Reviews for People Lie
pikachucat chapter 34 . 4/24
awesome more please
void242 chapter 34 . 4/24
Like your writing style..Keep it up
HyperCatnip chapter 33 . 2/24
THis fanfic is solidly written, but wrongly labeled.
It's better than average, but I wouldn't say it is in my top 10.
HyperCatnip chapter 26 . 2/23
Damn it, even the lemon chapter contained at least 30% angst!
Still, it was a lemon chapter. Lemons are nice.
HyperCatnip chapter 25 . 2/23
I read in author's notes that this fic is light-hearted and funny.
It is not.
It wouldn't be out of place in Warhammer 40000 verse.
You now, the one where in the grim darkness of future there is only war, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods. That one.

It is well written. There are funny moments. But I don't think 3 (three) funny moments in 25 chapters warrant classifying it as "Humor".

Amounts of drama and angst, though, are starting to irk me. What is next, NTR?

Seriously, WTF is wrong with labeling?

P.S. If there is unlabeled NTR somewhere, I will quit in disgust. I hate-hate-hate people who cannot be bothered to label their creations properly.
HyperCatnip chapter 22 . 2/22
Ow wow.
I wish half of this chapter was a preamble to this fanfic.
It would make it five times more enjoyable.
I wouldn't be puzzled by having my expectations crushed repeatedly.

Now I can say I like the idea. This fanfic is actually pretty good.
HyperCatnip chapter 21 . 2/22
I just remembered where I read about Naruto biting other people's shoulder as clan initiation ritual before. It's from "Chuunin exam day"!

THis insanity actually is entertaining. Mislabeled, horror, not much humor, but entertaining.
HyperCatnip chapter 18 . 2/22
I hate people who mislabel their work.
This is a Lovecraft crossover. Mislabeled as Naruto fanfic with humor and adventure.
Thousands of Lovecraft fans will never read it because it is mislabeled.
Thousands of unsuspecting Naruto fans WILL read it and be bewildered.
Mislabeling is bad.

Also, Lovecraft's shoggoths screamed "Tekeli-li", not other variations that can be seen here.
HyperCatnip chapter 17 . 2/22
I insist that this fic is mislabeled. Not enough humor, too much angst and drama.
And lovecraftian horrors. Can't forget lovecraftian horrors.
HyperCatnip chapter 14 . 2/22
Anko's explanations about jutsu stockpiling don't withstand close examination.
Everybody is still out of character.
Have you seen Mai Hime and Mai Otome?
Characters are named the same, their appearance is similar, but they are different. This fanfic does same thing with Naruto characters.
HyperCatnip chapter 13 . 2/21
This chapter was actually pretty funny.
Maybe this fic is not entirely hopeless after all.

Of course I am not entirely satisfied.
Logic bashing is not funny or smart.

Also, IMHO Sasuke is very emotion-driven. He looks cool and distant because he is driven by one emotion: hatred towards his brother.
HyperCatnip chapter 12 . 2/21
This chapter suddenly has humor in it. Yay!
Still, one homing pigeon and one talkative Sasuke per 12 chapters is too damn little.
And there is too much angst. Still, it's getting entertaining.
HyperCatnip chapter 11 . 2/21
Yeah, everybody is still out of character, and main genres are angst, drama and horror.
This is not a Naruto story, it's a fringe spin-off.

Also, don't you ever badmouth logic. Feelings are worth nothing without it.
Emotional stupidity is one recipe for disaster. Emotionless logic is another. Only using emotions closely with full power of logic can one reach their goals.
HyperCatnip chapter 10 . 2/21
Shoggoths? In my Naruto? It's more likely than you think!

Seriously, there is no reason for this to be Naruto fanfiction. Everybody is significantly different from their canon selves.

Also, I insist that this fic is seriously mislabeled. It should be Angst/Drama/Lovecraftian Horror, not Humor/Adventure.
HyperCatnip chapter 9 . 2/21
Odd chapter. Every character is out of character, so I keep pretending their names are coincidence.
I still insist this fanfic is mislabeled. It lacks humor.
2,344 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »