Reviews for Hate is a fourletter word
Arilaen chapter 30 . 6/20/2010
Wow... and wow. I'm going to write a longish review though with comments because I think that you are a great writer, but I wanted to share my thoughts on what I thought of this story (which I only halted reading because of a backpacking trip, it took me two days to read this! D)

This has a great premise and got me caught from the beginning, thanks for a great read! I did think that it got a bit long at parts and the suffering/torturing were drawn out beyond what my power to "suspend disbelief" could withstand by the middle. And then there was the demon in Sam's head... that was never really explained or resolved, and I would have been infinitely more satisfied if they had killed the demon and then helped Sam recover from his injuries and insecurities afterwards - and recovering from rape is more than difficult enough to handle in itself without mind invasion involved (and, again, never really resolved). This story just tossed forward more issues than it ultimately dealt with - Sam's rape at 12 and his treatment by John afterwards, the former of which Dean never found out about (I think) and the latter of which was never really resolved and was forgotten about by about the latter half of the story, and then the medical issues - no one's going to survive internal bleeding along with the other injuries Sam had early on (like chapter 3?) all the way up to near the end without treatment, so that was also hard for me to swallow. I love hurtSam stories, but I can only enjoy them when I actually see it as something happening on the show (in an ideal episode/season for me with writers that don't have the boys miraculously bouncing back each time) or in real life. (Erm... real life plus demons.)

So basically I think that it was a good story, but I think it could have been improved by choosing issues to focus on and going all the way with them... you could have focused on the rapes and how those affected Sam with the demon getting defeated and no mind invasion or mind invasion for just a few chapters to give time to resolve Sam's insecurities, imperfectly or not but in a way that is realistic and satisfying, OR you could have focused on the demon mind control thing, but without the rapes and beyond-life-threatening injuries happening every few hours. Add a resolution to the white supremacy group with possible rehab for some kids once the demon's gone and an explanation for why little Sammy can talk without talking if that happened and I would be beyond satisfied.

Thanks again for an awesome read that kept me occupied for hours without stopping when I could help it D I can't wait to read more of your stories!
doyleshuny chapter 20 . 10/6/2009
OMG Poor Sammy! ): I feel horrible for him. I feel hrrible for Dean too. JEESE! I REALLY hate those guys who raped poor Sammy. I really hope that they find them and rip them to pieces! EXCELLENT STORY THOUGH! I just feel so bad.
doyleshuny chapter 9 . 10/6/2009
I really am enjoying this fanfic a lot. The only thing is that Sammy was raped when he was 12 and we're just finding out about this now? I'm just totally not shocked that John would have so easily blamed Sammy for it. Big freakin surprise. I was never a huge John Winchester fan because of the way he favored Dean over Sammy. He never even really tried to hide it. The second Sammy started asking about things that bothered him John flipped out. I always thought Bobby was more of a father then John ever was. EXCELLENT JOB!
doyleshuny chapter 2 . 8/18/2009
I really love this! It's very well written! I'm Jewish so needless to say I've heard my fair share of names! I have a ton of gay friends that have known more pain and heart ache then they deserve. Plus you use Sammy and Dean so it HAS to be awesome! EXCELLENT JOB!
Tacpebs chapter 30 . 4/30/2009
I still don't like the word end, but it's cool if I have something to look forward to. Very interestingly, written, story you have here and I await the next. Awesome read!
SamDeanLover28 chapter 30 . 4/29/2009
sammygirl1963 chapter 30 . 4/28/2009
Awesome chapter Shelley, and I think it is a wonderful idea to link this story with War...What's it gGood For-the two stories link together so wel and I love the fact that Sammy is much stronger and will be able to face them head on!
skag trendy chapter 30 . 4/28/2009
You are so trying to make me drool with jealously! Getting to meet our boys like that. And GLOATING of all things...can't say I blame ya girl! LOL!

So we're at the end of this stage of the story, and it's been quite a ride!

You've had quite a busy year all in all, so you've done really well to keep going with must have been a rather difficult story to write. Hate crimes are so emotive and it's always a worry how people are going to react. But you did a great job and handled it well.

Cheers babes.

Kind regards,

ST x
RedDragen chapter 29 . 4/18/2009
You did another great job on the story, This story for the longest time was hard for me to read because I help children who was hurt by loved ones so it was hard. But I like reading your stories so I kept trying. I look forward to the next one.
Tacpebs chapter 29 . 4/9/2009
That's just scary, but good! Next chapter please!
sammygirl1963 chapter 29 . 4/6/2009
Awesome chapter once again Shelley. It's so good to see Sammy recurperating and actually able to move on his own, but it's heartbreaking to see him struggling so much. I just want to wrap my arms around him and hug away all the pain!

Oh crap, Sammy is in no shape to help fight what he just saw in his vision-dang what a mess!
fireball1012 chapter 29 . 4/6/2009
loved it great chapter can't wait to see what happens next please hurry and update soon
skag trendy chapter 29 . 4/6/2009
Wow! Trouble rises once again. Loved this chapter. Dean is so sweet with his injured little brother.

Demon-Will is rather worrying, but Sam's vision is even worse because it seems our possessed friend is telling the truth. But what are the implications for the Bobby and the Winchesters? How will they be dragged into this?

And the way Will is staring at Sam...(shudders)

Nice one mate!

Kind regards,

ST x
SamDeanLover28 chapter 29 . 4/6/2009
AquarianNightSky chapter 28 . 3/30/2009
Oh what a tangled web you weave. I love your stories. And I can't wait for you to update this one, as well as several of your others. Get crackin missy. :-)