Reviews for Strangers we've Met
AnotherGuest chapter 17 . 6/26/2016
Great story!
I wonder though - will there be consequences for Rose because she hears the drums now? Or is that just temporary?
Eagle Hawke chapter 5 . 3/31/2015
Yep. TORCHWOOD ruins everything... except this once!
2maluv chapter 3 . 10/23/2014
OMFG TORCHWOOD IS AN ANAGRAM OF DOCTOR WHO. MINDBLOWN.

Seriously. I think I just sat and stared at it for five minutes. I feel like the universe (or the Doctor Who 'verse anyway) has suddenly gained new meaning...
mlynch13 chapter 15 . 10/27/2012
amazing
CosmicEssence chapter 16 . 1/25/2011
Oh yeah there's something I forgot. What happens when the Doctor regenerates again? Will Rose morph like Jack, though Jack ages so maybe not. And when she was Bad Wolf she wanted to be sure the Doctor wasnt alone, were you thinking then that once the Doctor really and truly dies that the Bad Wolf would leave or dissipate because its job is now done? Or were you thinking this was a complately permament change and Rose would live forever and ever? OR since she can probably make a real Time Lord not a Time Lord could she also do it for herself as well?
CosmicEssence chapter 17 . 1/25/2011
God I LOVE this fic! I'm not sure if i can tell you how much.

9 and 10's fighting was brilliant, and well I can just see the actors playing those parts its done so well. The same with Jack and Martha. 3 and 5 were harder to recall...3 was easier than 5 but it has been a while since ive seen those episodes :p

Rose and 9's interaction especially at the end almost make you want 'them' to be together despite the series and 3 and 5's reaction the the whole thing especially at the beginning with the fighting was really amusing. Actually no just having 4 of them together or whenever they were mentioned doing something together well its a wonder they managed to work as a team beig the same man really and not end up in argueing all the time _

Also like 10 being honest with Rose at the end and the whole memory replay, particularly where we see the groups reaction alongside. I do like it when people go through memories like that into a condensed down version.

The ending is also just perfect. Using the line strangers we've met works well and I can't help but think maybe this sort of thing would have been good for the Doctor because now he's not so sure and arrogant of himself but more suspicious and wary of what he can and will do. Does that make sense?

Anyway, really really enjoyed this. Loved the work on each of the characters, even on the other Jack (sorta an insight into how her Jack might have been like) and Martha's own want to be recognised and her jealousy (even though i never really liked Martha that much...must admit i prefered her to Donna immensely but thats mostly because i cant stand Catherine Tate lol). Did feel that a little viewpoint from Martha about 'giving up' might have been necessary to add...I mean even in the series we got the idea she wasnt going to stay long with him as she never really seemed to get 'into it' quite so much but well I just felt you concentrated on her a fair bit before hand and then just skipped over her at the end didnt really balance out.

The only real critcism I have for this (and yes I know this review is probably riddled with the like but thats cause I dont really proofread them) is that you make quite alot of grammatical errors. Your spelling is fine and little things arent a problem. But you have a habit of wording sentences the wrong way round or putting in more words than is needed. Like chapter 16 you say "...waiting for a clear area private are." When you obviously mean "..waiting for a clear private area.". This is just one example but each chapter is full of sentences similar to it. I know I have a habit of wording somethings in an odd way and it really doesnt matter, I mean why should everything be said in only one particular way? Its just that only works if the new way actually makes sense. Some of your phrases, not many and none I can think of off the top of my head, didnt.

But otherwise, yeah arent enough words in my vocabularly to describe this one. New fan and NEW FAV! Thanks :D
Miss Snazzy chapter 17 . 8/24/2010
Great chapter. It's a shame you've decided not to make a sequel because I would really love to read it if you did. After all that, it almost seems unfair not to see the Doctor and Rose together for their first adventure in hundreds of years (at least, for Rose). I think watching Rose's life play out like that and finally understanding without a doubt how Rose felt about him and what his lack of declarations did to her...he was finally able to tell her he loves her. I'm glad she got her moment with Nine too. There are so many possibilities with this.. Like how if Jack becomes the Face of Boe, what will happen to Rose? Will she end up morphing like that? And what would happen after the Doctor's final regeneration? Would she just be alone forever? I mean, I'd say she'd always have Jack...but eventually he dies too.

Anyway, this story was absolutely fantastic. You are an amazing writer. I'm definitely going to be taking a look at your other stories... Probably "Out of Time". Thanks for writing. It was a pleasure to read. )
Miss Snazzy chapter 16 . 8/24/2010
Another great chapter. I can't wait to find out how this ends. I can't believe there's only one more chapter and it's over. Rose basically became Jack in this, I think. I'm glad she didn't just sit around collecting dust. Seems she's done just about everything..
Miss Snazzy chapter 15 . 8/24/2010
Amazing chapter. I cried again, though that's hardly surprising I suppose. The most hearbreaking thing about this is that the Doctor was all about feeling guilty for taking Rose away from her family, from a normal life, but here she's been stuck and has to watch everyone she loves die...just like him. And now they get to watch her suffer, watch her be tortured for ten years.. It's just so heartbreaking. I am so happy this is so long. The longer the better. The writing is brilliant, the emotions so raw... Really, this is fantastic.
Miss Snazzy chapter 14 . 8/24/2010
Great chapter. I had more tears during that. I can't wait to find out what happened to Rose after that.
Miss Snazzy chapter 13 . 8/24/2010
Fantastic chapter. I loved that they got to see how Ten's leaving hurt her...especially Nine. I had tears during Rose and Mickey's conversation about that.. I wonder what the other Doctor thinks, since he wasn't in love with Rose like Nine and Ten.
Miss Snazzy chapter 12 . 8/24/2010
Great chapter. I love that they're getting to see everything through Rose's eyes...to understand how she felt about everything. Now Martha might start to understand the Doctor and Rose's relationship. I wonder what happened to the Master.. It was interesting to see Rose's memory of being the Bad Wolf...just running towards herself/Bad Wolf in a forest..
Miss Snazzy chapter 11 . 8/24/2010
Great chapter. Usually it's kind of daunting to read adventures we've already seen, but I don't feel that way about this. I love the commentary from the Doctors, Jack, and Martha. I would've expected Jack to mention how Gwyneth is identical to Gwen from Torchwood..
Miss Snazzy chapter 10 . 8/24/2010
Great chapter. I loved this glimpse into Rose's life.
Miss Snazzy chapter 9 . 8/24/2010
I am...so confused. I get that the Master sent that copy of himself to the alternate universe to retrieve Rose. He then plans to record all her memories on that device for his true self to play to the Doctor, which will also wipe them from her head? What I don't understand is why Rose isn't being detained in the same way the others are? Why did she get the shower, the haircut, and the new clothes? Why is she sitting all chummy on the counter next to the Doctor? Does she know the Master? She didn't seem to when Jack mentioned him. I'm glad you told us in the author's note that Rose isn't with the Master, that it's a plot, but I'm really confused about how she even got to that point in the first place.