Reviews for The Mourner
MuggleCreator chapter 9 . 5/17/2013
Sniff. Brilliant.
GalynSolo chapter 9 . 6/28/2009
This is a really good story! I like that you covered only what needs to tell the story and didn't linger on anything unimportant; yes of course some more detail is always nice, but you kept it to the point and just enough to make it content, and that is what is so endearing about it. Thanks!
Mother of Tears chapter 9 . 7/21/2008
Very, very beautiful. I loved Silas Marner and have read it many times. This was a good tribute to it.
Ezmerelda chapter 9 . 5/31/2008
This is a wonderful adaptation? re-write? of an old classic.

I enjoyed reading every bit, and the ending is just perfect - you left your readers with just enough resolution to be satisfying, but with enough "loose ends" to allow us to finish it more completely from our own imaginations, depending on our own personal tastes. (For example, I envision Severus and Harry becoming in-laws, and can't help but smirk at the expectation of many verbal jousts...)

I didn't notice any grammatical, spelling, or typographical errors, which is getting more and more rare on this site, as well as in real life, these days. Kudos to you for practicing accurate proofreading, or for getting someone else to read it over for you, or for just knowing your grammar and spelling and putting that knowledge to work for you.

Once again, I enjoyed the story, and shall immediately add it to my favourites. Thanks for writing! "
hobgoblinn chapter 9 . 2/2/2008
what a lovely story, even if based on a classic. I like the touches that make it part of the Potterverse, and especially the letter Snape begins to write at the end. Very nice job. Glad I stumbled across this tonight, even if I stayed up way too late reading it. Thanks for sharing it.
boagarota chapter 9 . 12/29/2007
Congratulations!

You're an amazing writer, I can say it. I almost cried so many times while I was reading this little treasure that I surely can say that you know how to write such a good story. I love Severus Snape and I loved how you made him feel love for someone, raise this child and make her love him too.

I searched on the web for the meaning of Prosperina - that you didn't let in your fic and, I don't know if it's why I'm not English native speaker (I'm brazillian) - and it is really beautiful. It means a lot for the story.

Once again, congrats!

xoxoxo
Dragons Quill chapter 9 . 12/4/2007
i liked it, it was really sweet and it was nice to see his heart soothed. i normally keep to severus and hermione fics, but i stumbled across this one in my search of other's favorites lists. i must say that it was worth the time to read. i can see the malfloys doing such a thing. i am glad i took the time to read this wonderful little fic.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 11/24/2007
Here's hoping Snape has a life and family after Proserpina marries (if indeed Ginny Potter would allow her son to marry a Squib; there will likely be trouble there). He can't be more than sixty, which is early days yet for wizards, even ones worn out by too many wars. Can't you find a nice, plump widow or some such for Snape to warm his days when Proserpina has a family of her own?

Lovely ending, though, I am surprised Snape hasn't shown her more of the Muggle world, where being a Squib would have no penalty. Or let her meet Filch, who would adore her on sight.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 11/24/2007
And of course, Draco is not grateful in the least for the many times Snape saved his life. What scum!

Very good chapter.
tearsofphoenix chapter 9 . 11/21/2007
Thank you for a beautiful, soothing story, written with a wonderful style.

I've waited to read the last chapters together, because I guessed that you were ending it soon :)

so I'm sorry for the delay in reviewing, but it was a great reading, this way...

I've loved your way to give the deserved peace to Snape, and the end, that shows also his reconciliation with Harry, is perfect, like the final line.

NOW all is well.
Nadrek chapter 9 . 11/20/2007
Well done - small in scope, but well executed within that scope, with grace and emotion, particularly impressive given how short the story is, and how little we actually see of conversation with Proserpina.
The Fluffy Ball chapter 9 . 11/20/2007
Wow, it's over. This last chapter had a different feel to it, as if it were paced slower. In all, good story. I love it.
spikesbitch chapter 9 . 11/20/2007
i am really satisfied with the way you ended the story. it allowed me to continue to imagine how i think things would go next but with the major frustrations avoided as the major issues are resolved. i'm glad that you didn't make severus over sentimental just because he had a daughter. lovely story.
dancegirl01mom chapter 9 . 11/20/2007
great story.
wynnleaf chapter 9 . 11/20/2007
Lovely story and ending. You're already on my favorite authors list, but this story will go on my favorites as well. Thanks for sharing it.