Reviews for People Lie
HyperCatnip chapter 13 . 2/21
This chapter was actually pretty funny.
Maybe this fic is not entirely hopeless after all.

Of course I am not entirely satisfied.
Logic bashing is not funny or smart.

Also, IMHO Sasuke is very emotion-driven. He looks cool and distant because he is driven by one emotion: hatred towards his brother.
HyperCatnip chapter 12 . 2/21
This chapter suddenly has humor in it. Yay!
Still, one homing pigeon and one talkative Sasuke per 12 chapters is too damn little.
And there is too much angst. Still, it's getting entertaining.
HyperCatnip chapter 11 . 2/21
Yeah, everybody is still out of character, and main genres are angst, drama and horror.
This is not a Naruto story, it's a fringe spin-off.

Also, don't you ever badmouth logic. Feelings are worth nothing without it.
Emotional stupidity is one recipe for disaster. Emotionless logic is another. Only using emotions closely with full power of logic can one reach their goals.
HyperCatnip chapter 10 . 2/21
Shoggoths? In my Naruto? It's more likely than you think!

Seriously, there is no reason for this to be Naruto fanfiction. Everybody is significantly different from their canon selves.

Also, I insist that this fic is seriously mislabeled. It should be Angst/Drama/Lovecraftian Horror, not Humor/Adventure.
HyperCatnip chapter 9 . 2/21
Odd chapter. Every character is out of character, so I keep pretending their names are coincidence.
I still insist this fanfic is mislabeled. It lacks humor.
HyperCatnip chapter 8 . 2/21
As I said, I choose to pretend this is original fiction with characters that just happen to be named similar to Kishimoto's characters. It's much better than alternative.

Also, sleeping while chakra-wielding were-bears lurk around isn't very smart.
HyperCatnip chapter 7 . 2/21
I insist: this fanfic is mislabeled.
There is no humor. One joke per 7 chapters doesn't count.

Also, characters are again out of character.
I can enjoy this story better if I pretend it is an original fiction with character names being a reference to Naruto-verse.

Also, I don't have a clue about thought process of Sasuke OR Naruto in latest two chapters.
What was the deal with Hinata washing her nails, mucky water and dead leaf? What caused Naruto's fit? What was that dream? Why feedback loop? Such thing never happened in canon.

I don't understand it. It irritates me.

Still, plot started moving. Maybe there will be cool moments in this fanfic after all.
HyperCatnip chapter 6 . 2/21
I begin to dislike this fanfic.

First reason is its characters. Everyone is out of character for no good reason. Brooding emo Naruto with occasional hysterical moments. Sharp-witted and talkative Sasuke. Haughty yandere Hinata. Even Kakashi-sensei is somewhat off.

Second reason is that this fanfic is badly mislabeled.
Why is it labeled "Adventure/Humor"? There is like one joke per 6 chapters. Where is my humor, damn it? Shame on you, author.

If it doesn't get awesome immediately, I will drop it.
HyperCatnip chapter 5 . 2/21
This chapter is the first indication this is a humor fanfic. Now I want to read about Naruto and his trusty combat tentacles!

All the characters keep behaving off-character, but less so than before.

This fanfic is still above overage, I am not disappointed so far.
Future will show if it is good or not.
HyperCatnip chapter 2 . 2/21
This Hinata is out of character.
Way out of character.
Changing someone's personality this much on such a short notice is lazy writing.
I hope it gets better later.
Otherwise, this fanfic is above average so far.
Cryptorex chapter 9 . 2/13
This is one fucking epic chapter. Had to review. Never before reviewed before the end of series. Just epic. You research into stuff you use to write is to be envied.
Flying Dice chapter 6 . 1/30
Ah, finally got around to rereading this gem again, and it reminded me of what I love most about it. Not the delightful little eldritch AU Nugar has spun. Not the subtle, nuanced character development and unreliable narrators. Nor is it the total lack of the terrible fanon tendencies.

No, ladies and gents, it's the tears and futile rage of all these undiscerning little shits whining because it isn't yet another story in which Naruto and Hinata spend half the time in Suemode effortlessly solving every problem by being both stronger and smarter than the entirety of the cast (and, natch, the other half fucking like rabbits despite barely being into puberty and laden with emotional issues). The crying is divine music, and it keeps me coming back even more than the quality of the writing.
Why did this series die out. i want to cry
AlexDnD chapter 2 . 1/16
This chapter was glorious. You have a gift!
Loner Kid chapter 1 . 1/2
That's interesting. But is Naruto secretly a girl? Since this story is posted in Female Naruto Fics Community.
2,334 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »