Reviews for No Other Way
kaleidoscope-dream chapter 1 . 4/14/2012
Definitely getting a darker undertone on the direction those feelings Itsuki has for Kyon could take, especially with the lines relating to the spider's web and Itsuki's own anger at Kyon's stubborn indecisiveness. This was a nice read, though! You delved into Itsuki's thoughts on the matters, how an attraction to Kyon could bud throughout his time spent in close proximity with him, and even his thoughts on Haruhi getting what she wants with the repeated 'there is no other way'. Good job with this and thanks for writing and sharing it here.
Robert Varulfur chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
As I said before I'm not really a fan of Itsuki/Kyon but even so this was an amzaing peice of work. You captured Itsuki's whole "tortured soul" personality which I've noticed is something very few can go well.

[In responce to your responce to my review]

Well I'm glad your down to earth enough to be humbled. Some people get a big head when they are good writers and dont really care anymore. And whats more, you've responded to every single one of my reivews so far. Thats amazing in itsself! I think your the first one to ever actually do that.

And sorry I'm taking so long to read all of your fics. Reading a two mangas online, the ninth book in the acutal Suzumiya series, and trying to write four fanfics all at the same time. Obviously I don't have enough time to read everything at once, but I promise I'll have all of your Suzumiya fics read in no time at all.
chibiaries chapter 1 . 6/29/2009
Wonderful style in this oneshot. It's always the perpetually smiling characters that are the most fun to write about. Great job.
D.M.P chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
A wonderful look into the conflicted mind behind the serene smile. I personally think that one-sided Itsuki/Kyon is quite canon (such a shame, because they'd be adorable together!) Great job!
Black-Rose23 chapter 1 . 12/31/2008
Very good. It's sad that Itsuki can never tell Kyon how he feels because of Haruhi's own infatuation, but I suppose that's life (for them anyway).
Oceans in Hand chapter 1 . 12/3/2008
I like it. Sorry I can't tell you specifically why, but I do )
yuen chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Excellent fic. Well-rounded, smoothly rising action, good believable character. I liked it. _
Tsumiyu-san chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
ahh, poor itsuki doesnt get kyon...*sad face*
kapslar chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
OMG. This was the angst-filled type of fic that I was thinking of when I first thought of the two of them as a pairing! Yes, yes~! Ohoho, Itsuki, how hard you have fallen onto the cold, wet ground that is your love!
Gingerbread Owl chapter 1 . 10/29/2007
Ah, there just aren't enough Itsuki x Kyon fics out there! This was darkly lovely
isnolongerhere chapter 1 . 9/23/2007

I really wish there was a more established fan base for this pairing...but I guess the fact that kyon/haruhi is basically a canon in the real anime/manga, I can't really hope for much.

I think you captured Itsuki well. He seems to be one of those types of people who are sugarly sweet on the outside but a little sinisstar on the inside. You write beautifully. Everything is very fluid and you switch from perspectives, flawlessly.

I hope you write more soon~ :3
Aphotic Bandit chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
Excellent, as usual.

One gripe, though. The internal dialogue towards the end is a little bit contrived as is, and I feel like it would work a little better if you broke it up a little. Itsuki's monologue builds strength and tension off of the fact that it's mixed with what's going on in the real world. The internal dialogue loses some of that, because it becomes too Itsuki-centric. You could probably punctuate it with little pieces of what's going on in the clubroom for more effect.
Faux Paws chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
Just when we thought was on a mediocre streak, here comes Esbee and Audley riding on their horses and ready to save the battle all Lord of the Rings style.

If you thought it was an exagerration, I'm dead serious. It was hard to write a contructive review that someone else didn't wrte already for the stories that were written these past few days.

Along with the Apples and Oranges story, this had to be the most un-"Itsuki wants Kyon" story I've read so far. Which is good since we don't know all that much about Itsuki yet, making you stay true to character. Your use of metaphors and viewpoints should be respected by the creator of the suzumiya series himself.

Esbee, with your beta Audley, it will be the Apocalypse before you get an idea that can't be turned into a work of art and genius.
The Unfathomable Sisters chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
Wow, this was really good. I particularly liked the metaphor about the spider web.
Audley chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
Still good. Sorry again that it took me so long. And a big sorry to all the readers! I beg your forgiveness for my laziness.