Reviews for The Mourner
feuerfliege chapter 6 . 11/5/2007
Interesting story. I enjoyed reading it (thought I prefer stories written in past tense) and I'm looking forward to reading more.

One thing though: shouldn't a three-year-old know at least her first name? If she can speak well enough to tell Severus that she's been outside with a 'bad man' she should be able to tell him her name. (Maybe even her last name considering that she's a Malfoy and Draco didn't seem to have changed a lot.)
Donroth chapter 6 . 11/4/2007
This is just beautiful. I'm glad I came across it. Hope to read more.
tearsofphoenix chapter 6 . 11/4/2007
"how awful that all must have been for you. I-I can’t imagine... It seems like too much for one person to bear.”

how sadly true eh?

thank you for another beautiful chapter!
duj chapter 6 . 11/3/2007
For all Dumbledore's "great talk on the power of love", he's not a loving person. None of the people in HP-verse who are supposed to particularly represent the power of love are: Harry, with his ignorance of his friends' feelings and lives and his disinterest in anyone outside his tiny social circle; Lily, who uses a supposed friend as a prop to flirt with his tormentor (I've always seen that scene that way, except that I didn't know she was supposedly his friend - which makes it worse); Molly, who treats her children as extensions of herself instead of people...

I just re-read Marner last night, so I remember well what Snape is likely to see at Spinner's End, if you follow the same pattern.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 11/3/2007
Oh, dear. I hope it isn't Albus Potter who's dead. (one wonders if the school would have gone into mourning if Snape had been killed in the Shrieking Shack by Lupin, though, in that case). Did the school go into mourning for Cedric Diggory? It should have.

Very, very good chapter-here's hoping that everything turns out well. (and Snape, despite the years, is still young for a wizard, even though he's past a century in his heart).
wynnleaf chapter 6 . 11/3/2007
Interesting that they didn't stop to find out who died. Of course, I'm assuming the death *will* affect them. I loved the way you handled Snape's confession to Proserpina and her response.
The Fluffy Ball chapter 6 . 11/3/2007
*ponder* What's going on there? Funny how he totally avoids the subject.
Kehlen chapter 6 . 11/3/2007
such a nice story so far, aw.
brenda-wood-sheil chapter 6 . 11/3/2007
Oh I am so glad she is such a sensitive loving girl

that is exactly what 'papa' needed to hear but he would never have admitted it

he loves this child and does not want her hurt in any way and he is afraid of associations with a potter for so many reasons

I also think no matter who it is - the fact that his tiny baby is now fifteen and thinking of womanly things has got to be unsettling for him. For any father.

Well done

Luthien and Tari Oronar chapter 6 . 11/3/2007
Oh no! Who died? I just love Sev and Proserpina's interactions! THey're so cute together!
whitehound chapter 6 . 11/3/2007
She doesn't wait to find out who's died, in case it's young Albus? Or does the castle only mourn staff deaths?
tambrathegreat chapter 6 . 11/3/2007
A beautiful chapter. I love the subtledy of Severus and his emotions. Proserpina is well written and a delightful surprise.
brenda-wood-sheil chapter 5 . 10/29/2007
i am guessing she is about 15 or so by now?

i hope she does not disappoint - that she is gentle enough to accept her papa's past with grace

i love how decent a father he is
tambrathegreat chapter 5 . 10/28/2007
I love that Albus Potter is a Slytherin. I thought he would be too, after the epilogue in DH. I hope to read more soon.
tambrathegreat chapter 4 . 10/28/2007
I loved the description of how he tells the people in the pub about the girl. "-the little girl like fire and gemstone-" Beautiful turn of a phrase.
106 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »