Reviews for Changes
chaitea16 chapter 1 . 6/9/2010
And I just fell in love with ratchet all over again

For a writer how claimed to have little experience with these characters, you certainly have a much better grasp on them then most life-long fans I've encountered.

You add a certain depth to the movie versions that few fanfiction writers can bring forth and the primary focus is as captivating as it is intriguingly written. While nothing new or action packed is actually transpiring I can't help but become emotionally taken.

Also have to ask, are all of your transformer stories taking place in a similar continuity or is each a separate entity in and of itself? If the former, this is a a charming start to a sequence i'm very much looking forward to following.
Queen of the Red Skittle chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful work. Loved your analysis on Ratchet's character, and his view on the war and Jazz. Very interesting theories. Really, masterful work. Even if you did use some literary license, it made perfect sense.

QOTRS
Uniasus chapter 1 . 2/3/2010
I really liked this, especially where you talk about Ratchet's decision to join the 'Bots. Great work
Seriously Yours chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
Beautifully written. :)
Kibble Beast chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
wow wow WOW.

love for ratchet. :'(

i've a feeling you could flesh out any character...

even ones you didn't concentrate on, you somehow gave them solidity.

anyway, really moving, and great fic. :D

(excuse my pathetic review, but my mind has exploded)
Latias 24 chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
Nice story, detailed and plain wonderful. I feel blessed by actually stumbling into your story.
Lerrinus chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Brilliant! I loved this, you actually gave Ratchet a very realistic personality - a medic forced into battle and doing the best he can with what he has and everything he knows, I really enjoyed your story, especially the dialogue between Optimus and Ratchet, beautifully done! *adds to faves*
Splatter Fall chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
I'm sort of... stunned. Like I can't get my words together enough to plot out a good review, after reading this. ._. It was just... dark, sad, but somehow just right, and I'm depressed, but so happy to have come across it, and your take on everything was just...

;_; Jazz. Nnff.

Put simply, if I was a cryer, I'd be in bad shape right now. XD This was really just awesome.
Tatsumaki-sama chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
That was absolutely wonderful! A perfect and beautiful analysis of Ratchet and what he deals with being a medic. I love his relationships with the Autobots, especially Jazz and Optimus.

/ Prime said they were dedicated and Prowl called them gamblers; Ratchet called them (among other things) fuse-blown maniacs./

LOL! Gotta love Jazz and Bumblebee.

/and for the days I mess up, I got Prowl and 'Bee to get me out and you to put me back together.”/

Love that line! Jazz is such a great character. I think you portrayed him wonderfully.

/ Just hold on awhile longer, because it is going to be all right. It's got to be./

I love that faith and hope of Ratchet's that everything will be all right. Because everything will.
Katie chapter 1 . 11/28/2007
That's wonderful. I really enjoyed both this and bridges.

Imput on weights, I can't remember what their exact ones are but Jazz and Bumblebee both weight less than 2 tonnes, Ironhide weighs about 3 and a half, Prime's over 4, Megatron's over 5 and Ratchet is a lot over 6 tonnes. I remember noting that he weighed more than Prime and one of the smaller mechs put together. (He also is a 4 on the power scale compared to Prime and Meg's 5, Ironhide and Starscream's 3 and Jazz and Bumblebee's 2!)
tomorrow4eva chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
That was a really nice injection of personality into them. There was one slip where you called Ratchet a 'pacific' medic instead of 'pacifist' medic. I hadn't read the blurb that suggests Ratchet is a pacifist. I wouldn't have guessed from the movie... :) You write them well.
SkyHighFan chapter 1 . 10/26/2007
Yeah. Ratchet was lucky: he didn't have to kill. Optimus, Bumblebee, Will and the military had most of that burden but the one that it probably fell hardest on was Sam. He killed Megatron. No matter how heroic that was it couldn't have been easy to kill someone especaily for someone who'd never seen battle before. The soldiers were used to the idea of having to kill even Ratchet knew he might have to but Sam didn't. He killed Megatron without planning it and in self-defense but it was probably harder on him than on Ratchet.
Bluebird Soaring chapter 1 . 10/16/2007
You did an excellent job capturing his soul, that is for sure! It must be heart wrenching to see his friends go off every day into battle, wondering if they will come back and if he will have to watch them die in spite of his best efforts. The depth of his character is skimmed over too often IMHO.
Calger chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Wow, this story's just as good as your other one, fantastic writing here, I love the detail and the background on Ratchet's character. I'm not too familiar with the cartoon either, so I definitely feel your frustration on the limits of the movie version. I think you've managed to conquer that nicely; Ratchet feels very real and three-dimensional, and you really feel for what he's had to go through. Nice job! :D
Mikkeneko chapter 1 . 8/31/2007
This is, unquestionably, the most beautiful Transformers fiction I have ever read. You pulled off your intentions masterfully; I'm not sure where to begin telling you all the things that worked beautifully for me. But the combination of low-key, but still very vivid and human feelings and passions and emotions, correctly stated with all the right contexts and codes to make them not humans but *Autobots,* is really what made it for me. This was a story of a doctor and a pacifist during wartime, and it struck just the right note for that, but it was also the story of an alien, an Autobot and a warrior.

I liked Ratchet already - less through the movie than through the novels and fanfics I've read since then - but I think this fic has made me genuinely fall in love with him as a character. Bravo.