Reviews for Fooling Yourself
MMShadow chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
I love how you wrote Dean's angst after WIAWSNB. What always made me practically cry was the fact that Dean left the dream world where he and everyone could be happy because he missed /his/ Sam and didn't want to leave him alone, only to have Sam die in the next episode. :( He sold his soul for Sam because it's his job to protect him, and he still didn't realize just how much Sam needs him, too.
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
Aww.. if Sammy jealous because Hilly manage to 'wake' Dean when he -somehow- failed, then I'm jealous at both of them! (eh? I thought I'm jealous at Dean just now?!)

Dean sure dense! He's so loved, yet he didn't realise that before... tsk tsk tsk
I envy him... I'm jealous...

Nice fic!
katherine chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
i love hilly shes such a bad ass! this whole thing was just great great! loved it
Abby chapter 1 . 3/27/2010
This was little hard to read towards the end because my eyes had tears in them. I absolutely loved this! You did a great, great job. Thanks for sharing. :)
Crimson Ivy chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
The WIAWNSB episode made me thinking a lot. It was... surprising. And not quite convincing. I mean, it was supposed to be a perfect world, right? Dreamland. A piece of paradise created for a specific person... so why this paradise was so not-ideal?

I like your idea presented in this story, that Dean’s own mind didn’t let him to be entirely happy there. Like you wrote: “You didn’t even give yourself Sam”.

I like your character, Hilly. I know her from Bloodlines. She is a great partner for boys! SPN definitely needs more good, strong, feminine characters! :)
Merisha chapter 1 . 5/15/2009
ROFL :D - trust Hilly to get through to Dean :D - glad that both Sammy and Hilly managed to pull him back from the brink of despair ... and with tequila ROFL :D - wonderful stuff!

Hugs and luv

Mish :D
bhoney chapter 1 . 5/10/2009
This was really sweet: "No Dean, we need you because we love you. You, not some idealized you, not because of anything you’ve done, only the fact that you are Dean. That’s all we need. You.”

And this was really sad, but true: “You didn’t even give yourself Sam. Everyone, except you.” Poor Dean. Glad Hilly and Sam got through to him.
JenBurch chapter 1 . 4/27/2008
Aw, geez... *dumbstruck* What else can I really say?

Great fic!
gidgetgal9 chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
I loved your OFC- Hilly so I was thrilled to see her turn up in another little story! It would be nice for the guys to have a female touch in their lives on the show- I would love to see more of Ellen or Missouri- so it is nice in our little fan fiction world to see that happen!
riquitv chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
wow, you really know how to write stories, i love this one, thanks again for taking the time to write it. :)
Twinchy chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
*sigh* Just what I needed right now - someone (in this case two!) telling Dean he's loved for just himself and that he's a dense idiot for not knowing it.

Hilly is really a likable original character of yours. She's cool and it's great someone like her is around to kick both boys' respective a* from time to time - we all know they need it (that's what I love about Bobby too on the show)!

As for what Sam thought about their Dad causing Dean's inner belief he's not needed, not only do I agree with you, I'm sure John knew that very well too and hated himself for it.

I just disagree with you on one tiny little point in the story: whereas you're right about Dean putting everyone before his own happiness (even in the encounter with the Djinn), there was something/~one he had for himself too: Carmen!

Sure, there were still major problems for him to solve and it was far from a perfect fantasy, especially concerning his relation with Sam, but Dean really seemed to like his girlfriend a LOT - and I can see why.

Honestly, should Dean EVER meet her in person, I'm pretty certain he'd marry her on the spot IMHO. She understood him deeply.

To me, he denied himself to be happy more by leaving than he would have by staying - and not only because his family was mainly happy in the Djinn's AU.
TraSan chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
I really liked Hilly! She added to the scene without stealing from the boys (not an easy feat).

Plus she was just plain fun and her remark after Dean said, "Bite me?"

"Not if Sam's going to be back."

Bwahahahahahaha. Loved it.

WIAWNSB is one of my all time favorite eppy's and this rounded it out nicely.
ukfan101 chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
oh Another great story that you wrote. thanks for that one.
rholou chapter 1 . 9/19/2007
nice story, i like hilly she seems very real. thanks for posting
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Nice tag. WIAWSNB broke my heart in two when I watched it. When is Dean going to realize his worth? He gives up everything for everyone else, never thinking about what he wants or needs. He was broken after that episode and I think that you have captured Dean very well in that time. He probably would shut Sam out - can't have any "chick-flick" moments - but the loss would eat away at him.

I like Hilly - she's a perky, self-assured, no-nonsense woman. Just the kind of good friend Dean needs. Glad that she could make Dean listen - he doesn't do that well at listening.

Great tag. Thanks for sharing this with us. Until next time...