Reviews for People Lie
TheHybrid02 chapter 11 . 2/2/2008
This story is very interesting, Sorry thats all i got, keep it up!
MobMentality chapter 11 . 1/31/2008
It's good to see this story is on Fanfiction as well, it would be annoying to set up a mediaminer account just for one story. The first chapter after the mission really threw me for a bit before I started to figure out what was going on, but it was a very enjoyable read. Worked up a nice mental sweat. The dressing down this chapter was also extremely well done, I felt guilty just for agreeing with Naruto's convictions. For someone so smart, he really needed to realize that he was trying to manipulate the God of Shinobi. Can't wait for the next chapter, Anko and bathhouses just seem to go together.
Convexbaka chapter 4 . 1/21/2008
It was so cute, the way their eyes gleamed at the thought of killing something.
gaul1 chapter 11 . 1/20/2008
interesting chapter, read ya later
Krisis chapter 6 . 1/19/2008
you have created a rather pathetic picture of narutos emotions and his abilities, you dont give enough information on them yet they make up your whole story. You focus on rather meaningless things, though important they dont shape your story, sorry i cant continue it but i hope its goes they way you have planned.
hull lull lull chapter 5 . 1/19/2008
“I can see that,” Naruto admitted. “The path to strength seems to often start over the bloody corpses of your enemies.”

“Ma…” Kakashi interrupted. “That’s a violent view of things, Naruto.”

Abruptly, his face was all smiles. “Oh, don’t worry, Kakashi-sensei! I only said ‘seems’. I know that the path to true strength begins with friends, and ends…”

They all looked at him expectantly, Sasuke disdainfully, Hinata hanging on his every word.

“…with lots of friends!” he enthused.

That is hilarious. HILARIOUS. I'd spend hours researching synonyms for 'great', 'comic', 'win', etc, just to find more ways to praise this story.

...I am laying it on a bit thick, aren't I?...

But seriously. This is really really good.
hull lull lull chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
Maa, I LOVE Ibiki, and this story, too.

Wow. This is... really good. I loved the beginning, 'How was I supposed to know everyone would suck at that test?' or something. It was absolutely hilarious. Pure win.

Urk, except for the 'friends' thing. But it's still really good...
Sanityfaerie chapter 11 . 1/18/2008
Pure love - dark, like chocolate.

That is all.
Sanityfaerie chapter 9 . 1/18/2008
You know, the first time I read through this, I thought every word was the unvarnished truth. My initial misconception (and then reading through again with new eyes) added so much to my enjoyment of the piece. It's *fascinating*.
sanityfaerie chapter 8 . 1/18/2008
Spelling kibitz: "positively taught with tension" should be "positively taut with tension"

Other than that, it is, as always, /excellent/.

"Why yes, actually. That's sort of what friends do."

Hee hee.

I mean, mostly, I like it because it does that whole dark and broken-but-not-evil and deep drama and twisty and everything (oh, and really well written. Must not forget the really well written.) but the little twists of humor are also quite nice.

and I'm really, really glad that you had Sasuke be on par with Naruto/Hinata and didn't overpower anyone or anything. Thank you for maintaining balance in your world.
Barranca chapter 11 . 1/18/2008
Heh, Naruto quite deserved that, and you tricked me into believing he could get away with that at first. Shows why Sarutobi is the kage of a shinobi village.
Barranca chapter 10 . 1/18/2008
I really like the disjointed description, mixed up with the present happenings. I'm a bit worried about Hinata, but who does not risk does not drink champagne.
skywiseskychan chapter 11 . 1/18/2008
You certainly won't loose me as a reader just becaues this isn't simple fluff. Pulling Lovcraftian Horror into the Naruto verse did put me off a little bit I admit, but after this chapter I've managed to get over the genre hurdle in my mind. I will be reading more.

oh, and yay, Fanservice FTW! Where are the bunnygirls! Panty Shots! and more!
sanityfaerie chapter 3 . 1/17/2008
I like it. I like it a *lot*.

You're all twisty and stuff.

*reads*

*looks at clock - is bedtime*

*reads more*