Reviews for The Poor of God
Starfire23 chapter 17 . 7/22/2012
Awesome story! Thanks for saving Snape. His death has always been the greatest disappointment canon made for me.
celena murdock chapter 17 . 7/16/2012
This story was wonderful!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/11/2012
I am enjoying this story so far. I like the distinction between Snape being nice and Snape being kind because I was just thinking the same thing. I also have to say that this line was hilarious. "You do realize," he says, "that my birthday is not until January." It was such a Snape-like thing to say.
scarlettmeadows chapter 16 . 7/7/2012
awwww! awesome!

this story gets better and better every time I read it...

can't wait to hear more from you!
Guest chapter 17 . 7/4/2012
Although I love Severus/Luna, I think the last chapter was rather unnecessary... I simply don't like epilogues. But the story is lovely anyway, one of the best ones I've read! You managed to give Severus a happy ending he deserved without making him OOC. Well done!
CanonDodger chapter 17 . 6/25/2012
Of the entire work: I thought it was exceedingly well done. Chapters 5 and 6 were especially brilliant.

Of this chapter (the Postscript): I think the story would be far, far better without it. In many ways it ruined my positive feelings about the rest of the story. It just seemed way too pat in its happily-ever-after way. (And Snape/Luna was just a wee bit creepy.) Honestly, I think it completely unnecessary to spell it all out-let readers daydream about it if they are so inclined. The important thing to know occurs at the end of chapter sixteen-that Snape's burden has been lifted; that Harry forgives him and that Lily would approve of him. In that sense it matters not one whit whether or not the story proceeds to follow canon and Snape dies. He has been absolved of his great sin! That's all we really need to know.

(As you might guess, I thought JKR's epilogue was a dreadful misstep as well.)

But again, I very much enjoyed chapters 1-16.
sarahsezlove chapter 17 . 6/21/2012
I don't know what to say.

This has been totally wonderful.

I thank you.
sarahsezlove chapter 8 . 6/21/2012
Good grief!

Harry just brings tears to my eyes.
sarahsezlove chapter 6 . 6/21/2012
I've always loved Luna.

Thank you so much for making her the girl she was always supposed to be.
sarahsezlove chapter 5 . 6/21/2012
I had to wait all day to get home for this chapter. It was so worth it.
sarahsezlove chapter 3 . 6/20/2012
Oh good grief!

My heart was racing.
sarahsezlove chapter 2 . 6/20/2012
haha!

I'm picturing Vernon as a toad. A very satisfying image.
sarahsezlove chapter 1 . 6/20/2012
What a wonderful start.

I just know I'm going to love this.
Izzy chapter 17 . 6/18/2012
Oh my. That was beyond beautiful. I feel somewhat sad to finish it but the ending was just so perfect I can't even thoroughly complain that it's ended. Its very rare-well in my experience anyway- that a story like this, with the similar themes and plots of Snape and Harry getting along actually have such a thorough ending. Or a proper ending at all, so this is much refreshing and satisfying and saddening all at once. I hate finishing a good story. Or rather a great story. It had every aspect I enjoy reading about- I honestly loved every minute of it. I admit when I first got glimpse that Luna and Snape's relationship could be interpreted non-platonic I felt a bit.. like I needed to wince. But in the end their relationship fit perfectly and I couldn't be happier :) Thankyou for sharing this masterpiece, it truly melted my heart xx
AdelaLeigh chapter 17 . 6/17/2012
What an exquisite ending!
1,283 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »