Reviews for The Poor of God
marthapreston4 chapter 9 . 9/6/2014
I think story does a wonderful job of reminding us why we love luna and should never stop
marthapreston4 chapter 7 . 9/6/2014
awww I just want to hug Luna
marthapreston4 chapter 4 . 9/6/2014
I get that a scene was needed but why risk that someone would brew it properly at all especially for high school it just seems unlikely that a teacher would take that risk ...
marthapreston4 chapter 2 . 9/6/2014
I love the penpalness of it all
DoraLupinTonks chapter 17 . 8/11/2014
Oh my god...what a wonderful story. It's so beautiful. I just wanna know...Snape and Luna had kids right? I mean Snape wanted to have kids..dint he? So did they? And thank you so much for d sequel and such a beautiful story.
luckintheair04 chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
I enjoyed this story very, very much! I was quite glad I found the sequel and I must confess I neglected most of my work to finish reading this. I suppose the only thing that didn't settle well with me was Snape and Luna getting together. I suppose it's because I always thought Snape would be a loner; adamant that he could never think of anyone the same as he thought of Lily. And I saw Luna and Snape's relationship more of a father-daughter type. I mostly expected Harry and Luna to get together, I guess.
Regardless, that didn't stop me from enjoying the story. You have a great talent in conveying things effectively and keeping people in character. Great story!
Mallory P chapter 17 . 8/3/2014
THIS WAS AN INCREDIBLE FIC I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I READ THE GUILTLESS AND THEN FOUND THIS AND IT WAS AKIN TO A MIRACLE. Bravo you captured the essence of the characters incredibly well and stayed true to them and you let them grow. Loved it and I will always remember it.
ketren chapter 17 . 6/20/2014
What a great story. I absolutely love your writing style, and you did such a fantastic job of changing the characters we love, but doing it so gradually that we only notice it by the end of the story. Thanks for a great read!
Lily chapter 13 . 6/11/2014
Hello!

I've been reading your work in this particular storyline for quite a while. I usually do not tolerate such long ones unless they are quite good, so I hope you understand that I do, in fact, think it is quite good! However, I do suppose that, since you are such a talent, I should inform you of a couple small details that could improve your future writings.

The first is your repeated use of certain words; for example, you typically use the word 'flushes' at least three times per chapter, often more. There are a couple more words like this, of course, but this one sticks out because you use it so often. Perhaps you could try writing this word in a different way (using different 'embarrassed' body language such as shuffling of feet, ears turning red, clenching of fists where appropriate, etc.), or not including it at all. As it is, your characters get embarrassed a lot! ;-) When you write your stories, try using the search feature in Word to find the words you repeat a lot, and alter some of them-show off that vocabulary I know you have!

The second is partly the overuse of dialogue, and partly the over-repetition of information. Oftentimes, you will repeat something the reader already knows to a character who is new to the scene. Dialogue should be used to convey new information; it gets old to have to read about the same event being repeatedly explained. You want to keep their attention; keep the story moving, flowing, and you definitely don't want readers to start skimming. Dialogue should skip the pleasantries used in real life conversation, and be used only for, as previously mentioned, conveying information the reader does not yet know (such as establishing character moments, new plot elements, etc.).

Well, I hope this will help you! You have wonderful story and plot ideas, and quite an admirable vocabulary as well. The way you write characters is quite believable as well; you use their 'voice' well and convey their actions and dialogue as if it really were that character. Your dislike of character bashing is admirable, and your use of present tense in your writing is very unique! Keep it up! Thanks for a great read.
BellaTrixUpMySleeves chapter 1 . 5/23/2014
You know, there's this weird feeling I get sometimes when I read fanfiction. I would describe it as a tickle, an odd twinge of emotion that begins to scratch away at me somewhere at the back of my head as I begin to read through the first few paragraphs of a new story. It's something like wonder tangled up with annoyance and irritation. It makes me giddy.

After years of reading fanfiction (and being quite picky about it, let me tell you) I've come to know what this feeling is. It is the realisation that I have just stumbled upon the best and most well written story of the genre.

Now, this might sound strange but I dread this feeling as much as I long for it because it can only mean one thing: the story which I have stumbled upon has become the one against which all other stories will be compared and few if any can measure up to. As a result, my enjoyment of the genre will suffer and eventually fade and I will have to move on to different fandoms.

It's not my fault. It's just the way my brain is wired. For this reason, I have actually stopped reading stories that are "too good" simply so that I can continue exploring and enjoying other fanfic in that genre. It's silly, I know. My immediate reaction to your wonderful fic was to close it and try to move on to something else for my own sake, but something about the way you wrote Snape pulled me in from the beginning.

Your characters...the way you rendered them on the page (er, screen?), they appeared to me as real flesh and blood people. Snape especially is one that I came to know and, dare I say it, love through your writing. His sense of humour, his self loathing and unshakeable loyalty to Dumbledore...wonderful. I've had something of a soft spot for him ever since the final book. Even now I remember the fat tears and the shuddering sobs that came upon me when I realised what "Book Snape" had done for "Book Harry". I was likewise in tears when I read your altered version of the scene in the Shrieking Shack.

The altered happy ending took me completely by surprise, you know. I think that his survival and subsequent marriage to Luna (Luna!) could have been a disaster in most other writers' hands, but you pulled it off. And after a lifetime of darkness, Severus deserves a bit of happiness, dammit!

Ah, but I'm babbling. I apologise. This has been less a review than a love letter to an excellent fanfic & fanfic writer. I'm not a very good reviewer in the best of times and today matters have been made worse by my lack of sleep. You see I've just spent the entire night reading your story.

Thank you so much for your stunning work.
AltheaB chapter 17 . 5/7/2014
Wow. I have no words. Absolutely no words. Speechless.
The emotion, ooooooohhhhh I am incoherent with feels right now!

alsdkjflskdjfasldjfaldsjfaldfja;ldsfja;ldjfa;lsdjfa;ldkfja;ldskjfa;dlkfja;sdjf;adskjf;alkdjfa;lkjdf;aldkjf

Okay...
Now that I'm calm enough to write down my thoughts in some form of order:

That. was. breathtaking. This is the second time I'm reading this piece this week, and it is just as incredible as the first time. But the scene I read again and again and again and have even saved onto my computer is the Christmas scene in "With Love, Part 3", where Snape asks Harry for forgiveness. I was sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time, vibrating with tension and anticipation, and oooh the moment he says "I beg it most humbly" all that tension reaches a whole new peak, and then Harry goes "of course" and I breathe out in relief and joy at the sheer perfection. And then smoothly transition to a lovely Snape-eyebrow "have you ever actually heard of irony" line, and it's so in-character and funny and feelsy and just the right amount of everything to prevent the scene from being overly dramatic. It is PERFECT.

Not to mention the epilogue, Harry, Luna, Albus-Scorpius, Nargles, wedding, love, laughter... this fic is everything I even fantasized about for Mentor!Snape. You are amazing, incredible, bloody hell. Wow. My heart is still all tingly, even 15 minutes after the second time I'm reading it. Oh, to write like you. Magic. Maybe that's why this fanfiction is so good. You are literally magical.

I can't thank you enough for this. I'm sure I'll return again and again and again. Thank you THANK YOU.
RozaHelenClary Sardothian chapter 17 . 4/20/2014
I rarely review stories on here but i find i must for this one as it is both touching and heartbreaking, all in all, a very emotional fic and i really wish it webt on forever! Though i must say Severus and Luna was a huge surprise for me and i always thought he loved her as a daughter so that was strange. I did want her to end up with Harry as im none too fond of Ginevra but as it wasnt hugely featured i didnt mind. I will definitely be rereading this sometime as well as recommending it to a friend. Thank you for this beautiful story!
Rosaleen chapter 17 . 4/19/2014
Brilliant story, as was its prequel. I really enjoyed it.
Guest chapter 17 . 4/3/2014
Best fanfics I've ever read. I love your humour. All your characters are so in-character that I seriously don't know which fanfic I'll be able to read after that. I completely forgot that I wasn't reading something canon! It's that much spot on!
acelly chapter 17 . 4/2/2014
An excellent story and a wonderful read. Thank you for writing it! :-)
1,262 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »