Reviews for TMNT: SHE IS: Sister
Aster Sapphire chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I ALWAYS come back to these little stories and they NEVER get old. EVER!
I Love Kittens too chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Raph was kind of rude at the beginning withApril, but at the end he felt comfortable to be by her side. Nice!
Tashilover chapter 1 . 6/9/2009
I love reading your April reflective fics. They're wonderful and heartwarming. There's a lot of people who don't like April and I'm glad to see that you point out there's a reason April is so important to the Turtles.
Ed's Tomato chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
Really well written. Kudos.
saralinda chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Your writing has given me a much more nuanced, textured vision of these characters, particularly Raphael.
morning sun chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
I have one of my famous *big stupid grin's * on right now. This was amazing!

I love the element of touching her hair. It was almost poetry, as corny as that sounds. And your writing is so excellent. It has a flow and rhythm to it that’s easy to follow but is also very eloquent. I can’t wait for the next part, so I'll cut this review short so I can get to it! Wonderful job though!
shadowglove chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
love love love love. i always thought raphael was a grumpy teddy bear...laughs...
wedgie chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
I think this tale is wonderful. The language is beautiful and flows very well. The innuendo is perfect. Thank you.
Firebrat chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
I've told you before how good you were at doing Raphael, so I'll try not to repeat myself. Suffice to say you have his character nailed, probably more than any of the other Turtles (but then you have written an awful lot about him, so it's to be expected).

April suits the "big sister" role very well. Raph doesn't like admitting when he needs help, so it's nice to see he can let her help him and not be *too* resentful about it. She understands his swollen pride and works around it.

A nice little story in your set that builds April up through the eyes of the Turtles themselves. I have yet to read the Leo and Donnie ones, looking forward to that.
Dierdre chapter 1 . 11/4/2007
"I attack the night like a battering ram, splitting it in two, so that it leaps either side of me, scorched by my fury."

That right there is a thing of beauty. It's a simple sentence, yet poetic and powerful, and it draws the reader in like a net. Awesome.

*Huffs* I had started out this review with the intention of seeding it with comments as I reread the story. Silly of me to even try, since I was sucked in almost immediately. Raph's narrative voice was excellently written -and the emotions depicted within were realistic and complex and so perfectly RAPH- that once I started reading, I just couldn't stop.

So now I'm at the end, staring at this dang blinking cursor and wondering what else to say besides 'Wow.' Luckily for me I never shut up, though, otherwise this might be embarrassing.

You know, before I started working on 'Fade,' extensive interactions between Raph and April didn't really register on my radar. I love both characters, and they obviously care for each other in the canon, but their personalities seemed so very different that I couldn't picture them associating with each other for any length of time. They just seemed... incompatible.

As I worked on the story, though, I came to the conclusion that I'd been mistaken. Sure, they are two very different people, but that doesn't mean that they can't form a strong, solid bond. Their mutual stubbornness, strength of character and unflinching devotion to those they regard as family would be enough for them to find common ground, and a healthy dollop of time would take care of the rest. What you have written here is an endearing example of the depth of caring they hold for each other (even if it's largely unvoiced), as well as a very plausible explanation as to how such a thing would come about.

In other words: perfection. I'm starting to sense a pattern here, where my opinion of your writing is concerned. :P

And I have to say that I especially enjoyed the description of April's hair. I'm a red-head myself, so perhaps my opinion is colored with a tinge of hubris, but I can't help but think that red hair is beautiful. You described the subtle layers of color, as well as the feel and smell of it, so wonderfully that I could almost feel the spider silk slide of it between my fingers.

So... yeah. This fic is full of win and awesome. Thank you for the very kind mention, and thank you especially for writing a fic that fills me with a gentle warmth.
sunbune chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
aww! poor Raph! Gotta admit I like the idea of Raph/April too...

of course Raph was the suspicious one when they first met. somebody had to be, after all. Loved the remembered encounter when he asked to touch her hair. (such a beautiful moment! and I just love April so much for indulging him!) Favorite line: "Sheesh. Women. How they could manage to talk so much about nothin’ amazed me. Or at least, how this one did. I didn’t really know any other women."

reminds me of one of Raphael's lines in the old toon actually, when either Donny or Leo says "You know women" and Raph's quick to correct him with "No we don't, She's the first one we ever met!"

These little April-centric stories are such a treat! I'm completely entranced. Love how even Raph can wax poetic here, talking about scorching the night with his fury and so forth. Lovely imagery!
OSYH chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Oh, I loved this! I did recognize that scene from Deirdre, her story was really good too.

Aw, siblings! Cause of the red, no? :)

Raph's such a sweetheart, I guess he learned how to respect a woman from April.
Jessiy Landroz chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Heh, I knew the hair touching part was familier, I just disn't remember who worte it because I was sure it wasn't originally you, XD; everyone gets inspired from someone or something else, so this actually made sense when woven together :D

I liked Raph's inner struggle, needs to stay cool and ignore the pain, but in the same time angry and frustrated because of more than just one thing on his mind... the guy thinks of just way too many things, he needs to live up a little... but then again, it wouldnt be Raph if he DID mellow out, now would it XD;
KriStALKaLEi chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
I thought the hair touching sounded familiar! This was a great portrayal of Raph's character. Kinda how I would imagine him to behave with April. Somewhat apprehensive but trusts her whole heartedly. I also loved the other stories...the Don one especially ;) Gotta love the fluff.