Reviews for TMNT: SHE IS: Family
SleepingSeeker chapter 1 . 1/8
Wow! What a pleasure to read this! Excellent piece. Leonardo is my favorite and I believe you captured his essence very well in this. I could really picture 2k7 Leonardo as I read this. Well done! Consider yourself followed! :D
Lisardo chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Beautifully written! Everything was in-character. Leo has always been the most responsible one, so I could see why he had reservations about training April at first. Tho I also sensed a tinge of romance between the two, just by how he observed her, in a seemingly sensual manner. Course it doesn't help that I'm a huge Leo/April shipper! In any case, the two definitely have great respect for one another, and just by nature, Leo's a very mature and protective type.
I Love Kittens too chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
I love the way Leo talk about April. She is part of his family. I like the part when they were training.
morning sun chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
Oh, that was great. I loved the whole freakin' thing.

And my favorite line in this was, 'a tenderness that felt like a kiss and a firmness that felt like love.'

It was a pretty line, and I like those ones. :)

You should be really proud of these, and I can’t wait to read the rest of your TMNT fiction collection. Very well done!
shadowglove chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
men...er...turtles! Always needing to 'protect' us 'delicate' females!
Firebrat chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
Love this one. I think it's my favourite of the SHE IS series. Winning Leo's trust and respect is probably the hardest of all the Turtles, so it's fitting that this is the last one of the four. Nice positioning, whether or not you intended it ;)

Like all her other aspects, it was nice to see the harder side of April's character. It's the one I can appreciate the most - the fierce determination to do something, even if nothing can be done. Sparring with the Turtles expecting to be beaten, but doing it anyway. Lovely stuff.

Interesting to see Leo take on the fatherly aspect, watching April from a distance like a concerned parent and not interacting directly like the other Turtles in the previous parts of the story. It helps set him apart from the others, as the "grown up" one and (eventual) successor to Master Splinter.

All in all this was a fun series of one shots, and it was good to see into the other three Turtles' minds and find out some more about your version of miss O'Neal's role in the group.
Nameless She chapter 1 . 10/15/2007
After reading the four She Is stories, I have to say, "Wow." The characterization is flawless. The writing is solid. You know how to tell a story (better than most). Will there ever be a fifth from Splinter's POV?
Swallowraven chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
There should be more reviews for this, and for all four of the SHE IS stories. What a beautiful, insightful look at the Turtles both as they relate to April and as individuals. The only thing I would like is to perhaps have them all collected under one title, instead of as for separate stories.
sunbune chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
whoa, did Leo actually kill those guys? Yikes! I mean, I'm not sayin' they didn't deserve it, but that's a little too ruthless for the Leo that I know. THIS Leo is a bit too cold for me... kinda scary. But that's cool.

I love that Leo didn't abandon April at the campfire. I never thought about it before, but of course he would've shadowed her until he was sure she was safe- he wouldn't've just left her to fend for herself out there.

I also really, really love this: "Would she serve to relieve our isolation – or merely underscore it further?" Well put! SO well put! That really would've been Leo's main concern. And the ending, too- "that can't stop me from needing to do it." Aww, that's SO Leo! I was a little pissed at him for not sparring with April at first, but by the end I totally understood why you wrote it that way, to show how she finally earned his respect and acceptance.
Inspirationbynight chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
I loved all of their perspectives, you captured them so well, I feel like I just saw a cannon episode or something. Great job!
OSYH chapter 1 . 8/28/2007
Oh, I loved this one! Through your prepective, I got a new insight on Leonardo in the new TMNT movie, when he was training in Central America. And the way he described the jungle, it's almost as if he was simply responding to instincts.

His story with April was cute! Especially the sparring. I liked how surprised he was at her presistence! :)

A wonderful 4 part story. You have a gift!
Jessiy Landroz chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Well, figured Leo wouldnt go into the ga-ga aspect of it, (as Don called it,) and his needs to proove a point can be frustratingly annoying at times, especially if he firmly believes doing something fs for the best, and yet not share his thoughts for some reason unless pestered into telling...

I like the gentleness and concern he's showing in this chapter, very Leo'ish I guess he'd been so absorbed into his training he forgot what it was like to be home with family again