Reviews for Painting The Sky
Quis Custodiet chapter 1 . 9/17/2015
This is a pretty interesting story, but I can't help but shake the feeling that it's internally inconsistent in how it portrays Haruhi's feelings. It just seems that she is bouncing around too much between blaming other people, blaming herself, and feeling powerless against "forces". I can understand that people might vacillate in their feelings somewhat, but this seems to be a little bit too much considering at the end of the story one of these feelings she has is evidently strong enough for her to remake the world with her powers (it's inferred that she does this subconsciously).

Now, this isn't really a problem thematically with the story, I just don't understand what triggers this. It appears she's just merely flopped on her bed and then out of a moment of spite (and that's really the tone that you set, she's spiteful) she recreates reality. I would have expected that in some of the previous interactions you wrote that she would have had a much stronger reaction at the time than the one that eventually triggers this change.

So, in that light the story seems a little uneven to me - like it's not really building up to a crescendo or climax, but instead sort of spinning around, having started and ended with similar tones until there is an arbitrary stopping point.

Anyway, nice prose.
Le Lynx des Neiges chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
Haruhi is like, the most original character ever made, but it's easy to, somehow, forget her. We're always behind Kyon's eyes, in the side of the world that is fun and that she wants more that anything, but can't even see, and it's easey to forget what she must be feeling, all alone, whereas she's so interesting. Thank you for reminding me this. And writing such a beautiful story.
Gabriel's Trumpet chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
You kidding me? Losing your touch? Heck, this is one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've read in a while. Good job!
higher than sky high chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
i really like this! like in a "ahh it's so good but it's so sad ;_;" kinda way. the last line seems to imply many things eh. or maybe you just put that in there for dramatic effect. P either way, it makes me wonder

nice job~
Kuma-cchi chapter 1 . 11/15/2007
Really nice. Loved it. Keep writing
Sol Falling chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
Consistent, if not a little bleak (just the ending. :P)

I liked it. I'd been hesitating to look at Haruhi fanfiction (I've got a more rigid perspective on these characters than in most other anime) but this didn't disappoint. Thank you for writing this.
kindersuprised chapter 1 . 9/26/2007
Love, love, love. This brought tears to my eyes, and I really loved how you wrote. I thought you captured a different side of her quite well, and I just wanted to say that I loved it.
Arty d'Arc chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Reviewing again after doing so on LJ to reiterate how excellent this story is. Just very, very beautiful and well written.
SakuraAyanami chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Audley chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Oh WOW that was good. That was incredible. That was everything wrapped up in a little ball and put into a box with a shiny bow on it and a tag that says, "Here is the amazing thing, known to many as simply 'Haruhi' (although it encompasses so much more) now take it and see for yourself how freaking amazing it is."

I applaud you. And I'm sorry that sounds so cheesy, but I mean it. This deserves applause. A standing ovation, at the very least.

I'll stop before I embarrass myself. ;P

ilovesoup1 chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Forget about the first reviewer. Parenthesis can be used in any way you the author would like as long as it's in a proper fashion.

Other than that, it was really great fic and it definitely gives another perspective to Haruhi.
Renhi chapter 1 . 8/26/2007

this is very nicely written:D

good job!
dudelol222 chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Don't abuse the parentheses. That's not what they're used for.