Reviews for Plains Distant and Remote
Lise Steiner chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Fantastic story. One of my favorites, hell yeah.
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
a great story
Prieda Solo chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
beautiful as always. Such lovely descriptions and feelings and thoughts and most of all atmosphere, because you are the queen of atmosphere which your lovely colours and brackets and soft little paragraphs and perfect characters.

great work :) I love Remus's last thoughts, that this time around they're missing the idealism and the youth and of course, their friends. And the description of twighlight deserves a medal all of its own.
Riana1 chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
Darling- like a torch song, old fashion and smoky sweet.
Still Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
You continue to amaze me, you know. In the first place, you haven't died (though I wonder if, perhaps, you were kidnapped by leprechauns?). In the second, you make the words come alive. You make pictures with them that I can hardly understand, let alone make myself. You make it seem real and somehow beautiful. All of a sudden I'm there and I can feel the sunlight, I hear the rain and see the fire. The people are clear and stand out against the background, but the background is not a misty-grey thing that is indistinct because the author doesn't care and doesn't see it, it's just as real as the people. Authors usually do one or the other. You do both so very well. And I'm glad to see you haven't died. ;)
Phoenix.G.Fawkes chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
The first sentence alone is superb and so is the rest of the fic. It was very good how, only by short snippets, you showed Remus and Sirius trying to leave the past behind, trying to fix what cannot be fixed and in spite of that, managing to find some common ground, a way to move on when everything they cherished was lost. I like how you write about everyday details in a way that sounds poetical and how you combine your words and sentences that have a wonderful flow.

"Some of it’s a little garbled with time, but most of it is not; the telling thing is the way the edges of their conversations are fragile, rubbed red-raw by doubt and years." It illustrates the nature of Sirius and Remus' current relationship: how to be friends when there's been so much mistrust, when so much has been lost? This is also illustrated by the letter from Sirius to Remus that says sorry all over it without saying, and when Remus thinks about all the things they are missing, such as idealism, an utopia (and I might add, youth and naivety) and their friends.

All in all, this is a great fic, so congratulations on a job well-done.