Reviews for A Test of Affection
I love this pairing so much, great story :) please write more
StreetlightsAndCityscapes chapter 7 . 3/1
I won't lie: That last threat sparked this review :P
Can I just say that I love how you write? The words you use and the way you use them is beautiful. I'm so jealous of your writing ability *Embarks on quest to write better*
Megiddo chapter 7 . 1/29/2014
I realize this review is late but PLEASE write more \o/
Loveeveryhetaliathing chapter 3 . 9/22/2013
Nanao just got escalated.
Loveeveryhetaliathing chapter 2 . 9/22/2013
I just thought of Spain from hetalia when I got to the part when Nanao chan is about to send the mysterious guy to soul society... Hahahaha I wonder why?
Ohhhh Nanao chan has an old flame!
hypershay chapter 7 . 4/24/2013
PLEASE CONTINUE
OMG ITS SO CUTE
HELP
I'M DYING
Kara chapter 7 . 2/4/2012
Sooooo cute plz make more
LunaBianca chapter 7 . 9/12/2011
Enjoyed this story - thank you!

I appreciate the conversation they had about perfection. The whole "nighttime garden" scene is well done.

And it's lovely that Nanao was moved to preserve the flower. I wonder what other romantic traits or gestures of hers you might uncover in other stories?

Thanks for a fun read. I'll check out some of your other work.
LunaBianca chapter 5 . 9/11/2011
Makes me want to wander through a Spanish village! What time period is the story set in? If this is when Nanao first became fukutaicho, wouldn't it be at least 100 years ago or more? I can't remember how long they've worked together...

In this chapter I like Shunsui a little more and Nanao a little less. ;) But it's good groundwork. I think the ways in which he ultimately changes her may be more outwardly visible because she is wound so tight. And, he's got several centuries on her. That kind of life experience shows.
LunaBianca chapter 4 . 9/11/2011
Steady character development this chapter. There's definitely chemistry coming though, but I appreciate they're not continually sniping at each other or insensible with ridiculous passion.

I'm really curious about Nanao's spiritual abilities.

And here's an opinion not related to the story per se. I find the author notes at the end more aggressive than clever. It makes sense to ask for reviews, but I'm a bit turned off when I feel bullied. I'd guess that most readers habitually review or don't review regardless of author commentary.

I'm enjoying this story, and will continue to review when I can. Thanks!
LunaBianca chapter 3 . 9/11/2011
I like how you jump right into the mystery of Nanao's past and mysterious eyes. The Andalusian setting is intriguing, too.

And Shunsui. Sigh. He's one of my favorite Bleach characters and you're doing him justice so far. Thanks!
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
This story is off to a good start with sharp characterizations and clean prose. I like seeing both Nanao's and Shunsui's thoughts.

Looking forward to the rest!
Tarocchi chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
I adore your Shun/Nanao trilogy. I think this is my third...fourth? time reading it. I can't even keep track. There are practically no multi-chaptered Shun/Nanao fics out there, but even if there were, I would keep coming back to this one as though it were canon. :)

Oh, and the line "His warm, tan hand closed around the hand which was not clutching the pen she was currently considering ramming into his eyeball" nearly did me in. It started out so pleasantly (who wouldn't like to imagine Kyouraku Taicho's warm, tan hand?) and then ended so hilariously jarringly. I definitely had to lol.
serienade chapter 7 . 3/13/2011
Ah…This story was amazing, even after I'd read it about four times. This story was the frusta Shunsui x Nanao fic that I had read (beforee setting up an account), and I loved it. I'm reading it again, months later, and I still love it. Who wouldn't?

This story was just so very well-written, and was the perfect mix of some action and adventure, drama, and romance. To me, anyways. I absolutely loved the whole plotline of the story itself, and also just how you made the story take place when Nanao had just started to act as Shunsui's lieutenant. A lot of other fanfics focus on when she's served him for, say, fifty years or more, so this was a refreshing change.

You wrote out Nanao's personality to the letter, and Shunsui's flamboyant, excitable nature as well. This story really felt like something that could have been included in the Turn Back the Pendulum arc (an arc that focuses on the past of Soul Society, the Vizard creation, etc.); it was just that in character. I don't think that doing so is that easy for any author to accomplish, but you pulled it off flawlessly, so amazing job.

I really wish that you could have went into detail on Nanao's romantic history more, as it seemed really interesting. Plus, it would be nice to just know more about her background, and why her heart has been so guarded through the years.

You did a magnificent job with this story, and it is still one of my favorite Shunsui x Nanao fics to come back to. Please, write more of them, you just have that amazing ability to make them act like they would in Bleach, but still give them that slight romantic edge. I repeat, great job.
AkaiMIko chapter 7 . 1/12/2011
Please write sth again it was so cool! Maybe some intimacy contact between them...PLEASE!