Reviews for Growing Pains and Orange Bitters
Guest chapter 2 . 7/21/2012
Oh crap.
Now half the gang thinks Mikey's got a crush on CASEY?
I don't know who I pity more-the bonehead, April, Raph, or Mikey!
Garmadron chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
Uh… uh.

I think that's the longest single chapter I've ever read on a fanfic. And good god I love Mikey's awkwardness so bad.

Great fanfic! :)
Dreamless Dream chapter 9 . 11/23/2011
I just...loved every word and letter of this!

I couldn't stop reading it, I was up almost the hole night because I couldn't tear my eyes of it!

It had everything I wanted from a story!

The way you kept them in character, even if you added in your own views and changes, was just brilliant! :D

It's really a great story and I hope you won't dicontinue it,

and hopefully uptade it soon!
Luleiya chapter 1 . 4/16/2011
...I have so much on my mind I don't even know where to start.

This has been the longest, yet most amazing TMNT fanfiction I have ever read. You made me see a side of Michelangelo I never really thought about, yet alone imagined being there. It's amazing how your narration changes with how the character himself changes, starting with pure Mikey-humor (brilliant humor, I might add), crumbling slowly, through paranoia to downright depression and self-distruction.

You really manage to suck in the reader with your story-telling. Honestly, I never supported the idea of Leo/Mikey - heck, it never once crossed my mind as a possibility...and in a way I'm glad you didn't take the prompt to really make the pairing happen. No, you concentrated on Mikey and everything he went through from start to end. The narration never trailed off into something it shouldn't be and I trully admire you for that. Never have I read such a deep, one-character-focused story.

I literally couldn't put it down (which isn't helping when it's 4 a.m. already xD). Not to mention the emotional rollercoaster got so intense at some points that I just couldn't stop the tears. And the most amazing part: I had no clue how you'd manage to untangle the emotional mess you put Mikey into until almost the very end. Which is a lot to say - it's hard to be unpredictable. In fact, I was afraid of possible character death or something very unfitting...but the ending was just as brilliant and prefect in every sense as was everything else.

You gave Mikey a whole new layer of character. Just brilliant.

Thank you so much for writing this piece of gem. (Btw...wasn't there supposed to be an epilogue? o.o)

I look forward to your updates with Ouroboros Complex, it's also got me very intrigued. ;3

Keep up the awesome work! 3
AncientHistory chapter 9 . 3/25/2011
update soon pleae.
Turtle Kid the Woolgatherer chapter 9 . 2/17/2011
This is one of the few TMNT fanfics I've read that I actually like! The crush is so awkward and the feelings are amazing, and everyone's in character! Kind of upset that there's no epilogue, but I'll live! This is great! Thank you for writing such a wonderful story!
whenshewasgood chapter 9 . 1/12/2011
This was amazing. You have gone so deep and written Michelangelo so well. I am in awe.

I wrote Quadrangle because I was inspired by this, but mine is a pale imitation.
RamenNoodlesXD chapter 9 . 6/17/2010
Augh... I love this story to pieces... I swear I must've re-read it over a few... thousand times or so...

Ahem, well, what I'm *saying* is that...

Oh, to heck with it! I love love love this story, and I don't *care* if I sound like a psychopath or not! I wish there was a sequel and all, but really, I'm totally *way* more than satisfied with what you have right now! This should definitely go in some sort of Hall of Fame, or maybe "Hall of Epicness, and Other Adjectives That Are the Synonym of Epicness"!

... And now, I shall stop ranting everyone's ears off.
paintupurple chapter 9 . 5/27/2010
*applauds for like a billion years*

That was SO GOOD. Aaaahhhh I love this story so so so SO much! 3 3 It's just awesome. I have NO idea how you were able to develop the characters and yet make it totally fit, like I could imagine them doing all this stuff! And even though Mikey reverted back to himself at the end of the fic, he was different, and changed, and developed in an amazing and believable way.

I never thought I could be so completely satisfied by a one-sided Mikey/Leo fic of all things, but you went ahead and proved me wrong. It's such a different couple from the norm, and I kind of really love it. I now ship Mikey/Leo. Totally.

Also, friggin best way to end it. xD Bedazzling his katanas? Ahahaha I just about died laughing! Silly Mikey and his pranks.

Awesometastic. x3
AngelsDawn chapter 7 . 11/5/2009
I forgot to mention in my previous review that I reviewed that particular chapter because it happens to be my favorite. There's something oddly satisfying to have a breakdown...if I had been in Mikey's position (dealing with family, criminals, sexuality, and incest), I probably would've broken under the pressure a long time ago. So I thought that his breakdown was beautifully written.

Thank you for writing it. You have great talent.
AngelsDawn chapter 6 . 11/5/2009
I love angst,slash, and inner turmoil. So when I stumbled onto your story, I became addicted. After being glued to the computer screen, reading this entire story, favoriting it, I took a break to think of the utter brilliance of this story. Then I came back to read it again.

I love how complex everything is and how realistic you made everything. I loved Mikey's despair at being helpless to his situation and how Leo still tried to be his brother despite his discomfort at the problem. I loved how I couldn't predict what was going to happen next. And despite the cliffhanger ending, I loved that you gave us readers something to think about.

Although I eagerly await an epilogue or even a sequel, seeing the "complete" marking on this fic discourages me a bit. Hopefully my review will encourage and/or inspire you to continue on with this story. I'm sure that many would love to see what happens next.
Danyshi chapter 9 . 8/28/2009
Perhaps I'm making a question already made but, do you intend to continue this one? I really think that the distance can be good for them, but when he gets back what'll have changed? I ask this questions (and like every Yaoi/Slash fangirl there is) and hope for the better.

Sorry if I'm repeating someone else and if there's a next piece ehere can I find it?

Thanks!

Ps.: I read this fic like... last year and remembered it so well that I started readint it again! Awesome work, want more! (read above)
anna chapter 9 . 7/10/2009
I wonder if you have any plans for an epilogue (spell check) for this. Although, the chances may be severely slim, it doesn't hurt to wonder and hope I guess. :)

A very bittersweet (yet cliffhanging) fic. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent to us.
LordJames01 chapter 9 . 7/7/2009
m... look...

I'm a big fan of this story because it had such a realistic take on the subject. The helplessness Michelangelo felt was done exquisitely well and taking into account the effects of the lack of food intake, is more than i can say for most other fanfics out there that cover the topic of depression and the like. Big fan really, mostly because I've been through this and I know what it feels like and may i just say you portrayed it well. (Really, the fact that you mentioned an eating disorder related to Mikey's depression took me by surprise, some writers don't take this into consideration at all)

Problem is, the conclusion. It's such a cliffhanger! lol

I wish you'd write a sequel but i guess that might be asking for too much :)

Good job here anyway :D
DragonSapphire chapter 9 . 3/25/2009
I was wondering how you could possibly end this story with so much yet to be fixed and addressed with Michelangelo's emotions still for his brother, and while there is no definite resolution, I think Mikey did the best thing he could have under the circumstances.

Absolutely wonderful work! I enjoyed reading it very much, even (especially) when I was tearing up. ;)
268 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »