Reviews for The Poor of God
NYCUtopia chapter 17 . 1/12/2014
Brilliant. Masterful. Fulfilling.
I am terribly lazy with reviews, but I assurr you, if you insisted (!), I could give you twenty good reasons why.
NYCUtopia chapter 6 . 1/11/2014
Wow.
darkdranzer chapter 17 . 1/7/2014
Read the prequel then this in one go. And it's all sorts of awesome. Really really nicely done. I love how you dealt with the issue of Harry's abuse at the hands of his relatives. And the slight changes to the last book. Although I still cant see Snape marrying Luna but it works here.
KataraKya chapter 17 . 12/4/2013
I get all sentimental when I come across stories like this. You're a magnificent writer. Thank you for sharing this well-crafted piece of creativity with us. I can't thank you enough.
Selande chapter 17 . 11/15/2013
Excellent story (both!). I truly enjoyed the twist, and still keeping it with the major events. I always wished Snape and Harry had managed to overlook their differences and just... talk about things. This was a wonderful story and your rendition was extremely enjoyable.
Guest chapter 15 . 10/21/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Guest chapter 17 . 10/17/2013
Amazing story. Really incredible in nearly every way (I loathed old, fatherly Snape pairing off with a girl young enough to be his daughter-very Roman Polanski-ish, ugh. It almost ruined the story for me). THAT said, I do adore the rest of it. You're a terrific writer. The scene with the dreams-I was literally clenched up, reading through that, horrifying. This one rambles a bit more than The Guiltless (a pretty much flawless story) but it's just as good (except for creepy, x-generational pairing), just n a different way. LOVED the scene in the Potions classroom, and I immediately got just why Harry couldn't remember "it's all an act." Oh, to the reviewer who said this epilogue was better than JKR's-nah. This was great too-but nothing is better than the original.
ButterflyMane chapter 17 . 9/24/2013
This story was so brilliantly and wonderfully told. I loved reading it. The way the story was woven through your clear, elegant writing was truly magnificent. I adored the way you developed Harry and Snape's relationship, how you portrayed the devastating vulnerability of them both. The tender moments between them were emotional and beautifully done, and in keeping with their characters.

Your portrayal of Dumbledore was excellent and your writing ability allowed me to get sucked in to the story- it was real, believable, and wonderfully executed.

Thanks for sharing your talent!

I hope to read more from you xx
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 9/19/2013
Awww, what a nice ending! I'll admit Luna seems a bit young for old Sev. Then again, the difference in ages is probably less than that between Marianne Dashwood and Colonel Brandon, so who am I to quibble? Besides, I've always thought of Luna as an Old Soul, with wisdom and understanding reaching far, far beyond her years. Dumbledore understood this, and Snape, it seems, came to understand and value it as well. :)

Great story.
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 9/19/2013
That was a gripping chapter and very well written. I'm glad Harry stopped the process. I must say that the intense pain level Vernon felt seemed directly linked to the amount of evil and abuse he has heaped on Harry across the years. What a jerk.

Now ... will Voldemort be coming after Luna to hear HER prophecy? Will that be the next disaster Harry needs to prevent?

Snape seems not to know how to handle Harry's forgiveness. He must be mourning the five years he has thrown away when he could have truly gotten to know Harry deeply, now that there is so little time before the coming cataclysm. No doubt he is wishing the same thing Harry wished a few chapters back ... that he could remake himself into the man he'd like Harry to see.
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 9/19/2013
I agree with Hermione ... I do not like Harry going down dark paths. I suppose, too, that I wonder what's the point, if Harry isn't returning. I could suppose he IS planning to return, though, because he is afraid to endanger those he loves any further.

It's amazing that so little time has passed, when so many things have happened. When is Dumbledore going to bring Harry into the Horcrux hunt?
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 9/19/2013
This is a sad - and scary - chapter. Poor Luna is now an orphan. I wonder ... will Snape become her guardian? (Sorry for spelling errors with Snape. My iPad automatically turns it into a possessive form, and sometimes I'm so busy with my one-fingered hunt-n-peckin' that I don't notice.)

The Kinslayer's Aegis sounds a lot like Dumbledore's blood wards, doesn't it? What if Vernon CAN'T be controlled with it?
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 9/19/2013
"Harry keeps his eyes trained on the back of Snape's head as he takes his place at the front of the procession, and wonders to himself what he looks like in Snape's mind, whether his likeness there is etched in stone or whether there is still room to create himself more like the person he wishes to be."

I find that passage indescribably poignant. How heart-breaking that a kind, decent child like Harry feels that Snape is unable to value him for the person he is.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 9/19/2013
Although Xeno may not be physically abusive, as the Dursleys are, it sounds as if Luna has been just as neglected emotionally as Harry has. Together with Snape's, they form an interesting trio - three emotionally bereft people.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 9/19/2013
Consider it ... The only time Harry has ever heard an adult admit concern or affection for him is when he has suffered some grievous injury. I wonder if the adults in his life have ever given that ugly little truth any thought? To what lengths will some people go to hear someone tell them they are loved? After all, Snape telling a kid like Harry he is wonderful and DESERVING of love is very different from Snape telling Harry that HE LOVES him ... if he does. And I'm starting to suspect that he does love both Harry and Luna.
1,359 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »