Reviews for The Poor of God
Richard Bloome chapter 4 . 6/8/2012
Two things irritate me about this chapter- 1) is that Snape really should have chosen a better potion, even if he wasn't expecting anybody to get it he should have used some of that much flaunted commonsense and choose a potion with a better outcome to it, just in case; and 2) none of this (and none of a great deal that did happen to Harry) would have happened if Dumbledore would just keep his big nose out of Harry's life.

If that stupid old man had listened all those years ago Harry could have had a better life from the beginning, blood magic is illegal making blood wards just as wrong and how exactly did Lily supposedly make a connection to a house/sister that she wasn't around while she was focusing on protecting her child, I think it was more likely she was focusing only on Harry. There is also the fact that Voldemort carries Harry's blood so those celebrated wards aren't doing jackshit.

There is also the fact that if that prick (Dumbfuck) would stop manipulating his life things would have been better for him. He needs to understand that Harry's life is not for him to play God with; seriously what the hell was he thinking, hasn't he done enough damage to Harry already?

Yes, as you can tell I haven't got an ounce of kindness for Dumbledore I think he just as evil, and a great deal crueler, than Voldemort, at least he (Voldemort) doesn't try to portray himself as this great benevolent being while lying to your face (and a lie of omission is still a lie).

There is also the fact that Dumbledore condone child abuse; if he cared at all about Harry's well-being then he would have checked up on him when he was younger and he wouldn't have kept sending him there. The only way to read the situation is that he isn't upset about their behavior because he knowingly lets them get away with it.

I don't buy his story of being upset with their behavior, he knew (and admitted to knowing) that they weren't happy with the situation and that they didn't want Harry there; he may be upset that someone else found out about it but I don't think he personally cares at all what they do to him.

Sorry for the rant-like quality of the story; its not a 'rant' against you, just the characters (if that makes sense). If anything it show how well you just captured them because I have that same feeling about that old man in the movies and the books; I think he's a horrible human being who needs to stop treated people like pawns. So...kudos to you for writing him "in-character".

The story itself is well done and a compelling read, I can't wait to get to the rest of it; don't be surprised if I don't leave reviews on many chapters, I have a problem stopping long enough to do so (even now I'm itching to get to the next chapter) but it doesn't mean I don't like it or that I'm not enjoying it.
Angie chapter 17 . 5/27/2012
great writing, though snape's marriage is weird to say the least.i think it takes something away from the story.
HerGoldenHair chapter 12 . 5/15/2012
Oh my goodness, I love Luna so much now! And Snape... well, and Harry, although that usually goes without saying, but this is brilliant!
HerGoldenHair chapter 11 . 5/15/2012
Another, even more amazing chapter. In fact, basically I think my last review times 10 would be appropriate for this one. Hehe.
HerGoldenHair chapter 9 . 5/15/2012
I can't even express how much I love this story right now!
HerGoldenHair chapter 8 . 5/15/2012
Oh, my goodness, I'm nearly crying. Wonderful writing.
HerGoldenHair chapter 6 . 5/15/2012
IT'S BIGGER ON THE INSIDE! The magic cupboard! Brilliant. :D This story is amazing. Oh, and I love your characterization of Luna so much. I've always liked Luna though - wasn't her Quidditch commentary awesome? xD
HerGoldenHair chapter 2 . 5/15/2012
I really, really enjoyed this chapter. :)
Desiree1717 chapter 8 . 5/1/2012
I have to say before I read any farther, that normally I detest it when an author puts a real world book/movie/music mention into a story. Normally. This is because it's usually nothing more than an authors plug for something they are biased for. But the mention of The Secret Garden fits so well, with the orphan girl, the plants, and all that I just can't help but be impressed by that pick. It's never been a book I enjoyed much myself, but I applaud your choice of it. It fits into the story line well, and it suits the characters wonderfully. Excellent job!
Random Flyer chapter 17 . 5/1/2012
Great story! I really enjoyed both this story and its predecessor. You did a very good job with the continuity between the two, as well as character developement. I especially like the way you rounded it out in the end with the postscript. Usually writing in a very condensed manner like that is difficult and can come out as fake, but you did it very well without becoming overly stylized. I'm a little sad Harry and Luna didn't get together in the end, but I'm glad Snape found someone.

Anyway, great job and thanks for the story!
totalreadr at yahoo chapter 2 . 4/17/2012
'Dumbledore gives the impression of fighting a smile. "I was rather thinking you would find it a small price to pay for the chance to fully vent your spleen for once, with no restrictions whatever," he says.'

Very Dumbledoreian.

Of course, the obvious reply is, "If I thought so, I already would have done it. So you're asking me to take the loss of dignity in order to do something I had already decided *wasn't* worth it."
Min chapter 9 . 4/10/2012
I'm reading this again after a long time, and enjoying it very much. Great chapter, Chapter 9.
cyiusblack chapter 17 . 4/5/2012
super story
Jimbocous chapter 17 . 4/1/2012
An extraordinary pair of stories. Overall fascinating character studies, nicely interwoven into canon. I would suggest that it would be a good plan to make reference to the first story in a note at the beginning of the second story, for those who missed the first.

I have to admit the abruptness of the ending took me by surprise, but after a bit of thought it was probably the perfect way to weave this back into canon.

Thanks for an outstanding read!
32-star chapter 17 . 3/31/2012
Love the story, very well written, not keen on snape and luna, sorry just the thought kinda made me cringe, but thats a personal opinion and has nothing to do with the quality of writing this piece is. Thanks for writing this story, 32-star
1,262 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »