Reviews for TMNT: SHE IS: Mother
MsMarvelDuckie chapter 1 . 2/28
Oh, I LOVE this! Mikey is just so- Mikey. LoveloveloveloveLOVE it! The jokes... So funny. Especially that last one. Ah, Mikester is my favorite, and you've really done him justice. And that ending- perfect.
ravenshell chapter 1 . 2/17
Sweet story. And haha, the Pink Lady joke... I used to drive all my friends crazy with that joke (slight variant, in my version, she was always getting out of her pink bath to answer the door to a bunch of salesmen because there was a convention and all the rooms in town were booked... 2 out of 3 salesmen prefer Cheerios to Wheaties.) Nicely incorporated without getting overbearing. ;)
Firebird Scratches chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
:happy sigh: This is so Mikey. Trying to fix everything with humor. What a sweetie.
Aster Sapphire chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
This was by far my favorite one. "April's not supposed to cry-nothing's supposed to hurt her." I LOVED that line.
PenAndInkPrincess chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
Haha. I wasn't sure where that pink story was going. I was trying to figure out what the punchline was going to be and I couldn't figure it out.

Great job!
I Love Kittens too chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Lovely! I love how Mikey makes April laugh when she is sad.
MNRD chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Yes! Thank you so much for writing this!

I first stumbled upon these stories after watching TMNT. I hadn't seen it in forever, and I was browsing around for a good story involving April( I don't think she was in the movie enough) I can safely say that I hit the jack pot with your stories :D They were exactly what I was hoping to find. Beautifully done, all four of them.
Avitala chapter 1 . 3/17/2009
It's simple. Two out of three people perfer Cheerios to Rice Crispies.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Kallasilya chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Grr, that last anon review was me. It SAID I was signed in before I hit 'submit'. Stupid computer P
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2008
Aw, Mikey. You bring out his kiddish qualities in his relationship with April so well here. I think most kids will always remember the first time they see a parent cry. It's a difficult experience when the nurturer needs nurturing, and Mikey bravely steps up to the task.

(Incidentally? I'm a big fan of those extremely long, repetitive jokes where the punchline is something totally pointless. Hee!)
morning sun chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Holy cow! My head is spinning with the number of times I read the word pink. :)

This was great, and I'm off the read the other three now. I can’t believe it took me this long to find you, you’re awesome! And Mikey is adorable and exactly how I picture him. This is definitely one of my favorites. I loved it. A really, REALLY, great job, one of the best TMNT based fic’s I’ve read.
shadowglove chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
Aw! I loved this!
Firebrat chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
Wow, Kevin Laird! I love that other series he's done, Immature Radioactive Samurai Slugs! The guy's talented enough for two people!

Nice to read something a little more lighthearted after your Raphael/Amber stuff. I would like to see more from the other Turtles' POV...I love Raph but he's just so grim all the time! Looking forward to reading your take on Leo's inner monologue, he's my second favourite.

I will never forgive you for that Pink joke. I groaned like Chewbacca at the punchline...though I will be stealing your John the Baptist/Winnie the Pooh gag for my own personal use ;)
Dierdre chapter 1 . 11/6/2007
Ah, Mikey, how do I love thee? By last count, in about thirty-seven different ways, even though I can't write you for squat.

Ah, well, that's why I'm glad there are so many fanfic writers out there that can do what I can't. I need my Mikey fix!

First of all, I quite enjoyed Mikey's narrative voice in this story. It's just as hyperactive and humorous as I've come to expect from him, but it's also seeded with poetic intelligence and a lovely depth of character, which is a bit rarer to find in fanfiction. It was a treat to read, to be sure.

*Makes a happy noise* The situation was serious at that moment (when Mikey contemplated revenge as he held April in his arms), but I couldn't help but grin at Mike's Raph-like thoughts. It's good to see him angry now and again, especially when it's executed in a believable fashion.

Heh... I was right there with April when Mikey finally got to the punch-line of the pink joke. I stared at the computer screen for a second, blinked, and then proceeded to giggle loudly enough for my boyfriend to poke his head in and ask if I'd lost my mind. Since all I could do was point at the computer screen and giggle like a moron, I think he figured out the answer for himself. :P

And of course, the flashback scene that came along with the joke was wonderful. April dogs the heels of the boys in the order of my affections, outdistancing even Casey and Splinter, so I love it when I find a fic that actually does her justice. *Cups her hands around her mouth and shouts* Hear me, all you guys and gals of the fanfic world: April needs more love!

In summation, this fic equals awesome. Brava, chica!
sunbune chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
Oh, how adorable! I love this. LOVE it! Mikey's feelings towards April are so endearing and completely in character and I loved his jokes. The ending made me tear up a little too. poor April.

The best line, I thought, was: "I credit this largely to myself being so charming and irresistible." giggle! I love Mikey! And whatever else she may be, (especially to Don, heh heh) April is definitely the Wendy to Splinter's tribe of Lost Boys. I haven't seen nearly enough fanfiction recognizing April's role as a "mother" in the turtle's family, so I really appreciated this heartwarming one-shot! Can't wait to read the rest of the series!