Reviews for The Poor of God
Fenris Jin chapter 10 . 8/15/2015
I don't know why Harry still doubts Snape. If Severus says that Luna is to be his bodyguard, he better believe Luna is to be his bodyguard.. xD

I think these to will work out fine being together in the long run. For their mutual lack of self-preservation, they compliment each other by being overprotective of one another.. and besides, no one messes with Snape's daughter, that said our dear potions master is free to expel, maim or neuter anyone who thinks otherwise.
Fenris Jin chapter 7 . 8/14/2015
Oh looks like Vernon really has no sense of self preservation.. At this rate he might need to be put down.. or maybe we can have Luna make miracles on him too.. Although, admittedly, the outcome really isn't guaranteed. xD
Fenris Jin chapter 6 . 8/14/2015
Hmm.. I wonder how Luna expresses her displeasure.. Pity, we won't be able to see it seeing as it's quite a hard thing to achieve such state for her.. But really, it is quite curious.. Can't we send her off to Privet Drive? I bet she can convince Snape to take her. xD

Anyway, Dumbledore is a genius for having Luna assist with Harry. If anyone can keep up with his mad ramblings, it's definitely our dear little blonde. xD
Fenris Jin chapter 5 . 8/14/2015
Wow. Tough Luck for Harry. I wonder how long Snape can take the emotional upheaval. xD

Yay! Another team up from Snape and Luna!
Fenris Jin chapter 3 . 8/14/2015
Oh well.. At least Harry can't really be blamed for his actions.. He was told to act like himself.. so technically, that translates to Gryffindorish behavior.. xD
Fenris Jin chapter 1 . 8/14/2015
I share Snape's amusement during the first part of Harry's letter. I admit was actually snickering over the big words he used.. xD

By the end of the letter, wherein Harry becomes more relaxed in writing, I was actually imagining Severus to pick up his quill and start correcting his sentence constructions like he would on an essay. Just so that he can still mock Potter on his attempt. xD

I like the idea of Luna and Snape teaming up. I never thought of it before.. But it's quite a sight I must say. xD
DragonOwl chapter 17 . 7/30/2015
I loved reading this so much! Thank you for such amazing writing, I loved every second :D and I think I almost prefer this outcome over the actual version :) I didn't also think I would end up liking Snape so much - I liked him before, but now he's gone up in my character estimation :D I think you portrayed all the characters perfectly, everyone was so in character! Even though Hermione and Ron didn't play such a large part, I thought they were fantastic. I liked the surprise at the end when Snape ended up with Luna too and I think they'd be so cute together. The 'Scorpius wants to see muggles' at the end I found amusing, and I really liked the way you summed it all up.
Amanthya chapter 17 . 7/18/2015
Aside from the fact that I saw Severus looking at Luna as a daughter and expected her and Harry to end up together - which made me shudder uncomfortably at this ending - I found this to be a moving, well-written story that explores the depths of the characters far more satisfyingly than canon did towards the end. I'm going to pretend Harry married Luna, with whom he formed such a bond with, instead of Ginny, and that Severus married someone his own age who he never taught. But otherwise, I'm very fond of this story.
hannahjean98 chapter 17 . 7/17/2015
Idk if you get notifications for this anymore, or if you even care, but this is honest to god, the best iteration of this trope that i have ever read, and trust me, I've read quite a few. You have prodigious writing skill and quite must have quite the imagination to have created this work of art, and I thank you for giving your time for so little reward. In any case, this story was fabulous and you are awesome.
cbac1990 chapter 17 . 7/7/2015
I am quite glad I persevered through the wall of distaste I had found myself with the present tense this story (and the prequel) was written in. Both were quite lovely in flow and I do believe I found a gem in this story.

I had expected though that Luna and Harry wouldve somehow ended up together and it was a slight disappointment that she had not. The letter exchange between Severus and Harry was quite a nice touch. Thank you for the time spent in sharing your gift of writing.
Guest chapter 17 . 5/26/2015
Loved this, thank you for posting!
cztelnik chapter 17 . 5/25/2015
Wow, you've done so well with this entire story and the ending. Specially with Severus and Luna. A bit of romantic and sweet and warm with lots of angst throughout to make it right. Thanks for keeping Snape true to form - his disappearing act rings true.
IloveHeat chapter 1 . 5/21/2015
I meant these stories. Again, incredible!
chai4anne chapter 17 . 4/16/2015
My God, that was beautiful. Beautiful! I realize it's been years since you posted this, but if you still read your reviews, I just want you to know that I found those last two chapters stunning. The story as a whole is gripping, but they're just pure poetry.

And, unlike the last person who reviewed, I had no trouble with the Snape/Luna pairing at the end. Yes, you'd built them up as potentially a father/daughter relationship, but you'd also hinted at something more all along. What did surprise me was the happy ending. I was so very glad to get it.

Thanks so much for this!
Mindmaze chapter 17 . 4/12/2015
I know you completed this fic ages ago but I just had to tell you how much I admire your ability to write such a masterfully crafted story. Literally every chapter had me enticed and i complete awe of your ability to portray certain emotional pivots of the story with out being cliche or to the point.

I did have a problem with the Snape/Luna pairing. Not because of the age difference but because all the way through until the last chapter I had perceived their relationship as a parent/child one. Snape even muses at one point of him seeing her in a daughter/family in general sort of way. If anything I thought it would be a Huna fic if you decided not to make the three of them a mini family. I don't know it just sort of threw me.

That however is personal opinion and does not reflect on my overall enjoyment of this story and indeed my acknowledgment that you deserve an abundance more recognition for a story of this quality. Basically I just want to thank you for taking the time to write such an enthralling piece of work, I have greatly enjoyed reading it.
1,317 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »