploring the psychological consequences, especially if they refer to a well-constructed original/own background are very high on my 'must read/love to read' list.

So once again, thanks a lot and well done. :-)