Reviews for TMNT: SHE IS: Lover
I Love Kittens too chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Donny is obviously nervous with her. He is very shy to show his feelings. It is lovely how they have a lot things in common and her reaction to the gift. I wish they can together. Love the final part when they embrace each other. So sweet.
Haebel chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
I must tell the truth: I wasn't too eager about Don seeing April merely as a case study. That's because I think Don is the most sociable turtle (Mikey is also sociable but in his strange ways that can make people go crazy XD)

But I don't find strange Don would see April like an occasion to study humans. And then the fanfiction got better and better. I totally love how you have depicted Don's feelings. I loved the scene where Don realized how much she is intelligent and that he could finally have someone with whom share is main passione, science.

I found endearing the gift he has done for her, it's so totally a thing he would do. :)
ChibiMiMi-chan chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
I always wanted them to end up together. And I wanted Leo to end up with Kari. Ever since I was a little girl... watching the Ninja Turtles. It was extremely well written and poetic. Very well done.
Camii chapter 1 . 7/3/2008
I loved that story, ''SHE IS: Lover''! It was so sweet! I have always thought that Donnie was, often, overlooked. I thought, 'Hey! He should have an equal share of the limelight!'. I love stories about him and April, too. They compliment one another. You Savvy? Of course! Great story!
morning sun chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Oh Donny you poor thing, you never had a chance. :)

This is just wonderful... can I say that enough? This is my favorite so far. Don’t know why, but I suspect it had something to do with the way Don accidentally just falls head over heels for her. I loved it!
shadowglove chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
giggles...donnie donnie donnie
Firebrat chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
I like the way Donnie looked at April as a case study at first, the latest in his line of "projects". A very natural way for him to react to this strange new intruder in their lives.

I also like how you made him vain, almost arrogant about his work, that he has a certain sense of superiority due to his technical ability - but he's humble enough to defer to April when she shows her own skill.

Never having written a Turtles fanfic, I can only guess but it seems to me that it's hardest to write a good Donnie than the others, due to his shy and introverted nature. I think you've done a good job - he's a legend in his own mind, but socially he's a little awkward, much more at home in front of a computer screen.
Jacal Ste. Worme chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Aww! Sweetness! Hope there was *more*.. Hehe.
Melya chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Wooh! I think you've made my heart beat a little faster! You write well and your descriptions are poetic, and most of all, your story was captivating and romantic, but not too much. I wouldn't have enjoyed reading a heavy M-rated thing. You focussed on the turtle's feelings, keeping it simple and cute, almost naive, and I loved that. I was very happy to find your text (which I'm putting into my favorites), because I had a similar vision of their relationship and I really like the way you imagined it. Great work, don't stop writing good stuff like that! :)
sunbune chapter 1 . 9/23/2007
Nothing makes me happier than Don/April! I was really intrigued to see the slightly conceited know-it-all side of Donny here- every now and then a good story brings that side of his character to the surface. Once in a rare while in both the old and new cartoon we see him as slightly arrogant, like any young kid would be when he just KNOWS he's smarter than everyone. Can't say I've ever seen a story where he projected some of that arrogance in his feelings for April though.

When I got to this line: "Unlike the others, my interest in her was purely scientific," My reaction was a gleeful MUWAH-HA-HA-HAH! Just you wait, Don, just you wait. And sure enough, by the end of this little story I was totally confident that snob-genius Don would be throwing science out the window and falling head-over-heels in love with April.

My favorite bit here is when she jumps up to let him in- the sweetest line is definitely "I let myself believe she’s especially glad that it’s me." Aww! and for some reason I ADORE that Don notes how she memorizes the page number when she puts down her book- that is just SO DONNY to comment on that! And then he gets all shy and even more adorable: and Don the Science Snob has been defeated! Go April Go!
Donny's Boy chapter 1 . 9/1/2007
I like the entire "She Is" series, but dedicated Don/April shipper that I am, I knew I had to comment on this one in particular. The thing that struck me is that you've taken an approach that I don't recall seeing before-having Don start out as basically indifferent to April. That makes the eventual shift in Don's feelings particularly moving (and, assuming one-sided Don/April, tragic).

Did notice a few points where narrative voice shifted from past to present tense. Not sure whether that was intentional or no.

The last line, by the way, was pure love. Thanks for sharing this story.
vashsunglasses chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Great fic. I love that Donny uses Firefox, Gmail, and Trillian! (just like me!)
OSYH chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Aw, Don's so shy! And what a mind, you've captured him perfectly: the precision, the curiosity. And I was most curious about this part of the series you've written - just cause I like Don/April but I know it won't happen.
Jessiy Landroz chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Major overload on the sensors at the last scene, hope Don doesnt melt from overheating- or turn brown from blushing, (assumign they CAN show a blush for that matter, unless it's merely a fanon thing and they actually cant,) or maybe even both XD;

I like how you made Don's emotional development transform from the 'obliviouse' to the 'obvious' and aknowledge his feelings, because the DonApril things was really interesting in the newtoon, just wish it was possible, as impossible eat it really seems...

On a side notw, near the end of the chapter were two huge paragraphs, the formatting kinda mashed them together- think you can split them or something? They look s alittle cluttered. Aside that, a few missing commas, but nothing else XD