Reviews for The Poor of God
Irene34 chapter 17 . 10/13/2014
Amazing, thank you very much.
sydney73588 chapter 9 . 9/30/2014
I'm halfway thru this story and I know that you've gone on to other things, but I wanted to let you know that it is excellent. I've been reading Harry Potter fan fiction for a while, and have seldom read once as well crafted as this. The talent you display here will one day be shown to the world.
Thank you for a great story.
island0meadow chapter 17 . 9/16/2014
I was really hoping this would be snarry... but then Luna woke up from her injury and I had to give up on that idea. The dynamics of the relationship between those three changed at that moment it seems. I rather like how this story turned out though (helps that it was the lovable Luna and not someone like... say Hermione... don't think I could have read that). It had the possibility of being (harry x luna), (snape x harry), or to the surprise of my bl loving mind, (snape x luna). First time I've read (snape x luna) incorporated into a story :) I love the fact that they all keep in touch and are not hidden away from the rest of the world at the end. The part about Dudley's family was a nice touch as well.
I love this. Thank you for writing and posting it T.T
marthapreston4 chapter 17 . 9/6/2014
not sure about that ending the whole marrying a student old enough to be your kids creeps me out but the rest of the story was good
marthapreston4 chapter 12 . 9/6/2014
aww now I feel bad for her
marthapreston4 chapter 10 . 9/6/2014
part of me wonders if he is still dreaming
marthapreston4 chapter 9 . 9/6/2014
I think story does a wonderful job of reminding us why we love luna and should never stop
marthapreston4 chapter 7 . 9/6/2014
awww I just want to hug Luna
marthapreston4 chapter 4 . 9/6/2014
I get that a scene was needed but why risk that someone would brew it properly at all especially for high school it just seems unlikely that a teacher would take that risk ...
marthapreston4 chapter 2 . 9/6/2014
I love the penpalness of it all
DoraLupinTonks chapter 17 . 8/11/2014
Oh my god...what a wonderful story. It's so beautiful. I just wanna know...Snape and Luna had kids right? I mean Snape wanted to have kids..dint he? So did they? And thank you so much for d sequel and such a beautiful story.
luckintheair04 chapter 1 . 8/5/2014
I enjoyed this story very, very much! I was quite glad I found the sequel and I must confess I neglected most of my work to finish reading this. I suppose the only thing that didn't settle well with me was Snape and Luna getting together. I suppose it's because I always thought Snape would be a loner; adamant that he could never think of anyone the same as he thought of Lily. And I saw Luna and Snape's relationship more of a father-daughter type. I mostly expected Harry and Luna to get together, I guess.
Regardless, that didn't stop me from enjoying the story. You have a great talent in conveying things effectively and keeping people in character. Great story!
Mallory P chapter 17 . 8/3/2014
THIS WAS AN INCREDIBLE FIC I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I READ THE GUILTLESS AND THEN FOUND THIS AND IT WAS AKIN TO A MIRACLE. Bravo you captured the essence of the characters incredibly well and stayed true to them and you let them grow. Loved it and I will always remember it.
ketren chapter 17 . 6/20/2014
What a great story. I absolutely love your writing style, and you did such a fantastic job of changing the characters we love, but doing it so gradually that we only notice it by the end of the story. Thanks for a great read!
Lily chapter 13 . 6/11/2014

I've been reading your work in this particular storyline for quite a while. I usually do not tolerate such long ones unless they are quite good, so I hope you understand that I do, in fact, think it is quite good! However, I do suppose that, since you are such a talent, I should inform you of a couple small details that could improve your future writings.

The first is your repeated use of certain words; for example, you typically use the word 'flushes' at least three times per chapter, often more. There are a couple more words like this, of course, but this one sticks out because you use it so often. Perhaps you could try writing this word in a different way (using different 'embarrassed' body language such as shuffling of feet, ears turning red, clenching of fists where appropriate, etc.), or not including it at all. As it is, your characters get embarrassed a lot! ;-) When you write your stories, try using the search feature in Word to find the words you repeat a lot, and alter some of them-show off that vocabulary I know you have!

The second is partly the overuse of dialogue, and partly the over-repetition of information. Oftentimes, you will repeat something the reader already knows to a character who is new to the scene. Dialogue should be used to convey new information; it gets old to have to read about the same event being repeatedly explained. You want to keep their attention; keep the story moving, flowing, and you definitely don't want readers to start skimming. Dialogue should skip the pleasantries used in real life conversation, and be used only for, as previously mentioned, conveying information the reader does not yet know (such as establishing character moments, new plot elements, etc.).

Well, I hope this will help you! You have wonderful story and plot ideas, and quite an admirable vocabulary as well. The way you write characters is quite believable as well; you use their 'voice' well and convey their actions and dialogue as if it really were that character. Your dislike of character bashing is admirable, and your use of present tense in your writing is very unique! Keep it up! Thanks for a great read.
1,283 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »