Reviews for The Poor of God
PersonifyThis chapter 17 . 2/26/2013
This is a beautiful well written, well thought out story. I almost like the entire thing more than cannon... I definitely like your "years later" epilogue more than cannon :D You have a fantastic way with words. The images you invoke are wondrously beautiful!
BumbleBeeLoved chapter 17 . 2/20/2013
I just finished Guiltless and The Poor of God and I can't stop crying. Reading the end of that story was something akin to finishing the end of Deathly Hallows for the first time, again, and realizing there is no more.
Jenny chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Well done! It's a testament to you as a writer that you can put Snape and Luna together and make it work. You really wrote the characters well and stayed true to them. This is the best fiction I've read in awhile. I think I like this ending better than the real one in some ways. I would have loved to see a bit more of Ginny though, and her relationship with Harry since she ends up with him. Thats just my personal thought, other people might totally disagree.
angeltrin1 chapter 17 . 2/9/2013
This story left me in a very pensive mood. I love that you keep Severus alive and that you paired him with Luna. That combination actually makes sense to me. Thank you for this thought provoking story.
animefreak728 chapter 17 . 2/9/2013
I loved reading this story. I myself thought the coupling of Luna and Severus was odd but it didn't take away the fun of the story. It was just odd for me because I always thought of him as the father figure of Harry and Luna. :)
Helena chapter 17 . 1/13/2013
I've read this story previously on An Archive of Our Own, and I loved it there.

Reading it a second time, it's like a balm for grievances, for old wounds.

You make me wish, desperately, that this was canon.

But alas, I will have to stick to the firm belief that you are a phenomenally gifted writer, and leave it at that.

Thanks for the healing power of your writing.

Ta,
H
zuperankie chapter 17 . 1/7/2013
No. Luna and Snape no no. I like them both very much, but married? No. Not at all actually. Apart from that, love this story!
zuperankie chapter 5 . 1/5/2013
OHMYGOD. I WAS FREAKING OUT WHEN HARRY SAID THAT VOLDEMORT KNEW SNAPE WAS A SPY. OHMYGOD. I CAN'T SLEEP ANYMORE OMG
lastcrazyhorn chapter 17 . 12/31/2012
Well, I was a bit surprised by the last pairing, but other than that, everything rolled along rather practically. Not to say that I didn't bawl my eyes out for most of the last chapter, but you know, most people don't like to admit to things like that. Especially not Slytherins (like me).
lastcrazyhorn chapter 14 . 12/31/2012
What does "Geas" mean? Can't find it in the dictionary.
lastcrazyhorn chapter 13 . 12/31/2012
Snape covers his face with one long, pale hand in an eloquent expression of exasperation.

I love it whenever Snape covers his face in such a manner. I shall have to endeavour to find a way to write it into one of my fics someday.
lastcrazyhorn chapter 11 . 12/31/2012
Harry continues to gaze at him, as though confused, until at last a sleepy smile pierces the haze. "You were concerned," he repeats, sounding slightly dazed. "That's...nice. It feels...nice..."

*sniffles loudly and hides face*
lastcrazyhorn chapter 6 . 12/31/2012
Makin' me cry, I swear.
Liv chapter 17 . 12/29/2012
Extremely good fic. Loved it. But...
*chokes* MARRIED? I've more just re-interpreted every moment where Snape is thinking about Luna as highly inappropriate for a teacher and his student. I thought he was just going to adopt her or something when her father died!
Endfall chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
Well. I have to say, this story was a damn sight better than canon. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
1,311 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »