Reviews for People Lie
Razorsmile chapter 34 . 12/31/2012
- so basically, being Anko is suffering?
- ah, Orochimaru: not even apotheosis can stop the Dickery!train
- Naruto lied to them, didn't he? Of course he did. Shinobi Lie. Jinchuuriki Lie. *Gods* Lie.
- I'm a big believer in that notion, of the Tailed Beasts all being roughly the same power level just ... situationally superior. Like Gaara in the desert or MC 8-Tails in the water(?)
- "respect their elders" Oh boy. Awesome.
- man it's a f**king tragedy that this fic is dead (or iz dat a Lie? :p I live in eternal hope)
ArthurB chapter 5 . 12/31/2012
haven't seen much humor so far wounder if story been labeled properly
NoneAvailable chapter 29 . 12/27/2012
LOLOLOLOLOL That Sasuke bit was BEAUTIFUL
NoneAvailable chapter 15 . 12/25/2012
"It's simple, Lee," Naruto explained. "She didn't wash her blossoming flower often enough and now she's got the burning flames."

I DIED OF LOL
weepingphoenix101 chapter 34 . 12/21/2012
Oh, I hope you'll continue this at some point. It's quite refreshing.
tje silversun chapter 12 . 12/21/2012
I must say this is seriously one of the most enjoyable naruto stories I have ever read, and the comedy is top nootch.
Curufin's Smile chapter 34 . 12/2/2012
I don't have much time now, so I might leave a longer review later, but this story was, without a doubt, one of the best I have ever read. I adore your characterisation and your alternate universe. Your spelling and grammar were also excellent. It's a shame that this seems to be dead.
AmandaSingh0 chapter 26 . 11/25/2012
is there any way you can just email me the chapter? not the link but the actual story.
Guest chapter 34 . 11/5/2012
Could you take out the shoe-horned in references to tvtropes pages? They break the natural flow of the dialogue and story, and just look kinda stupid. Would Asuma ever really say 'crouching moron, hidden badass'? No.

You don't need to shove references in just to appeal to tropers, they already like the story without them plenty. A poorly done reference joke, and you've done several, looks really out of place in this setting.
Sumofl chapter 2 . 11/3/2012
I love you! Foly Huck. Fight Club references in Naruto?! This just became my new fav story.
Zhor chapter 2 . 10/18/2012
Hmmm...This is probably the best Naruto/Hinata story I've seen, as it truely points out the severe discrepencies in their personalities and how Hinata sees Naruto...Even if this Naruto is different, your Hinata starts out the same...kind of a spineless follower, who just doesn't 'fit' with Naruto except as a last resort. Instead, you made it work by having Hinata 'used' as a template. Naruto pushes her personality gradually, until she develops into something else entirely. Also, I've read this story before and it just simply rocks. It has a wide array of details and aspects that arn't really considered, while the situations are carefully tracked out and developed without solely using canon as a crutch. Instead of copying things like countless other works, you take the setting and characters and 'mold' them into your own work. That is much harder to do and makes for a far greater epic, then taking the easy route in writing.
Lunar-Chakra chapter 3 . 10/9/2012
Wow I can't say I expected that. The Genin arc begins next chapter and I await it with great anticipation. I really hope Naruto's ally is on his team however with this story's many twists I'm probably going to be surprised.
Lunar-Chakra chapter 2 . 10/9/2012
Hmm, reminiscent of Fight Club. This story keeps developing and keeps surprising me, if it continues developing like this it will definitely become one of the best fics out there. Definitely not for the faint of heart or those opposed to real violence in fan fiction, a dark AU story but one that definitely comes with great promise. I look forward to reading the next chapter
Lunar-Chakra chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
An interesting beginning, not unheard of but your story definitely has a dark undertone within it.
Annoying Little Twit chapter 34 . 10/9/2012
Oh. Oh. OH. I... I don't know quite what to say... I've been reading this for three days, and am totally in love with your story. I don't normally read Naruto/Hinata pairings (normally don't read het pairings actually, I keep wanting to see Naruto claim Sasuke more as territory ;D) but I couldn't pass this one up. I love the broken Hinata, twisted by a boy who lost the ability to trust or believe, and creating himself as a god. LOVE IT!

ALT